Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-20-04, 12:15 AM  
nancylou372003

Re-joining

Hi, I'm Nancy Webb - a former VF'er, 1996 - 2000.

I've recently re-joined, after being a lurker for the past four years.

My family and I (husband, and daughter, 9) have recently relocated from Farmington Hills MI to Las Vegas.
In MI, I worked as a supplier to one of the automotive companies - in Las Vegas, I work at one of the colleges as an Instructional Desinger.

I'm currently very much into yoga. (In MI, I visited Johnny Kests [Bryan's brother] Center for Yoga in Southfield and W. Bloomfield www.centerforyoga.net). In LV, I've attended yoga classes at Sherry Goldstein's Yoga Sanctuary. I'v recently ordered Minna's Optimal Balance to incorporate some more cardio into my practice. I'm hoping at some point to meet with other Las Vegas Vf'ers!
nancylou372003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-04, 08:00 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Hi Nancy, you should visit us in the yoga check-in!
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-04, 04:24 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Hello...

I am Tara, and I have been a member here for almost a year now, though I discovered this site years ago (2000?) I don't post a whole lot, but just thought I would say hey to everyone. I visit this forum quite a bit, I can spend hours reading the reviews and what everyone else has to say, pretty cheap entertainment if you ask me.

I am 31, single, lived in the Twin Cities area my whole life and I work for an accounting firm. I have had an interest in fitness for many years, but didn't actually start exercising regularly until May 2003 (when I turned 30)took me a while you could say. I have mainly been doing the Firm but
am starting to add Cathe to my collection these last few months, I really
like her videos. I also like step aerobics, and am starting to add a little
pilates and kickboxing in my rotation, but my favorite is weight training.
I am trying to get into really good shape, I am trying to work on the diet
now, that's tough for me. Now is not the best time with the holidays around
the corner but will have to try.

Thanks to all of your input here, I have gained lots of valuable information
here whether it be training tips, good or bad videos, etc. Been a big
help. I really enjoy coming here.

Tara
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 06:50 PM  
Joe

Welcome to Tara

Tara, glad to have you here! We look forward to reading your comments and personal reviews about videos as well as any other information and anecdotes you can provide us.

I see you're also in the twin cities.... that makes 12 of us now (I think).
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 10:49 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Thanks Joe....I really appreciate the kind words. It is nice to be a part of
a good group of people. I hope to be of some help at some point.

Tara

Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-04, 12:57 PM  
Colette

Talking

Hi! My name is Colette and I've been coming (or lurking) to VF since 2001. I'm 28, married and live in WA. I used to work as a personal trainer but my video addiction became somewhat of a problem. I knew it was time to find a different career when I started recommending videos and home exercise to clients-as opposed to coming to the gym I worked at! It was kind of funny. "Hey, don't work out HERE! Go out and buy some FIRM videos, they work MUCH better!"

Now I am in school full time to become a Dental Assistant which I am very excited about. Any Dental Assistants here?

I started exercising with videos when I was 20 and trying to get back into shape after dropping out of ballet 2 years prior. My first videos were Jane Fonda's Total Body Sculpting and Reebok Hi/Low workout. I used those two videos for 4 months! I didn't know anything about plateaus back then.

I'm on a FIRM kick right now (both old and new) since they seem to fit well with my busy schedule. I also really enjoy yoga videos when I can't make it to my favorite studio.
Old 11-27-04, 08:09 PM  
mmis29

Welcome Collette! We're always glad to see a newbie
mmis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-04, 10:51 PM  
ltlangeli

Ltlangeli

Hi! My name is Shelly and I have lurked for about 2 1/2 years.

I have a home gym with a Johnny G Spinner and a treadmill as well as all of Cathe's DVD's except High Step Training which I just sold (Hark - I did not like a Cathe workout ). I also own a few Yoga tapes, and a few Firms.

This year I also bought P90x thanks to all my lurking. Currently, I am in week 8 of the Classic rotation. I am 45, have 7 children; 4 we adopted as older kids from foster care. All our kids are grown and gone except for our "surprise" who just turned 13. I also have Lupus so that restricts my workouts at times. I lurk more often then.

I am a college prof who teaches social work and my DH is a Rabbi. We live in West Virginia - yes, there are Jews in WV

Thanks for having me.
ltlangeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-04, 06:48 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Shelly,

We must have found VF around the same time. It sounds like you have found a lot of info on VF. Glad you posted here.

We just got back from WV yesterday visting my husband's family in Huntington, so I"m related to WV by marriage. You're right that being Jewish and being from WV doesn't fit the stereotype, but WV is more diverse than more people think. Of course, the seven kids does fit the stereotype. People don't believe me when I tell them I'm a great aunt 12-13 times. (I"m 41.) My husband was the youngest of five and his brothers and sister made him an uncle at the age of eleven.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 05:01 PM  
ltlangeli

Ltlangeli

Dear Laura:

Thanks for posting. I'm glad my 7 kids are normal for something . Hope you liked Huntington. I am in Wheeling.

Shelly
ltlangeli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread