Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-05, 06:23 PM  
melp

need hi/lo recos

I seem to have a disproportionate number of step workouts and am looking to add good hi/lo tapes to my collection. Can anyone recommend some good, recent workouts? I tend to like higher intensity, dancy workouts, (such as older Christi tapes) and some interval tapes (such as Mindy's Slammin Sports Cardio). I also like Patrick even though his tapes aren't as aerobically challenging (they're just so darn fun). Thanks for your input.
melp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-05, 08:11 PM  
Sharon T
VF Supporter

Like you, I have a lot more step tapes than hi-lo, and there seem to be fewer recent hi-lo workouts on the market, so I don't think I'll be much help. I like Shannon Salisbury & Alison Boyd's CIA 2103 Power Aerobics and Mat Science. It's not very dancey though. It has short combos and not a lot of tifting and that is it's attraction to me. Donna Read's recent CIA2305 is pretty good, but also not very dancey. It sounds like you're familiar with the Christie's and Patrick's. Maybe someone else can come up with others.
Sharon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-05, 08:45 PM  
KathAL79

Well, I also have Christi and Patrick. (Actually, I only do hi/lo.) I hope I can throw out at least one new name for you.
You might want to look into Rob Glick (Hi/Lo Fusion or Cardio, Core & Calm), who's similar to Christi but without such fun music; Donna Read (Hi/Lo to the Max), who's more athletic than Christi; and Marcus Irwin (Aerodynamics or Twirl), who's also very dancy and a great cuer.
Another interval style workout you might want to look at is Kathy Smith's Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning, although it's only intermediate in level (but you have three options of intensity).

Last edited by KathAL79; 01-14-05 at 04:56 PM. Reason: major typo!
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-05, 09:10 PM  
ErinF
Exchange Moderator

I second the recommendations for Rob Glick and Marcus Irwin. Both are LOTS of fun!

DISCLAIMER: I appeared as a background exerciser in a Patrick Goudeau step video. Impartiality in regard to his workouts, or any those of any other instructor with complex choreography, is NOT guaranteed!
ErinF is offline   Reply With Quote