Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-16-08, 10:41 AM  
clemency

Quote:
I'm trying to remind myself of this as I read your comments .... Wonder if it will show up at Netflix? ..... My mantra these days....
Absolute Kickboxing already is at Netflix--I just checked!

--Jennine
clemency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-08, 07:32 PM  
belle411

Talking

I finally did this w/o for the very first time this morning. I did the body bar premix, which is about an hour long and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did have to pause a few times b/c of the kids, but I think I will be feeling some pain tomorrow. It was the first time I've used a body bar (9 lbs) and OMG my hat is OFF to anyone who can handle more poundage than that. Thank goodness I didn't get anything heavier. It was a lot of fun and I'm sure w/ more practice my form will get better.

Now I'm excited to try my body bar w/ my other Kimberly Spreen w/os.
Old 02-16-08, 08:45 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I did the combat interval premix this morning too but I didn't enjoy it as much. My lightest BodyBar is 12 lbs. so I used the 8 lb. Firm Sculpting Stick which, unfortunately, has always felt unevenly weighted to me. I didn't feel very coordinated somehow doing this workout (not that that's unusual....) so I guess I'll probably do the kickboxing premix most of the time. Maybe I should get a 9 lb. BodyBar too.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-08, 09:53 PM  
Diana3271

Would this be a good workout without a body bar? I don't have one. I wouldn't want to purchase one for a single workout. Based on the fact I don't have a body bar would Cardio Camp be a better workout for me?
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-08, 10:06 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271
Would this be a good workout without a body bar? I don't have one. I wouldn't want to purchase one for a single workout. Based on the fact I don't have a body bar would Cardio Camp be a better workout for me?
Diana - the full workout is about 90 minutes and less than 30 minutes of it uses the Body Bar. There is a 68-minute premix with just the kickboxing that doesn't use the Body Bar at all. I think that premix workout is a lot more fun than Cardio Camp although CC is not a bad workout, by any means. I'm probably only going to use the kickboxing premix in the future because I thought the Body Bar part was a bit awkward.

Short answer to your first question: yes.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-08, 10:17 PM  
Diana3271

Thanks for your reply, Karen. I will eventually determine which one I want, LOL.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-08, 09:03 AM  
Sharon T
VF Supporter

I got this one in the CIA pre-order, and I like it as well. The first time I used the dvd I did only the kickbox premix, and the second time used the combat intervals premix. I used the sculpting stick because I also thought the 12 pound body bar would be too heavy. I thought this might justify the scupting stick's place in the corner, but it was clumsy and one of the "twigs" flew off at an inopportune time. I still thought the combat intervals were fun despite the equipment failure. I didn't like one of Kimberly's earlier CIA's, but I like this, and I like her segment in the Star Trainers cardio dvd, which consists of athletic intervals with lower body recovery moves.
Sharon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-08, 09:08 AM  
cmarsh4

I have this coming from netflix and I am going to try it with just my broom handle. I know you wouldnt get the strength benefits but it would still work your ab's and you would still have the cardio benefit. What do you guys think?

chris
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-08, 09:22 AM  
Sharon T
VF Supporter

Sure, give it a try with a broom handle. I thought I'd look for something like that the next time.
Sharon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-08, 09:44 AM  
roshnigautam

I just did this one today...the one in which the intervals are interspersed witht the combos and enjoyed it a lot...I think it is a lot more balanced in terms of upper and lower body work than Cathe's KPC which I feel is more upper body focused..
I dont have a body bar either ...but I used a cricket bat...which is like a baseball bat....not the same I think...but still fun!!!
roshnigautam is offline   Reply With Quote