Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-14, 06:46 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
I would forget as well if I didn't put reminder notifications in my calendar......
I do that, too, but somehow I still manage to forget.
Old 03-30-14, 02:45 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I was thinking of trying the free trial, but I hate it when they force you to provide them with your credit card information for something that is supposed to be free.

Yeah, yeah, I know you can "cancel at any time," but many people forget to do that, and their credit cards get charged before they remember to cancel -- especially if they haven't gotten much use out of the free subscription

I think it's very nice that they are offering the free trial, but I'd rather pass on it than give them my credit card info, unless I was almost 100% positive I was going to continue with the paid subscription afterward.
Susan,
I agree with you completely. I joined for a month when she offered the 50% off for valentine's and loved the workouts, but at the time you had to cancel 30 days in advance so I signed up and the next day I cancelled my subscription and removed my credit card. I had access to my streaming workouts until the end of the month I had paid for.
This time you can cancel any time in the 30 days.

The credit card information is so you don't have to do anything to continue your membership. It does feel a bit like a trap.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-14, 08:55 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Coastal Girl - Thank you SO much for posting this deal!

I just started a rotation using Yin and Ballet Beautiful so this is perfect! I must say I don't love the suggested "custom" rotation they offer but it is great to have access to all these segments and mix-and-match. Yesterday I did an awesome 60-minute workout focusing on the lower body:
*Sugarplum Pique
*Backstage Outer Thigh
*Ballet Baby Classic Bridge
*Leg Lifts for the Butt
*Split

It worked every single muscle in my lower body to exhaustion and I thought I would have serious DOMS this morning but no - there is something incredibly challenging yet gentle to these workouts!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-14, 09:49 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post

I don't love the suggested "custom" rotation they offer but it is great to have access to all these segments and mix-and-match.
I agree!

Quote:
Yesterday I did an awesome 60-minute workout focusing on the lower body:
*Sugarplum Pique
*Backstage Outer Thigh
*Leg Lifts for the Butt
*Split

It worked every single muscle in my lower body to exhaustion and I thought I would have serious DOMS this morning but no - there is something incredibly challenging yet gentle to these workouts!
That sounds like a great combination, Fuzzie!
Backstage Outer Thigh is my favorite of her outer thigh workouts. Ballet Baby Bridge is my favorite bridge because it's not so long and it includes extended bridge and wide bridge. I prefer the other Sugarplum cardio workout. Have you tried it?

And I agree, Coastal Girl, thank you for posting the deal!

ETA: I wish Mary Helen would offer these as downloads or put more material on DVD.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-14, 10:05 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Backstage Outer Thigh is my favorite of her outer thigh workouts. Ballet Baby Bridge is my favorite bridge because it's not so long and it includes extended bridge and wide bridge. I prefer the other Sugarplum cardio workout. Have you tried it?
I think we are BB twins You stated exactly the reasons why I prefer Backstage Outer Thigh and Ballet Baby Bridge. I too prefer the other Sugarplum. Yesterday was the first time I tried Pique and I very much liked it but the original remains my fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
ETA: I wish Mary Helen would offer these as downloads or put more material on DVD.
YES!! I would buy several of these workouts if they were offered as downloads or DVDs.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-14, 10:14 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Finally got it to work. Really looking forward to a whole free month as I love Ballet Beautiful. Hope she offers downloads for sale, too, as I will not be going past free month. Will continue to buy any DVDs she puts out.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-14, 10:23 AM  
LeanneM

I was just looking at her Facebook page, and it sounds like she's coming out with some pre-natal/pregnancy DVDs some time this year . . . .
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-14, 10:46 AM  
jackie7

Can I use chrome cast to stream this to my TV?
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-14, 11:16 AM  
cowfishpro

Quote:
Coastal Girl - Thank you SO much for posting this deal!

I just started a rotation using Yin and Ballet Beautiful so this is perfect! I must say I don't love the suggested "custom" rotation they offer but it is great to have access to all these segments and mix-and-match. Yesterday I did an awesome 60-minute workout focusing on the lower body:
*Sugarplum Pique
*Backstage Outer Thigh
*Leg Lifts for the Butt
*Split

Just tickled to read how you are enjoying these Fuzzie. Let me know if you notice a difference in how your back feels after doing these for a couple weeks. My back always feels wonderful after doing lots of BB.
Old 03-31-14, 03:28 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Ok. I did day one and I felt so silly. I kept thinking, I'm not a dancer. What am I doing?? However, I liked the workouts and felt like I was getting a good burn. Has anyone done these (without a dancers background) and saw good results. Because, I also wonder if I'm doing the moves right......

I do look forward to trying more of the workouts.

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet beautiful, mhb