Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-05, 03:49 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Hardcore Extreme - the details

Another post from Cathe's site, this time about Hardcore Extreme.

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...id=45230&page=

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-05, 04:03 PM  
Davida

I preordered this one but I will definitely be selling it unopened - I think the rest of HardCore will be *extreme* enough for me! I will also be selling the high impact one because since I got the rebounder I get enough intense cardio on there without the damage to the joints.

Davida
Davida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-05, 04:03 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Thanks Sabine!! I love how I can just visit VF and still know a bunch of updates from other sites.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-05, 04:43 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

I am really disappointed that there isn't a total body strength workout. Since all the Gym Style strength is on separate dvds, I was hoping that there would be a nice combo using them on this one. Oh welll.

The circuit workout might be good, but the others don't interest me at all. I don't care for her cardio combos much. I would get too sick of the cardio if I did them along with the original workouts.
Old 01-14-05, 04:51 PM  
pipsqueak3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa C
The circuit workout might be good, but the others don't interest me at all. I don't care for her cardio combos much. I would get too sick of the cardio if I did them along with the original workouts.
The first thought I had when I saw this was that I hoped I liked IMAX 3! I'm surprised that 2 of them sound so similar. The more I hear about Hardcore, the less excited I am. Hopefully, I'll be really pleasantly surprised when I finally get them. Elisabeth
pipsqueak3211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-05, 05:00 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I was hoping the extreme would be more like the time saver/CTX. Looks like I *might* be interested only in premix #3. But it is a little long for my taste (70 min)...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-05, 05:05 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

I'm sure that it will be fine, but the idea of combining IMax 3 with Low Max makes me chuckle .
Old 01-14-05, 05:07 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Hmmm...this one doesn't sound like it will "do" anything for me. I don't buy Cathe for her pure cardio (except kickboxing).

Like Lisa said, it would've been nice if Cathe had done a pre-mix from the 3 gym style strength workouts.
Old 01-14-05, 05:14 PM  
Kate**Roberts
VF Supporter

I'm disappointed too!

I'm with you, Lisa C. I had hoped for a total body weight workout also. I didn't think she would use all of the Gym Style series to do it but I hoped for a mix of Gym Style, Muscle Max, and the weights from High Step Challenge.

Also, I agree that I would get sick of the cardio segments if I did them along with the originals. That is why I sold my Terminator DVD. They were great workouts but I was afraid it would make me get tired of the originals quickly.

My other thought was I could put together the mixes myself "fairly" easily. I have a 5 disc player. While I don't think I would program it all in (way too many chapters!), I could easily switch between the two disks.

I'm thinking I will give each workout a try and then sell it if I'm not in love.

BTW, I do look forward to all 10 originals! I love Cathe- the other moms in the Mom with Muscles Check In know I do!
Old 01-14-05, 05:17 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S.
Like Lisa said, it would've been nice if Cathe had done a pre-mix from the 3 gym style strength workouts.

I agree.

I don't know if I'll even preview this one. It might go right to Ebay. But what the heck, as long as I have it (I'll probably fast forward and/or chapter forward quite quickly). Just what we need: really long, really high impact workouts! That mix of IMAX3 and Low Max is a bit perplexing.

I forgot: what are these workouts called? Something with "Max" in them, perhaps?

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote