Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-01-20, 09:57 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Bendy Body is AMAZING!

I've had this for awhile and hadn't really tried it. I pulled it out and ended up doing the 1st 3 segments which were legs & hips, lower back and shoulders (total of 60 minutes). I am amazed at how loose I feel and the time literally flew by. I am not nearly as flexible as she is but I went to my deepest range of motion and I really feel great. I am definitely going to do those 3 segments at least once per week. I just had to share as I'm in with this stretch dvd!

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Ben...kout-p/346.htm

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 11:48 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

I have this on my Amazon wish list but already have a lot of stretch DVDs. Hmmmm - based on what you said I may just have to get it. Does she show or instruct for modifications for those not as flexible?
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 12:22 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

You know...I have this too and believe I used it one time, loved it, and then didn't pull it out again! You've so inspired me to pull it out and use it as add-ons. Thank you for posting!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 02:27 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
I have this on my Amazon wish list but already have a lot of stretch DVDs. Hmmmm - based on what you said I may just have to get it. Does she show or instruct for modifications for those not as flexible?
She gives tips for doing the stretch to your abilities. I can only wish to be as flexible as her. I'm still feeling "loose" from this mornings session. I may have to fit this in twice a week--

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Old 03-01-20, 03:29 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
She gives tips for doing the stretch to your abilities. I can only wish to be as flexible as her. I'm still feeling "loose" from this mornings session. I may have to fit this in twice a week--
I also have this workout and have not done it in a while. I have to add it back into my rotation because it is a solid stretch workout. Thanks for reminding me about this workout.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 10:58 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Loved Gentle Yoga Stretch so far too

I did the 1st segment of Gentle Yoga Stretch with Jessica Smith and really enjoyed it after my walk. I plan on doing the mobility section tomorrow before I spin. I woke up this morning after doing Bendy Body yesterday pleasantly sore. My body is really needing all these stretches and mobility sessions.

Old 03-02-20, 01:30 PM  
ChelePA

My hips are tight these days. Would this workout help? Thanks!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 02:07 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I did the 1st segment of Gentle Yoga Stretch with Jessica Smith and really enjoyed it after my walk. I plan on doing the mobility section tomorrow before I spin. I woke up this morning after doing Bendy Body yesterday pleasantly sore. My body is really needing all these stretches and mobility sessions.
I did Get Bent Circus Style today and while it was a good stretch, some segments were too advanced for me (I modified quite a bit). Tomorrow I will do Bendy Body. Bendy Body is geared more towards my current flexibility level. I have been neglecting my mobility work and it really showed today. I will work my way back up to Get Bent -Circus Style.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 03:30 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
My hips are tight these days. Would this workout help? Thanks!
The hip section is so good and I was much looser after the one session. I think it is a winner even if you just do that section. (that section alone is 41 minutes)

Old 03-02-20, 03:31 PM  
Floren

Do you have any thoughts on why Mary has it categorized as Intermediate-Advanced? It doesn't look too hard.
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bendy body, kristina nekyia, stretch workouts