Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-08, 02:32 AM  
MuscleGuy

Question Tracey Staehle's Cardio Sweatfest...Is It?

I'm always on the lookout for good kickbox workouts, and I've noticed that Tracey Staehle has one (perhaps an old one?) on her "Cardio Sweatfest" DVD.

Could anyone comment on the intensity of this workout? I can't find many reviews of it. Is it really a sweatfeast?

I'm torn between this and the new Patricia Moreno one (Core Cross Train Kickbox)

Thanks

Adam
MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 02:51 AM  
woodmouth

I bought it not being sure about it. It is an hour long of kickbox drills. Low impact but high intensity. It is paced to allow recovery periods but it flows. Works upper body, lower body and all over. I usually have doms in my shoulders with this one. This kickbox tape works. Went to Karate and it is like drills tou would do with in the class. I like it. Works the body from top to bottom in one go. On a HRM this tape turned out to be one of the most effective calorie burners workouts that I have. Turned out to be a dark horse for me. i won't part with this tape. Low impact, high intensity, don't require alot of floor space. I like it.
woodmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 06:37 AM  
Sharon T
VF Supporter

I'm not a kickbox expert by any means. Both dvds consist of straightforward drills, repeated a lot at different tempos. I find Sweatfest has more cardio intensity, and Core Cross Train, although it raises your heartrate, has, not surprisingly, more core focus. There's a good review of this one in the new reviews section.
Sharon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 07:03 AM  
3ks

All I can say is that puppy is intense...think "arm shredder."

Ouch. Nice.
3ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 08:03 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I thought Cardio Sweatfest was very intense. I didn't care for Patricia's workout - a real clunker.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 08:23 AM  
MuscleGuy

Thanks for the replies, guys.......I've ordered 'Sweatfest'.

Adam
MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 08:44 AM  
turbo1

I have it, I"ve done the kickbox once or twice and have not touched it again. Its not a bad workout, just boring as hell. I've only pre-veiwed the step section, didn't look too interesting. Keep in mind I"m not a Tracey fan, I"ve pre-ordered everything up to Walking Strong and have been disappointed everytime. I feel her workouts did not measure up to her promises. I think I"m in the minority in regards to Tracey. I will not order anything else from her unless the reviews are VERY good.
Old 04-01-08, 08:56 AM  
mtnmom

I never ordered it, but from the clips it looked rather repetitive. But I thought I would mention that I was just on the Open Discussion forum at Cathe.com and someone posted how they did it last night and loved it! Here's a link to the post.

I thought it ironic that you asked and she posted about it.
Old 04-01-08, 09:00 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I recently got and reviewed Cardio Sweatfest--my review is probably still on the New Reviews page. It starts off a little slow, but Tracey definitely picks up the pace, and she will absolutely FRY your torso and shoulders! For those who enjoy complex choreographed kickboxing, you won't find it here, but who those who like basic kickboxing drills that really get your HR up, this fits the bill.

BTW, there is also a hi-low workout on this DVD (I found it just okay), but not a step one--perhaps Connie was getting it confused with Tracey's Step Sweatfest?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 09:21 AM  
cmarsh4

A kind VF'er let me borrow this one and I really liked it. I am newer to kickboxing and even tho I love Amy she goes fast enough that I feel I loose what little form I have and with this one Tracey does it drill style instead of a combination and I feel like I can really perfect my form. I didnt find it at all boring tho. I did feel it in the shoulder the next day. This is one I am either going to buy or trade for at some point.

Chris
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracey staehle