Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-20, 02:06 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I don't have masks, but I am wearing my neck gaiter when I go out. It's thick and double layered. I just toss it in the washing machine when I get home.

My sons are all wearing masks and practicing social distancing - they are in their 20s.

Erica
Erica, I have a mask but it is a bit awkward to put on. It’s not an issue when I go to a store ( a rare occurrence anyway) because I put it on in the car and leave it on until I return. However I keep it around my neck when I walk in the park in case it becomes obvious someone walking in opposite direction is not going to observe the distance recommendations. Yesterday it was cold here so I wore my neck warmer instead of my mask to make it easier to cover my face if needed. Turns out I didn’t see one person on my walk.
My son (27) is also being very careful. His wife is kind of freaked out about this but I think he would be careful anyway.
I hope things are getting a bit easier for you and your son’s health continues to improve. Shame about your daughter’s orientation. I am hoping she can start her semester as originally scheduled. Same for my daughter for her jr. year. She is already itching to get back! Poor thing misses her friends and boyfriend and I’m sure is getting sick of us although she has been very mature about everything.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 10:11 AM  
Leonana

Here’s an article on the latest research regarding drugs to treat the virus.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-for-covid-19/
Old 04-16-20, 11:08 AM  
Daffie

Kansas City, MO stay at home extended another month, May 15. Kansas governor extended state to May 3.
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 11:31 AM  
LAC

NYS Governor has announced that our stay at home order (NY on Pause) is extended to May 15.

Also, by executive order:

Effective at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 17, 2020 any individual who is over age two and able to medically tolerate a face-covering shall be required to cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in a public place and unable to maintain, or when not maintaining, social distance.

For all essential businesses or entities, any employees who are present in the workplace shall be provided and shall wear face coverings when in direct contact with customers or members of the public. Businesses must provide, at their expense, such face coverings for their employees. This provision may be enforced by local governments or local law enforcement as if it were an order pursuant to section 12 or 12-b of the Public Health Law. This requirement shall be effective Wednesday, April 15 at 8 p.m.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 11:38 AM  
Leonana

I’m in Arizona, and our stay at home order ends April 30. From what I’m reading, the governor plans to start opening certain businesses, I’m guessing after April 30.

I just read that the Pennsylvania State Senate voted to override the governor's stay-at-home order. I wonder how that’s going to play out.
Old 04-16-20, 12:38 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Michigan is also until April 30th, but I'm suspecting it's going to be longer than that. I can't foresee that two weeks from now that our thousand-plus daily count will be low enough to begin opening up our state. We're under pretty tight restrictions (which had a lot of people protesting against yesterday at the state capitol) but a lot of people just refuse to adhere. It's very frustrating.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 02:52 PM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I’m in Arizona, and our stay at home order ends April 30. From what I’m reading, the governor plans to start opening certain businesses, I’m guessing after April 30.

I just read that the Pennsylvania State Senate voted to override the governor's stay-at-home order. I wonder how that’s going to play out.
As a Pennsylvania resident, this is incredibly disappointing and disheartening to hear.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 03:18 PM  
Daffie

Governor of Missouri agrees with Kansas of reopening May 3. KC mayor says 15. I don't live in KC but in same county.
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 03:26 PM  
donnamp

Opening too early is a disaster waiting to happen - it will be more demoralizing to have to go back into lock down - not to mention the potential loss of more lives..

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 03:53 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
As a Pennsylvania resident, this is incredibly disappointing and disheartening to hear.
Pretty shocking, given the number of cases in PA. I guess the mayors of Philly and Pittsburgh can impose their own orders. It will interesting to see if this lands in the courts.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing