Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-04-13, 10:22 AM  
MKEMom

Tell me about CLX

I'm right in the middle of Drop Two Sizes, and I'm really enjoy it and the results I'm getting. So, of course I'm already worried about what I'm going to do when I'm done with it

I'm thinking of saving up my pennies while I finish D2S and getting CLX, but I'm looking for some feedback on the pros and cons before I spend the money.

Also, I have a tricky SI joint and an exaggerated lumbar curve (swayback), so I'm a little concerned about some comments I've seen about low back injuries resulting from CLX. I've learned to modify moves and be VERY careful with my low back, but I'm wondering how much of an issue it could actually be?

Also, do I need the deluxe package with the extra workouts, or is the base package just fine?

TIA for any advice/info!
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 11:03 AM  
Fitstick

I think the base package is enough and I have it for trade - if you are interested please send me a PM. To be honest, I tried the rotation more than once and could never make it all the way through. I am rotation adverse but some of the moves in the workout are a bit awkward since she is having you lift super slow using compound moves. However, the nice thing about the workouts is that they are easy to fit into your schedule at about 40 minutes each. For some reason the slow compound moves did not appeal to me and by phase 3 I was Chalene'd out. I never experienced back pain from it. I prefer a program like STS over CLX, I guess I prefer more traditional lifting or, if I am going to lift heavy, I prefer no compound moves. Hope this helps in your decision.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 11:42 AM  
PhyllisG

I agree with everything said. I did complete the rotation but by the end I could not take another minute of Chalene. I too felt some of the exercises were awkward. I gave it away immediately after finishing it.
I did Cathe's STS right before CLX so that may have had something to do with how I felt.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 12:06 PM  
momofcha

I this set. I'm still doing it since the day it came out. thankfully I don't have any injuries to work around, but I love the format, the timeframe, everything.... Lean is my least favorite phase though (the compound moves one).

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 12:38 PM  
carres1973

Like others have said, I found many of the moves awkward. I think I got through about 10 or 11 weeks before I said enough was enough. I really liked the PUSH phase best, which makes sense because I much prefer traditional weight work (if I am going to do any). I thought Chalene was just over the top. However, this was my first Chalene workout so maybe I just wasn't used to her.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 12:58 PM  
marmact

I found a couple of the moves awkward, but most of them I thought were fine. (The bigger issue for me was the compound nature of the work, as it's really hard for me to get any kind of burn for the lower body using the lighter weights required to work, say, triceps.) That being said, I really enjoyed this set! I think it is definitely worth a try.
Old 09-04-13, 03:42 PM  
MKEMom

Thanks for the feedback. Could someone give me an example of the type of move you found awkward? I'm just trying to visualize what I might run into. Thanks.
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clx