Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-01-16, 11:05 PM  
raeven

I decided to go ahead and order the base set and the deluxe dvd as soon as Mary had them listed. When they first announced these workouts I was like hmm, maybe too cheesy. But when somebody posted one of the workouts earlier in this thread, I kinda liked it. Plus I'll finally get to see her nutrition and food container program, which I've been curious about since she first released 21 day fix. So I'm happy about that as well. I figure if it's really not up my alley after all, I can always return it. I am not a dancer *at all* on any level..two left feet doesn't even begin to cover it, so this should be interesting! It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow so I'm pretty anxious to get it in my hands!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 06:50 AM  
Rhonda

I ordered the base set yesterday. Hope to have it soon so I can try it out. I wasn't going to buy it as the clips looks like a lot of side steps and what not then I think I do the walking workouts all the time and this would give me something different and I love Country music so this could be right up my ally.

Thanks for the review, sounds like it was a good decision to buy. Now waiting on a tracking number. Hope it doesn't take long.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 09:59 AM  
cpcathy

Oh crap. I hate country music with every fiber of my being (except for Patsy Cline, and you can't workout to a lot of her songs!). This looks fun. Perhaps as a reward if my household finances ever get back to normal.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 11:09 AM  
ardnas

Thumbs up

I just finished the 29 minute Giddy Up. This one deceptively bumps up in speed, intensity, and impact. There is a modifier that doesn't do impact and doesn't do most of the turns, but did for one step. I skipped the breakdown again, I pick up complex choreo pretty easily but this one felt more complex than the first. I recognized some of the songs but not all. Honestly, I am drenched in sweat. I did some of the impact moves but not all. It was so much fun that when the cool down came it felt abrupt because I was having so much fun and I wasn't ready to stop. The cool down was almost identical to the one in Country Swing. One thing that felt odd to me is not all steps are repeated on both sides. Some are, but some are not.
Also when drinking my morning smoothie I previewed the Deluxe DVD. Wow, it looks slightly more advanced and super fun. The first 2 songs in Wild Goose Chase sound like they may be original artist but the others are not and I noticed they reused some of the songs from the first workout in the base pkg. The line dance Saddle Up requires doing the breakdown first - there is no instruction, Autumn does NOT say watch me first & demos like she does in the other workouts, and it moves fast.
So far I am loving this set! It is fun, has good (loud) music, feels like a party. I look forward to doing the others. May do another later.
Old 08-02-16, 01:24 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Wow, sounds awesome!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 02:42 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I found the OOP Denise Austin Kickin' with Country VHS on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukEaGNdROKU

Barb S
OMG Denise is so cute! She's really grown on me over the years, and I almost would rather do this workout first before Country Heat - heck, live musicians in the background!
Old 08-02-16, 07:28 PM  
Cher

Wow, thanks Sandra! Would you advise getting the Deluxe dvd also?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 08:29 PM  
momofcha

Ok, depending how I feel in the morning I'm doing one! I did lower body Kettlebells today & then walked 10.5 miles with my kids. Not sure how I'll feel in the morning

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-16, 06:27 AM  
Rhonda

Mine are to arrive Friday. I just got the basic set with free shipping. Adding on the deluxe DVDS also added on $9 in shipping, ouch. Will wait to see what the verdict is on those.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-16, 07:14 AM  
horsemom2

I LURVE IT!!!!

The whole time I was doing Country Swing, I was wishing I had included the extra dvd, thinking its shipping would have been included.
No Harm, no Foul since shipping still would have been extra LOL

It is as easy to follow as a walking workout but with more moves and decent music. The moves are repeated just enough where I can do my own flair and not get bored. Works great on my bungees.

Time flew and I sweated and had fun.
Cannot ask for more (except a cheaper price on that extra dvd LOL)

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autumn calabrese, beachbody, country heat, dance aerobics