Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-11-15, 07:44 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Plyoga with Stephanie Lauren

http://www.plyogafitness.com/#!produ...1-d1f0fa4874b1

Anybody familiar with these workouts? I was browsing youtube and found some of these Plyoga workouts on youtube on the Qinetic Live channel. I googled her and found that she has some dvds available as well. The 3 workouts I found on the Qinetic channel look really awesome and different! She combines plyometric moves with complimentary yoga moves for active recovery and isometric strength. I downloaded the youtube workouts to try out. I may try them next week. If I like them, maybe I'll get the dvd workouts. I love supporting new instructors, especially when they provide free workouts on youtube!
Old 12-11-15, 08:47 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I've been following this VF thread: Jillian Michaels New Show and there was Plyoga mentioned as one of the contenders. (I have not watched the tv show myself so don't know if it's the same plyoga.)

Link to tv show page: http://www.spike.com/shows/sweat-inc
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 10:18 PM  
mrsyancy

Thanks Colleen. I like the looks of these. I'm going to check out her you tube workouts
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 11:17 PM  
Getfit

Yes that is the same contestant on Jillian's show. Her workouts are pretty intense. I wish she had clips from the DVDs.
Old 12-12-15, 07:29 AM  
mmss0607

Mary will carry the DVD set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getfit View Post
Yes that is the same contestant on Jillian's show. Her workouts are pretty intense. I wish she had clips from the DVDs.
Mary will have the set in about 10 days, so she will post some clips by then
mmss0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-15, 08:12 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmss0607 View Post
Mary will have the set in about 10 days, so she will post some clips by then
Nice! That's awesome. Thanks for letting us know!
Old 12-15-15, 01:00 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Her 3 dvd set is now up for preorder on Total Fitness! https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Ply...n-p/plyoga.htm I have it in my cart but I'm waiting for the video clip before I buy. Anyone else interested in this one?
Old 12-15-15, 01:11 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
Her 3 dvd set is now up for preorder on Total Fitness! https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Ply...n-p/plyoga.htm I have it in my cart but I'm waiting for the video clip before I buy. Anyone else interested in this one?
Interested but at that price I need clips. Also have the Tendu toning and Barlates Mat workout in my cart so the competition will be stiff
Old 12-15-15, 01:17 PM  
Tugger31

I've been watching Sweat Inc (good show by the way). She was eliminated b/c she didn't/wouldn't consider having her instructors be yoga certified to teach her class. The workouts seemed more plyo with some yoga-based stretching interspersed She also a youtube video showing some unrelated exercises using a Strong Board which is a piece of equipment that also did not make the final cut on Sweat Inc. Interesting how all these people are combining efforts.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-15, 01:42 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I've been watching Sweat Inc (good show by the way). She was eliminated b/c she didn't/wouldn't consider having her instructors be yoga certified to teach her class. The workouts seemed more plyo with some yoga-based stretching interspersed She also a youtube video showing some unrelated exercises using a Strong Board which is a piece of equipment that also did not make the final cut on Sweat Inc. Interesting how all these people are combining efforts.
Yeah I've checked out some of her youtube offerings and the Plyoga workout is definitely not for the yoga purist. She's really just incorporating yoga based moves for active recovery and isometric strength in between plyometric segments. I find it an interesting combination, myself. It is expensive, but there is a lot of content (5 hours worth). I will still wait for the clips, though, before deciding...