Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-20, 06:57 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I bit the bullet ...

when they changed from a 14 day to 30 day trial.

I have to do some figuring. If I just access it on my Ipad (I mirror to the tv via a cord) then I am ok. But I cannot seem to get in via the app. I have to check the tv, as I'm sure it is a smart tv. Maybe I could use a difference service to access it better.

I did BodyPump #100 yesterday (as someone on the fb page recommended it). I used my body bars and dumbbells. I have a wonky shoulder so I did some modifications and yes. I am definitely feeling my back and shoulders today. All good ....

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 07:01 AM  
sherry7899

Cleda, do you have an Amazon Firestick? They have a LMOD app. It is really easy to set up.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 08:35 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Workout tv

No Sherry! No Firestick.
I have google chromecast, but I don't have it hooked up to that tv.

Unfortunately, I have wayyyy too many settings to change and I want to try and keep that at a minimum. One for vhs, one for dvd, one for Ipad, one for video games. . . So I'd like to keep it simple. I have found that many streaming sites (maybe it's our internet?) Don't work well through chromecast or the smart tv. They tend to "hang" . I've been most successful with using the cord to the Ipad and mirroring it that way.

Thanks for always helping!!!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 08:38 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
No Sherry! No Firestick.
I have google chromecast, but I don't have it hooked up to that tv.

Unfortunately, I have wayyyy too many settings to change and I want to try and keep that at a minimum. One for vhs, one for dvd, one for Ipad, one for video games. . . So I'd like to keep it simple. I have found that many streaming sites (maybe it's our internet?) Don't work well through chromecast or the smart tv. They tend to "hang" . I've been most successful with using the cord to the Ipad and mirroring it that way.

Thanks for always helping!!!
Cleda
I am glad you found something that works. There is an "official Les Mills on Demand" facebook group. There are plenty of new people joining since their gyms are closed.

Old 03-21-20, 09:05 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Yes, there is a Roku app 😊
maybe it's a sign from above that I should sign up. It's free so if it's too much for my back, I can cancel.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 12:45 PM  
IceQueen07

Anyone done The Trip - how is it? That and combat are what interest me the most.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 01:25 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Anyone done The Trip - how is it? That and combat are what interest me the most.
There are sizzle previews on their YouTube channel for most of their programs so you can get a sense of what you're in for before subscribing, as well as a 4 week Body Combat intro.

The only negative for me with BC was that the suggested modifications for some of the high impact moves aren't always mentioned when the move is first introduced, so often I had to improvise on the spot til the instructor mentions it or it's shown on camera. I was also unable to do a lot of the floorwork due to a sore elbow, but still got a great cardio workout.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 01:51 PM  
sherry7899

Kate, that bugs me also. I want the modification mentioned right off.

Old 03-21-20, 02:29 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I love the trip and the virtual journeys that the workouts take you on.

The Body Combat workouts are also good. The workouts have a variety of styles- kickboxing, boxing, muay thai, capoeira and MMA. LMOD often has the full BC workouts and shortened uploads the workouts.
horusosiris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 02:36 PM  
sherry7899

I really like The Trip, but if you are light sensitive or get migraines you should avoid it. They have a lot of flashing lights.

Tags
les mills, les mills on demand