Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-20, 09:16 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The owner of our favorite record store The Princeton Record Exchange was just on CNBC. Their 40th anniversary was this weekend. He said he had to lay off most of his staff and if he does not get help they will have to close. We are heartbroken. So many small businesses will not survive.

That store is the first place my dh drove when he got his license. We brought our son there since he was a baby, and our son shops there now. We are friends with people who work there. It is a very special place in our area. I really hope they are able to survive.
Oh no! The PRC is a local treasure. As you know from the decluttering thread I sold a bunch of records there recently. That is a shame.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 07:19 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I have to admit (and feel like a terrible mother) this is something I'm concerned about. They are not isolating the way I would like them to and are coming from different states.

Erica
You're not terrible. One of my sons lives in an apartment that doesn't provide recycling service so once a week he comes over to dump his 'trash' into our bin. I told him he can still do that but don't come in the house! I had been to the ER with his brother a few days ago and didn't want to possibly expose him to anything. My youngest experienced a partially collapsed lung - what timing!!
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 08:23 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
You're not terrible. One of my sons lives in an apartment that doesn't provide recycling service so once a week he comes over to dump his 'trash' into our bin. I told him he can still do that but don't come in the house! I had been to the ER with his brother a few days ago and didn't want to possibly expose him to anything. My youngest experienced a partially collapsed lung - what timing!!
Thank you. I'm sorry about your son's lung! Hope he's doing ok.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 02:43 PM  
anetta

Speaking of the Roosevelt’s-my PBS station is showing the Ken Burns series.

I am recording and rewatching.

Love Ken Burns really liked Country Music-he has a gift for this.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 05:28 PM  
wendug

I needed to get heartworm medicine for my dogs and called my vets office. They are not letting anyone inside. You go to the parking lot and call them and they will come get your pet, or bring you what supplies you are purchasing. I'm happy that they are being so careful about not spreading the virus as not all businesses are.
Old 03-27-20, 06:10 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I needed to get heartworm medicine for my dogs and called my vets office. They are not letting anyone inside. You go to the parking lot and call them and they will come get your pet, or bring you what supplies you are purchasing. I'm happy that they are being so careful about not spreading the virus as not all businesses are.
This is the process our vet is using too. Our cat has been under the weather the last few days and we called for help yesterday. They told us to bring him in to town and that when we arrived in their parking lot, someone would come outside. The vet tech talked to us through the car window while keeping a safe distance away, then she went to the opposite side of the car and I pushed the carrier over toward her and she took the cat inside, where the vet examined him, did bloodwork, and then called me on my cell phone. After I finished talking to the vet, the tech brought the cat back out to the car and then I called their front desk and the receptionist took my credit card info.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 07:33 PM  
Erica H.

I'm pretty sure one of my young adult sons has covid19. He lives alone three hours away and has been sick for two weeks. He also has asthma, is on the spectrum, and doesn't drive. I'm really scared. I sent him a thermometer today and am sending him a pulse oximeter tomorrow. I told him to let us know if he needs anything or gets worse, but he hates talking about his health and is worried about putting us at risk. He already got mad at us for going to the store two days in a row after being in for 12 days (I needed eggs and couldn't find any).

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 07:44 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
That's what our vet does too. My Basil will be 18 years old on 4/3. He's doing well but I wanted to take him to his vet for a geriatric wellness check. I don't think I will do that now.
Old 03-27-20, 08:00 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I'm pretty sure one of my young adult sons has covid19. He lives alone three hours away and has been sick for two weeks. He also has asthma, is on the spectrum, and doesn't drive. I'm really scared. I sent him a thermometer today and am sending him a pulse oximeter tomorrow. I told him to let us know if he needs anything or gets worse, but he hates talking about his health and is worried about putting us at risk. He already got mad at us for going to the store two days in a row after being in for 12 days (I needed eggs and couldn't find any).

Erica

Erica, I am so sorry. I cannot imagine the worry.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 08:04 PM  
donnamp

My vet is doing the same thing - I had to pick up my dog's medicine last week - and they brought it out to the car. I got a 90 day supply, at the time, I thought it would be enough - but now, I'm not so sure...

Erica - Oh my - sending prayers for you and your son. I'd be worried, too.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing