Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-07, 05:40 PM  
Inchworm

I just have to say:"I LOVE Absolute Kickboxing!!"

There. Now I feel better. This workout is so amazing. I love Kimberly's personality and style. She is an excellent cuer (sp?). If anyone knows how to work the obliques and waist with kickboxing, she's the one. I think her combo's are really great and the transitions are easy to follow. My whole body felt worked. I love the combat workout part of it too. It worked my shoulders and arms a lot, as well as, of course... the waist and obliques. This is definitely one of my favorite kickbox workouts. I have Cardio Camp too and really enjoy that as well. Kimberly Spreen is certainly one of my new, favorite instructors. My only complaint about the workout is the lack of enjoyment with the background exercisers. If I was in the background I'd be smiling my face off and giving it my all!

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 06:01 PM  
mtnmom

I keep waiting for this to go r/etail. I hear so many good things about it. And I already have a bar to use. Any guesses when DDD, or even Amazon, would carry it?
Old 07-19-07, 06:49 PM  
Inchworm

I bought mine from Collage for $19.99. Amazon has it, but it's $24.99. Then, there is always ebay or half.com.

So worth it. I am exhausted now though.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 06:57 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom
I keep waiting for this to go r/etail. I hear so many good things about it....Any guesses when DDD, or even Amazon, would carry it?
My guess is DDD will have it by their November sale.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 07:07 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm
I bought mine from Collage for $19.99. Amazon has it, but it's $24.99. Then, there is always ebay or half.com.
Yes, but the Amazon listing is from Advanced Workouts (Jen). Amazon itself does not sell it. The past couple of years, towards the end of the year, the CIAs are available pretty widely r/etail, and at about half the price.
Old 07-19-07, 07:25 PM  
Tish

I love this one too! I got mine off Ebay. I really like Kimberly as well. The time flies and it's a thorough workout. I didn't think I'd care for the combat intervals but that's my favorite part.
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 09:14 PM  
christinan

caved....!!!! This looks good! I would have never looked at these over on Collage but I ordered 4 of her workouts. The sets and production quality look really good --- and the music sounds great!

Any other workouts with similar quality and great music?

...Come to Me all ye who are weary & heavy-ladened and I will give you Rest...
Matthew 11:28 / KJV ~ "The Holy Bible"

°~°*~*°~° Tina °~°*~*°~°
christinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-07, 08:21 AM  
suegy3

I have it but don't love it. I'm still not even sure how much I like it. I definitely prefer the kickbox bootcamp workout. I thought it was less redundant.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-07, 08:49 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom
The past couple of years, towards the end of the year, the CIAs are available pretty widely r/etail, and at about half the price.
And the last two years at least, when new CIA's are coming out, Greg has had a sale, with preorder prices on upcoming workouts, and older workouts for $10 each.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-08, 02:01 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I'm reviving this thread to say how much I love this workout. I'm know I'm late to the party but I finally tried it this morning - I did the kickbox premix and was instantly in love. Her cueing is great, I loved her combinations, and I also loved that she had a nice long pigeon pose in the stretch. I'm going to do the combat interval premix tomorrow morning.

I'm not much of a kickboxing person - I like it but don't find myself reaching for it often, but I will definitely be doing this one again and again.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote