Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-27-08, 08:30 PM  
Sharon T
VF Supporter

I don't have Cardio Camp, so I won't make a recommendation, but I'm glad to find someone else, Beth, who likes Cardio Sweatfest. It is repetitive, but I get a good workout in a compact space with little impact, so it holds a unique place in my collection.
Sharon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 04:46 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster
Jennifer, are the jumping jacks in the hi-lo segment? I did the kickbox part last night, and there were no jumping jacks. I'm surprised to hear you say that you didn't get much of a cardio effect--I was in my target HR zone for a full hour!
I assumed the jumping jacks were in the kickbox segment, but I will check to see. The kickboxing segment doesn't really do it for me cardio wise, I don't know why, especially since it's so long. I guess I'm used to doing intense hi/lo workouts--I have gotten very good at "boosting" nearly every move in a hi/lo workout, plus some have intervals.

I like Tracey's first kb workout better also, but I had to ignore Tracey (who was visably very tired in this workout & had limited range of motion) & "boost" the moves in that one to get a good workout (like when she does the up-down punches with squats, just substitute jumps for the squats.)

I do want to add one thing, though, Cardio Camp is a mix of kickboxing & hi/lo--if you don't like hi/lo, you may not like it. I borrowed & tried just the regular kickboxing section in Absolute Kickboxing, & it was fun, for me, intermediate intensity. I'm not good working with a stick, so I didn't try that part.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!

Last edited by Jennifer P.; 02-28-08 at 04:53 AM. Reason: adding on something
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 07:58 AM  
Inchworm

Cardio Camp is one of my favorites, when I'm not sick . I love Kim's demeanor and it's such a great workout!

I don't care for Tracey's near as much. I traded it, but I'll never part w/ Cardio Camp.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote