Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-11, 11:59 AM  
shelleyann

Question Purchasing Kettlebells

I was wondering if kettlebell users could give me an idea of where they purchase their kettlebells and what brand they prefer. Up to this point i have purchased at Target, the GO FIT brand, but as I get into higher weights, I'm needing other options. Thanks for your help!

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 12:12 PM  
Missiscipi

I have Gofit and Jfit and regret getting either for higher weight, the jfit is fine for 20lb and under but the 25 I have rips up my hands. I just ordered a 26lb from mbodystrength for 40.75 (that is the total w/shipping) - I heard good things about them but maybe someone else can chime in
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 12:14 PM  
Missiscipi

Oh and the jfit 35lb and the gofit 45lb I have are fine for non rotational moves like swings and deadlifts for me but if I ever made it up to higher than the upper 20lb range for snatches and the such I would be buying something else for that. Also, I heard art of strength has nice bells that don't hurt
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 12:20 PM  
tigerbaby

I have a couple from GoFit, several Aders, one from Muscledriver and one Perform Better. My preference is Ader, particularly when going up in weight, because the larger the bell, the larger the handle. I have tiny hands and have to really take the handle thickness into account or I'll drop the bell. I would love to try one from MBody as I've heard they're good but I'm afraid the handle would be too much for me.
tigerbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 12:21 PM  
Gayleski

I really, really like my Aders (14kg, 20kg, 24kg). I've gotten them at both kettlebellinc.com and roguefitness.com (both vendor experiences were good).
Old 05-04-11, 01:20 PM  
caligurl

i got mine from mbodystrength.com (the ones who did MB45) and i love them!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 01:23 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
i got mine from mbodystrength.com (the ones who did MB45) and i love them!
Here's another vote for mbodystrength.com. They ship fast and their prices are great.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 01:37 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
I was wondering if kettlebell users could give me an idea of where they purchase their kettlebells and what brand they prefer. Up to this point i have purchased at Target, the GO FIT brand, but as I get into higher weights, I'm needing other options. Thanks for your help!
I use my perform better kbs the most. The earlier brand had a rough handle but that has been fixed. I also like the Ader kbs, I have 2 set of those. I use my muscle driver kb the least. Also, perform better have their kbs on sell frequently. Just google perform better and you will get their web page.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 01:38 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
Here's another vote for mbodystrength.com. They ship fast and their prices are great.
I am ready to up my kb weight, I will check out mbody strength.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 01:46 PM  
Sissy B

I started with the GoFit kettlebells from Target and I do like them. But eventually I ordered a set of Aders from Lisa Shaffer at Kettlebell Inc. and I love those.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebells