Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-08, 02:16 PM  
TexasMama

Cardio Camp or Cardio Sweatfest?

For those who have either Kim Spreen's Cardio Camp and/or Tracey Staehle's Cardio Sweatfest, which do you prefer and why? I'm planning to start doing more kickboxing in the future (right now all I have is Kickbox Xtreme for that), because my knees are starting to complain about all the step I've been doing. I love Kickbox Xtreme (I also plan to get Amy's In the Ring when it's released), and I was wondering which of the above mentioned DVDs is, in your opinion, more fun, and if both can be easily modified for lower impact. Thanks!

A pedestrian is a man in danger of his life. A walker is a man in possession of his soul. -- David Mccord
TexasMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 02:19 PM  
Tess_ATL

Cardio Camp hands down. I didn't care for Cardio Sweatfest at all. I just didn't connect with the moves. I LOVE Cardio Camp though for the fun factor and could do it over and over. I think the impact could be easily modified also.
Tess_ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 02:19 PM  
mj476

I find Cardio Camp a lot more fun. Cardio Sweatfest was a bit boring for me; very repetitive and you pretty much stay in one spot for most of the workout. Cardio Camp also had a good non-weighted leg section at the end. They're both good calorie-burners and kept my heart rate up but Cardio Camp flew by for me whereas Cardio Sweatfest I couldn't wait till it was over.

Marcy
Old 02-27-08, 02:24 PM  
gigi

Cardio Camp. I got rid of Cardio Sweatfest. I couldn't even make myself do the workout a second time to make sure I wanted to unload it. I put it in, just to be sure, and took it out before the warm up was complete...I was sure and have had no regrets that I got rid of it...bleh and bleh. That being said, I still love HISM and wish she would perfect that which I think is her forte...advanced step....
Old 02-27-08, 02:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Well, I have a dissenting opinion! I tried the kickboxing workout from Cardio Sweatfest last night and liked it a lot! It's right up my alley: the focus is on simple kickboxing drills that are introduced slow at first then brought up to speed. I'm not great with cardio choreography, so this was perfect for me. I also liked that there was almost no impact (some jump kicks that you could easily leave out) and that there was plenty of kicking. The DVD also has a 30-minute hi-lo workout that I haven't tried yet. If you enjoy more complex cardio, this one probably isn't the best choice for you, but if you're more like me, I think it would be perfect!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 03:56 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I like Cardio Camp better

I like Cardio Camp much better. It is a mix of hi/lo & kickboxing, & it gives me a better workout in less time, & I thought it was more fun. I really love hi/lo, & I was able to do this workout without even previewing it, but the choregraphy isn't boring; there's plenty of variety & plenty of ways to modify the intensity up or down.

While I like Cardio Sweatfest, I think it is a lot of time spent with not much cardio effect, actually. I do really like the 26? minute hi/lo that is on Cardio Sweatfest, & I have said that the only way I'll do that workout again is by doing the hi/lo first, then tacking on some of the kickboxing combos. There is a part in CS where Tracey does about a million jumping jacks, it was pretty boring.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 04:01 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Jennifer, are the jumping jacks in the hi-lo segment? I did the kickbox part last night, and there were no jumping jacks. I'm surprised to hear you say that you didn't get much of a cardio effect--I was in my target HR zone for a full hour!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 05:14 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Does it have to be one of those two? How about Absolute Kickboxing (CIA) with Kimberly Spreen? That's a very fun and very effective cardio workout.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 06:50 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walsh
Does it have to be one of those two? How about Absolute Kickboxing (CIA) with Kimberly Spreen? That's a very fun and very effective cardio workout.
I agree with Karen's suggestion. I really didn't like either one of the two choices. For Kimberly, I prefer Absolute Kickboxing or Kickbox BootCamp. For Tracey, I would wait for Strike Zone. I also liked her first kickbox workout more than the second even though the first kb wo took up a lot of room. I did like the last block combo in Cardio Sweatfest. However, I thought she repeated the other combos way too much so it seemed very repetitive.

Helen
Old 02-27-08, 07:56 PM  
Fitstick

I love Cardio Camp, high fun factor!!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote