Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-20, 04:21 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Does anyone have recommendations for a hair dryer?
Well, I thought I had a dryer bookmarked for future reference in case mine died, but I can't find the link .

My own preference is for something fairly quiet, but Brookstone doesn't seem to sell the one I have any more.

FWIW, mine was recommended to me by my hair dresser who praised it for being quiet and tough. Is there someone IRL whose opinion you could ask in a similar way?
Old 01-01-20, 04:33 PM  
Gams

I am so in love with Beekmans goat milk products. My eyelids no longer itch and I use both their scented and unscented soaps and creams. I love the smell of the ylang ylang. Sent some to my mom and she loves it, too.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 05:37 AM  
suzannaerin

Any recommendations for a color-safe sulfate-free/paraben free/fragrance free shampoo and conditioner? I use Olaplex shampoo/conditioner but want something to rotate with it.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 06:42 AM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Does anyone have recommendations for a hair dryer? My hair has been sooo dry lately and I couldn't figure out what was going on with it. Do I get ceramic or an ionic dryer? I got so frustrated looking I just gave up. Your help is much appreciated!
My hairdresser uses and recommends ghd tools. They are quite expensive and I figured that it was his expertise that made my normally frizzy hair (I live in a VERY humid climate) smooth and shiny. A spa had the tools out for clients to use and I realized that they are magic. It's not especially quiet, but the one I have dries my hair quickly and it stays smooth and shiny for days. I paid less than €100 for mine but the price shown is higher than that now. If ghd products are available near you, try them out. I flinched a bit at the price, but I had my last hair dryer for 9 years and if this lasts even 5 years, that is less than €20/year, a worthwhile investment.

My ghd flat iron is also outstanding and I no longer need to restyle daily which is better for my hair and saves me time.

*The link is in Dutch, but the information you need is likely in the lower right hand corner.

ETA: The ghd site shows it at GBP79, but does not seem to ship to the US or Canada.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 06:53 AM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Any recommendations for a color-safe sulfate-free/paraben free/fragrance free shampoo and conditioner? I use Olaplex shampoo/conditioner but want something to rotate with it.
Have you tried John Masters Organics? I really liked the bare hair products, but they are no longer available. I have recently switched to using the hair milk from their product line in place of conditioner and my hair looks and feels better. The lavender and avocado conditioner is wonderful, but sometimes weighs my hair down.

If Lavera products are in your market, you might try them. I rotate them with the John Masters products.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 10:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I hadn't been to Hot&Flashy's YouTube site in a while and visited yesterday. I had trouble enjoying her latest video as she talks all the procedures she's had over the years.

I have no gripe with medical beauty procedures in themselves, but not everyone is willing or able to do that.

Any plain old skin care/cosmetic advice channels for, ahem, older (50+) women that anyone might recommended?
I did see that video of Angie's and didn't enjoy it either. I watch her regularly and most of her videos don't mention her procedures though. She is very thorough in her reviews and research but she does use a ton of products. I often can't relate to all the steps and products she uses but I do enjoy her videos anyway. Most of the other channels I watch are with much younger youtubers. I would like to know of more "mature" channels too. I'll check out Sharon Danley twominute tips. Thanks, Demeris. ETA - oh fabulous 50s too. Thanks.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 01:43 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the suggestions!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 09:27 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
My hairdresser uses and recommends ghd tools. They are quite expensive and I figured that it was his expertise that made my normally frizzy hair (I live in a VERY humid climate) smooth and shiny. A spa had the tools out for clients to use and I realized that they are magic. It's not especially quiet, but the one I have dries my hair quickly and it stays smooth and shiny for days. I paid less than €100 for mine but the price shown is higher than that now. If ghd products are available near you, try them out. I flinched a bit at the price, but I had my last hair dryer for 9 years and if this lasts even 5 years, that is less than €20/year, a worthwhile investment.

My ghd flat iron is also outstanding and I no longer need to restyle daily which is better for my hair and saves me time.

*The link is in Dutch, but the information you need is likely in the lower right hand corner.

ETA: The ghd site shows it at GBP79, but does not seem to ship to the US or Canada.
Thanks for the recommendation! I have never heard of GHD products and when I looked up the brand- expensive! Ulta has a hairdryer of theirs for $200! Although I'm sure it is an awesome dryer...I'm not in the market to spend that much money. I think $75 would be my upper limit.
Old 01-04-20, 10:14 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I hadn't been to Hot&Flashy's YouTube site in a while and visited yesterday. I had trouble enjoying her latest video as she talks all the procedures she's had over the years.

I have no gripe with medical beauty procedures in themselves, but not everyone is willing or able to do that.

Any plain old skin care/cosmetic advice channels for, ahem, older (50+) women that anyone might recommended?
I somehow discovered a Hot and Flashy video for the first time just last night and proceeded to visit her channel. I ended up making a list of products to buy at Target today based on her year-end review of her favorites.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 10:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I somehow discovered a Hot and Flashy video for the first time just last night and proceeded to visit her channel. I ended up making a list of products to buy at Target today based on her year-end review of her favorites.
I got sucked into buying a few recommendtions from her a few times. She usually recommends higher end stuff so I've learned to resist .
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2020, beauty vlogs