Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-21-20, 04:43 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand View Post
This is exactly why I told my parents that we aren’t ordering takeout, because we all have compromised immune systems. I have been cooking and baking since I was a child, I have been making homemade pizza for years. It’s the things I don’t normally make that we takeout. When I cook, I do batch cooking and double or triple a recipe to have enough on hand when I can’t or don’t want to cook.
I have pizza planned for next week. Really the only thing we will miss is Chinese food, but that is fine. I have been cooking and baking since I was ten.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 04:50 PM  
Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have pizza planned for next week. Really the only thing we will miss is Chinese food, but that is fine. I have been cooking and baking since I was ten.
I’m part Chinese and we typically do weekly Chinese takeout. I do have a lot of ingredients to make my own Chinese food, but it’s so much tastier when someone else is doing it!
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 06:09 PM  
Gams

When I was getting gas yesterday, the clerk told me the station owner had taken her kids out of state on vacation and one of the other clerks had gone to Florida on spring break, so I’m not going to get gas there anymore. We just had our first case here and they said it was related to domestic travel.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 06:30 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

My packie has developed an app, when your order is ready they text you and bring it to your car.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 07:56 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I tend to be stocked up on necessities, but not in anticipation of a crisis. I laugh when people flock to supermarkets whenever the weather forecast calls for snow. At most, we have to be home for one day when it snows, so I don't understand the need to stock up for a month.

I believe that whatever we worry about doesn't happen; it's what we never expected that happens.

In terms of the coronavirus, my main concern is for my family and friends who are doctors. One works in the ER of a major hospital. One doctor friend had to quarantine because 3 doctors in her practice contracted Covid-19. My hats are off to all of the health care workers, but I worry for their health.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 10:28 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

When we got Chinese today at our favorite carryout, the lady there said that their business has suffered greatly in the past couple of weeks, since even before the governor ordered all restaurants to go carryout-only earlier this week. So we're going to help them out by ordering there often, as well as at other small local eateries. You can't get covid-19 from food according to the CDC website.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 11:19 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
There is a popular subreddit called "showerthoughts" where people post about things they think about, well, while in the shower, and I think this would fall in that category.

When it comes to all the hoarding, could it be because of the popularity of zombie films and shows? In these shows, things always start out innocently with some virus hitting and people not believing things will get that bad. Then, BAM, the virus gets out of hand, craziness ensues, and there are zombies everywhere. Luckily, we don't have the zombies, but you could compare the coronavirus situation as the beginning of any of these zombie shows. People have been watching these shows for years and they always revolve around people risking their lives because they have to go get supplies. (But curiously it is never about needing toilet paper on these shows.)
The first time DD came with me on a Costco shopping trip, she said that it was the perfect place to be in a zombie apocalypse.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 11:25 PM  
Leonana

I just learned Costco will have senior shopping hours for age 60 and older. I turned 60 last December. First time I’ve been happy about that, lol.
Old 03-22-20, 12:52 AM  
videofit

Do not fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MK0...84854761780196
Old 03-22-20, 04:43 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat58 View Post
my packie has developed an app, when your order is ready they text you and bring it to your car.
That’s awesome.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing