Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-13, 04:39 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

ITA that for the original price of this set, the production should have been a bit more polished and the cueing better. I feel they are worth the $50 that I paid, since my expectation is less than if I had paid more (and a LOT more compared to the original price). I definitely will get use out of this set.

I was out of town, so I still have only done Darby's Fusion and Tabata & Toning. Tomorrow I will try one of the other 3---haven't decided which one.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 05:01 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
If anyone wants a slower pace workout that's a bit similar, I highly recommend Terri Walsh's workouts! I'm thoroughly impressed with her workouts. They are no walk in the park. They definitely are on the tough side. Plus, they work both your upper and lower body really well.

Thanks! Where can I find these?

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 05:05 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I was going to ask this too. I have heard there are DVDR versions of this, maybe they all are dvdr? Just curious.
Old 05-17-13, 05:10 PM  
hotncmom

I have been subscribing to the ART online studio for a couple of months now and it's just not my cup of tea. I love her DCT sequences, in fact I bought a HD download a long time ago, and found it pretty challenging. While I love the plank work, I don't like her weight stuff. I prefer light weights, high reps after doing mat work. The two fusion workouts in the Dream Body set are great workouts in the respect that they are closer to the style I enjoy. I'm still on the fence about the Barre disc (I think there are better barre workouts out there), but will probably keep doing it as part of the set. I'm also on the fence about T&T after today, but will give it another chance. But Bikini Bootcamp will get substituted for sure.

I subscribed to the Suzanne Bowen site with the free month offer, and I need to play around with that some more before it expires.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 05:29 PM  
LeanneM

So a Facebook friend who lives near the DB studio found out today that the new cardio workouts won't be out for six more weeks. Bummer!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 06:15 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
I was going to ask this too. I have heard there are DVDR versions of this, maybe they all are dvdr? Just curious.
Right now I'm doing her online subscription. You can not beat it for $6.99 a month. For this price you can try it for a month and if you don't like it, you're only out $6.99.

http://artmethodondemand.com/

Youtube has some free videos, too. Another great way to give it a try.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 06:30 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
So a Facebook friend who lives near the DB studio found out today that the new cardio workouts won't be out for six more weeks. Bummer!
Aww, that is a bummer! They said on fb the pre-sale would start in about two weeks, so I guess that makes sense. If they've learned anything, let's hope they offer a pre-sale price!

I guess it's at least good to know, I can shelve my anticipation for this and Kettlebell Kickboxing's new DVDs and just focus on the ones I've got going on right now.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 01:58 PM  
isebelleg44

I did Barre today and can see why others say this is not a real barre workout. I don't have much experience with barre, just Cathe and Tracy's two booty barres, which I enjoy.

The first section was a real arm burner and I kept wondering when we were going to hit the lower body. My shoulder started to ache from holding my arm out for so long, that I had to drop down to 1lb at one point. She throws in some short cardio bursts and some push ups that I found a little awkward. She has you in a runners lunge, with the foot up by your shoulder while doing a push up. I was a little wary of that move especially with my wonky right shoulder.

The second half was barre, which was ok but I didn't find it super challenging.
She then ends with a short ab section, which I found to be the easiest of the bunch.

While I found the first section challenging, mainly because my arms burned so much, to me this one is the easiest of the 5. And to me this doesn't seem to be much of a barre workout. I left feeling a little unsatisified.

My vote for easiest to hardest:
Barre
Bikini Bootcamp
Fusion
Tabata & Toning
Fusion Mix

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 02:34 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I think that's the order I'd put them in, too. I did T&T this morning for the 4th or maybe 5th time? and it was way easier this morning. As I told the check in group, I still modified some moves, so there's still room to grow, but I was really surprised when I was at the end!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-13, 01:16 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by altinker View Post
I think I'll have to work up to these.
Ditto on that! I've been out of town and have only done the first workout so far.

Today I tried Tabata and Toning, and didn't even make it through the first 10 minutes. Then I popped in the Fusion dvd with Brook, and also couldn't keep up the pace. After a few minutes I was just staring at the TV.

I hope I don't start dreading these because I can't keep up. And, I'm going to have to pause the dvd constantly just to get the reps in, at my speed!

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua