Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-16, 05:47 PM  
ellaenchanted

I never used Wen but Pantene would always make my hair shed a lot more when I used for more than 2-3 days. Never had any problems with other shampoos or hair products. I have used sulfate free shampoo for years now. Mostly, Giovanni but I try other brands on sale and usually have good luck. I don't use conditioner except the day after coloring/highlighting my hair.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-16, 05:58 AM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Here is the actual alert from FDA:

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/S.../ucm511890.htm
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-16, 11:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
I never used Wen but Pantene would always make my hair shed a lot more when I used for more than 2-3 days. Never had any problems with other shampoos or hair products. I have used sulfate free shampoo for years now. Mostly, Giovanni but I try other brands on sale and usually have good luck. I don't use conditioner except the day after coloring/highlighting my hair.
Could you share what Giovanni you use or other sulfate free shampoos you like? TIA
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-16, 02:50 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I have been using Wen for a few years now. I originally bought it because my mom wanted it, & I thought I'd try it, too. She doesn't use it anymore; she thinks she has lost hair because of it. I have had my very thick hair become less thick, but I'm not sure what the cause would be: menopause or maybe me just manipulating it more when applying Wen. I have had hair thinning on other parts of my body, so I'm not blaming Wen.

Even though I've been using Wen for a few years, I'm not is love with it. I was using the fig which I liked & sometimes the seasonal scents & 613. I decided to try the tea tree when I was having a hard time with psoriasis on my scalp. I don't think the tea tree is moisturizing enough for me. My psoriasis has improved greatly, but I think that's because I decided to not shower or wash my hair as often. I have been using a combination of the tea tree & 613, which is okay. My next shipment from QVC is the fig. I want to keep experimenting with some other options, though, because I don't like spending that much money on shampoo/conditioner, & even though I use way less than they say to use, it takes way too long to rinse it out of my hair.

I do like using only one product versus shampooing, then conditioning. Once upon a time when I was happy with my shampoo & conditioner, I used to use St. Ives Jojoba shampoo & conditioner, but they stopped making it. I have had some luck with Herbal Essence. I think I'm going to try that again before my next shipment & see if I'll be happy with it.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-16, 10:59 PM  
lizh

I bought Wen from recommendations on the Cathe forum. People over there were going crazy for it. I liked it but never noticed it doing anything particularly wonderful for my hair.

Funny thing, I hadn't used it in forever, but saw it in the shower the other morning and put it on my hair for a bit of conditioner.

Saw this thread and immediately threw it in the trash! Life is too short to play around with losing my hair!

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-16, 02:32 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizh View Post
I bought Wen from recommendations on the Cathe forum. People over there were going crazy for it. I liked it but never noticed it doing anything particularly wonderful for my hair.

Funny thing, I hadn't used it in forever, but saw it in the shower the other morning and put it on my hair for a bit of conditioner.

Saw this thread and immediately threw it in the trash! Life is too short to play around with losing my hair!

Liz
Don't throw it away! If nothing else I love using it for shaving. It works great for that. It's way too expensive to just throw away.
Old 07-29-16, 03:20 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Could you share what Giovanni you use or other sulfate free shampoos you like? TIA
I love the Giovanni 50:50 Balanced shampoo. The 2 Chic Coconut and Blackberry is fantastic but too moisturizing sometimes for my hair. Right now, I am using Ren Pure Coconut Water shampoo from Target. If you have Costco nearby, their Professional Salon Formula Moisture Shampoo is fabulous.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 10:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
I love the Giovanni 50:50 Balanced shampoo. The 2 Chic Coconut and Blackberry is fantastic but too moisturizing sometimes for my hair. Right now, I am using Ren Pure Coconut Water shampoo from Target. If you have Costco nearby, their Professional Salon Formula Moisture Shampoo is fabulous.
Thanks for the recs!! I remember using Giovanni in the past, it may have been from the 2 Chic line. I need to try it again and check out the others too .
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 10:17 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Why would anyone name a beauty product after a boil or sebaceous cyst?:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wen

Couldn't believe this thread was for real.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 12:11 PM  
Sultana

ha ha, I've heard WEN is just NEW backwards, that was I read somewhere why he chose that name. But now I know why WEN works when I play it on words w/ friends, etc.
Sultana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caul, chaz dean, hair loss, wen