Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-20, 10:41 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
She stopped hanging from the curtain rod when she was fully grown, but she has found plenty of other trouble!
Great...this one's middle name is also trouble!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 11:18 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I have tried a few mentioned, but others are definitely worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
Bored.Now.....did you just make a Buffy reference?
Yes! Love Buffy!

Quote:
My cats would play with my hair bands, earrings, and the ring of the lid to the milk bottle. I just did a youtube search for "fun things for cats to play with" Maybe one of the videos will have something your cats will have interest in.
Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
Is it possible to let them outside to explore the yard safely for stimulation? My cat never cared for toys after a few months of age however she loved going under the house and exploring the yard. Plenty of birds to tease her. I loved how they would dive bomb at her. lol The birds didn't hurt her but it was funny.
My boys are definitely indoor. Also, we have coyotes and hawks here who would love a kitty treat. Plus, rattlesnakes!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 11:23 AM  
Carol K

We have coyotes here too. And they can be aggressive with people walking their dogs on leashes. We also have to be careful with what they use for toys. Lily will eat rubber bands, so we can't leave those laying around.
Old 06-27-20, 08:19 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I agree with a previous poster. I have had cats for 40 years and the all-time best cat toy is the ring off the milk carton. They all like them but I once had a cat who would play fetch with them for hours.

And never underestimate the power of catnip. If your cat responds, and not all do, the catnip sprays are fantastic for getting a sluggish cat worked up.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 08:29 PM  
sherry7899

I wish we could give our cats the milk ring, but they always knock them under the refrigerator.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 10:08 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
I wish we could give our cats the milk ring, but they always knock them under the refrigerator.
I wish I had a nickel for every milk ring I dug out from under the fridge. I could buy myself a new car.

Gotta love those furry little munchkins. Nothing like a purring cat to perk you up.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 11:09 PM  
sherry7899

My husband took books off our shelves to put on stronger shelf supports and found our lovely cat Mila the troublemaker had chewed the corners of several of his expensive Beatles books. Sigh.....It is like she knows which ones are costly! I have a tote bag full of library books I am waiting to find out when we
can return, and she has not touched those! I put them in the hall closet just to be safe.

Old 06-28-20, 11:42 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Our cats will eat the milk ring. The eat anything and everything. Especially plastic, vinyl and rubber. I'm surprised they're still alive.

They like catnip but it only lasts about ten minutes and then they are bored again.

I tried an old shoelace and that worked for a few minutes. Until they started eating it...

Quote:
My husband took books off our shelves to put on stronger shelf supports and found our lovely cat Mila the troublemaker had chewed the corners of several of his expensive Beatles books. Sigh.....It is like she knows which ones are costly! I have a tote bag full of library books I am waiting to find out when we can return, and she has not touched those! I put them in the hall closet just to be safe.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-28-20, 11:46 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Catnip! My kitty Midnight devours it!

Otherwise, she likes the balled up paper wrappers but I think you mentioned that already.
What a beauty! I love black cats!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-28-20, 11:51 AM  
sherry7899

Alta, your cats sound like my cat Mila. She will eat plastic bags. She stole a little rubber and mesh drain stopper out of our son's shower and ate half of it, then coughed it up totally intact in a furball. She should not still be alive! We did not know she had even taken it until she coughed it up.

Tags
cat topic