Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-16-20, 11:20 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
FitBoop have you gotten your refund? I hope so!
The case is still pending. Thanks for asking!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 07:24 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Sorry you're still going through this FitBoop. Over the past several years I only purchased couple of used dvds from eBay and only if I couldn't find them anywhere else. I generally stay away from them.

Ebay is not the only one that will remove (or not post - after their "review") negative feedback. I rarely write reviews but I did write one on Home Deport website for Samsung refrigerator I bought from them. Biggest piece of junk with nothing but a stream of problems. When I wrote my factual review outlining the problems I've had (and still have) with it, I got a canned response from Home Depot that upon review, my review didn't meet their criteria and won't be posted. I guess they're not looking for real customers experiences with the products they sell. Only those that are positive.

Hope you get a full refund. Very frustrating.
Old 02-17-20, 08:21 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I submitted a negative review to Amazon for a child’s craft kit. I don’t remember the details, but it was a piece of junk and I basically told them so. That review didn't meet criteria either and it was rejected.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 08:39 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

I had the same thing happen with Amazon. I bought roller skates that were on a wish list from the giving tree at work at Christmas. The box was all torn up and the zip tie holding the skates inside was broken. I felt bad wrapping it in it's condition but I didn't want to re-box them and have the child think she was getting used skates for Christmas!

Anyway, my review was strictly on the packaging, not the product itself, but it was rejected.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 03:08 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Usia, Joni and Annette, sorry you had your reviews rejected. It is frustrating, since you took the time to write the reviews and help warn buyers.

My experience with Ebay infuriated me, so I sent letters to the NY and California Attorney Generals, the FTC and the Better Business Bureau. Ebay wasn't happy about being called out, especially the CA Attorney General. I figured if enough people send letters about Ebay to the AG, there might be an investigation, and Ebay may have to change its feedback policy.
Old 02-28-20, 05:29 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Usia, Joni and Annette, sorry you had your reviews rejected. It is frustrating, since you took the time to write the reviews and help warn buyers.

My experience with Ebay infuriated me, so I sent letters to the NY and California Attorney Generals, the FTC and the Better Business Bureau. Ebay wasn't happy about being called out, especially the CA Attorney General. I figured if enough people send letters about Ebay to the AG, there might be an investigation, and Ebay may have to change its feedback policy.
That's a great idea. I frequently buy and sell on eBay and it is so unfair that good, honest sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers that don't pay. I had one that completely ignored any emails requesting payment. Case was closed, I got my fees back but, especially in cases like this, I should be able to leave negative.

eBay really stinks and their stock prices show that. They are a public company and shouldn't be allowed to manipulate, which they do always in bad buyers' favor.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 08:40 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Sorry you had that experience, Diane.

I have been thinking of terminating my Ebay and Paypal accounts. I rarely use them, and after this experience, I can’t imagine buying anything else from Ebay.

Tags
ebay