Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-14, 06:52 AM  
cyana

Happy Kundaliniversary, Fuzzie. Your post brought a huge smile to my face and made me realize how much I've been missing Kundalini.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 07:24 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Marya – YOU inspire me with your wonderful sense of adventure and wonder! And I blame your enthusiasm for Gurmukh for my latest purchase…

Trish – Those Ravi-isms have a way of growing on you, don’t they?

akaAnnie – I agree with Trish that you don’t have to follow Ana in terms of speed and range of movement. I certainly don’t! If you don’t mind streaming workouts, I highly recommend Kia Miller on Yogaglo: http://www.yogaglo.com/video-Style-35-Kundalini.html She has several shorter complete practices (20-30 minutes), including several that move at a slower pace. She is wonderfully supportive and always reminds us to go at our own pace. YogaGlo has a 15-day free trial offer and it’s super easy to cancel.

Yahoo205 – Thank you!

Edie – Wow, I can’t imagine all the blessings you have received by practicing KY for 15 years! Did you see Kia’s latest offering on YogaGlo? That warrior practice looks like quite the challenge…

Cyana – Thank you I love the quote in your signature.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 08:26 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Love Kia Miller but signed up and then cancelled YogaGlo immediately. I expected to just be able to click on a class and play it. Instead I was told I had to pick a day and time and schedule my classes, etc. Tried to go with the other method but it wouldn't activate. What a stupid way to run a site.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 08:53 AM  
sunday

Regarding KY, the only workouts I really like are Ravi and Ana, and I've tried tons of other instructors. The one I like next would be Mantra Girl, but her workouts are really pretty advanced!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 08:59 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
Love Kia Miller but signed up and then cancelled YogaGlo immediately. I expected to just be able to click on a class and play it. Instead I was told I had to pick a day and time and schedule my classes, etc. Tried to go with the other method but it wouldn't activate. What a stupid way to run a site.
Sharon, that's really strange! I have been using YG for several months and I never scheduled classes ahead of time. I just click and play
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 03:13 PM  
vanessakm

That's inspiring, Fuzzie. I do KY workouts from time to time but not consistently. I'd like to set up a regular practice, but working it in and still getting enough weights/cardio is the trick. I like Maya Fiennes a lot and RaviAna. I have a Gurmukh DVD which I've never done, but I mean to try at some point. I've heard she's tough.
vanessakm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 05:32 PM  
akaAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Marya – YOU inspire me with your wonderful sense of adventure and wonder! And I blame your enthusiasm for Gurmukh for my latest purchase…

Trish – Those Ravi-isms have a way of growing on you, don’t they?

akaAnnie – I agree with Trish that you don’t have to follow Ana in terms of speed and range of movement. I certainly don’t! If you don’t mind streaming workouts, I highly recommend Kia Miller on Yogaglo: http://www.yogaglo.com/video-Style-35-Kundalini.html She has several shorter complete practices (20-30 minutes), including several that move at a slower pace. She is wonderfully supportive and always reminds us to go at our own pace. YogaGlo has a 15-day free trial offer and it’s super easy to cancel.

Yahoo205 – Thank you!

Edie – Wow, I can’t imagine all the blessings you have received by practicing KY for 15 years! Did you see Kia’s latest offering on YogaGlo? That warrior practice looks like quite the challenge…

Cyana – Thank you I love the quote in your signature.
I can't stream videos, I would love to try her videos but they're kind of expensive without knowing if I'll like her. I never thought I could do yoga, I'm not very flexible, but being reminded that I can modify and just do as much as I can really helps and now all I want to do is yoga. I know-or am beginning to-that I can modify on my own but sometimes I need to be reminded.
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 05:50 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
I think you may have inadvertently clicked in the area where you can queue a class for a date and choose AM or PM. Did a little calendar icon appear? All YogaGlo classes are "click and play." You only get the prompt to queue them up if you hover in the upper left hand corner of the class image. Otherwise you just access them via clicking the arrow or through the hypertexted title.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 07:01 PM  
iheartsts

Congrats on your Kundaliniversary, Fuzzie!

I seem to do KY in spurts, and since it makes me feel so darn good, I don't know why I don't try to fit it in daily.

Several years ago my DH was taken out of here by ambulance to hosp with serious illness. I was a total stress-ball...scared, nervous, shaky, anxious, etc...So one morning before I went to the hospital to visit him, I popped in Yoga Bliss Hips ( I think that's the one) and did the So Darshan Chakra Kriya for 7 minutes. That literally saved my life that day. I left the house in a state of calm and peace that lasted all day. It was really miraculous.

Ever since then I've tried to add more KY into my life, and it never fails to make me feel awesome. I've also branched out to Gurmukh (got all of hers and also downloaded some music from Snatam Kaur), but I still love RaviAna the most. Still need a couple more of theirs and I'll have 'em all. You've inspired me to do Happy Hormones this evening!

Anyone know the status of the book they're working on? I'm getting it the minute it's available, if it ever is.
Old 03-07-14, 07:35 PM  
darbyndoug

awesome! Wahe guru!
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kundalini yoga, raviana