Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-19, 03:08 PM  
Messe

Feeling the love for my Cathe Live downloads

The thread title tells part of the story: I love my Cathe Live downloads! The rest of the story? They've gotten me out of a 3-year, on-again-off-again workout slump. I am SO glad Cathe decided to sell downloads! They're a much better option for me than streaming, and I have plenty of new-to-me workouts to keep me happy. We will not talk about how many Lives I purchased. But hey, they were on sale!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 05:04 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

That’s great Martha! Nice to hear from you! I’m very happy with my Live purchases too!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 05:17 PM  
manleym

I would love to know which Live workouts ya'll like best. I don't stream either and did Cathe's Live freebie roadtrip legs download the other day and really liked it. So I'm dipping my toes into Live purchases. TIA!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 05:51 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Martha, I'm right there with you. I am really enjoying the downloads I purchased and I also plead the fifth on how many I bought. There is just an energy in these that I don't always see in the polished productions, and it's what I need right now!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 06:39 AM  
Cher

I’m enjoying the Live downloads I bought too! I’m hoping she has another sale because I want more!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 06:47 AM  
sherry7899

Martha, I am glad you found workouts you love that are motivating! Welcome back!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 07:47 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I bought 14 downloads; 7 floor aerobics & 7 step aerobics. I have done the Get Steppin' 2 workout twice, & I really like it. I like the energy & the choreography. All the choreography is familiar, but it has been put together differently. I had no problem following it with no preview.

Yesterday I did For the Love of Cardio. I did like it, but it was shorter than I would've liked, one of the moves is a real space hog & there were a lot of water breaks. I had no idea of the length or the amount of water breaks, as I did it with no preview.

The workout was 43:30 long, but the warmup was about 10 min. long, & Cathe stopped to stretch at around 40 min., making for only 30 min. of cardio. I did like the workout. In the future, I will do my own thing during some of the water breaks & maybe do a little extra like run my stairs at the end. This will work perfectly for me, as I like running stairs, & I haven't been doing it enough lately.

Also, I think the For the Love of Cardio workout might be one of the easier floor aerobics workouts in the Cathe Live catalog.

Another thing for me to add is that I am able to burn the downloads to dvd-r. There are some instructors whose downloads aren't able to be burned to dvd-r. The one I can think of off the top of my head is Jenny Ford, & those instructors who use Purple Player. (If I'm wrong about Purple Player, someone please correct me.)

In the future, I would like to stream Cathe Live once in awhile, but I cannot justify doing that now with all the downloads I still have to do!

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 08:14 AM  
Messe

I've done seven of my downloads so far, and there's not a loser in the bunch, although some have more and !!! in my workout notebook than others:
  • PHA Training
  • PHAT 2
  • Strong Total Body
  • Total Body Giant Sets 2
  • Total Body Tone Up
  • Totally Pumped Total Body
  • Vertical Loading

YMMV, but for me, the energy in the class setting more than compensates for the not-that-great music. But then a lot of the music on my favorite Cathe DVDs isn't all that great either.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 10:57 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I adore Cathe Live and being able to purchase them now as downloads is awesome! I've only downloaded the free RT Leg workout and three others. The downloads didn't take up as much storage on my iPad as I thought, so I'm going to purchase a few more later.

I love the variety and fun factor on all the workouts.

Not to enable or anything.... But the Cathe newsletter this week had the following coupons:

15% Off Everything when you order 2 items - Use code: SAVE15
20% Off Everything when you order 3 items - Use code: SAVE20
30% Off Everything when you order 6 items - Use code: SAVE30
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 01:02 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

I've been subscribing to her streaming for almost a year and since May it's all I do! In a previous thread I noted some good metabolic workouts, but I'll throw in a 2 thumbs up for Cathe's 200 workout which I just did. Fun, fast and a nice challenge. It's 4 blocks; each has four exercises done in 10 reps and repeated 5 times (yes, sounds like an SAT math problem). Technically it comes to 840 reps (she does a bonus round at end).

Caveats -- if Cathe's moving fast bothers you, stay away! If you're looking for a heavy strength workout also stay away. It's basically a body weight/high rep/metabolic circuit with good core work too. Will be revisiting for sure.

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe live, cathe live favorites