Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-13, 08:11 PM  
lexybeth1

Kneehab.?

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted For anyone that remembers me lol I'm back after having my very much desired and anticipated baby girl after two miscarriages! She is healthy and happy in every way thank god!! But anyway I have been working out again so desperately trying to get these 30 pounds I have put on during my body's ups and downs of three pregnancies in 4 months time it's hard really hard at 41 I have never been so out of shape still 2 months post preg, but I am working on it! Unfortunately I have done something to my knee it's a little tweaky my left knee and I'm just not sure why.. I am currently doing p90x into my 4th wk throwing in some tfire and addiction yay! I am considering trying and purchasing Jill millers quick fix kneehab . Does anyone have any info on its effectiveness? I know it is somewhat older but I need to try something and I have never used any rehab type DVDs, please any info greatly respected and appreciated! Thank you! Misty
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 08:57 PM  
zippity

I don't have any good advice on the kneehab, just wanted to say congratulations and welcome back.
Old 02-18-13, 09:13 PM  
CatInTheHat

Hi, I don't have knee advice either but also just wanted to say congratulations. Don't stress about the weight - I am 8 months after my first baby, about to turn 40 and it was a struggle. I'm at the last 8 lbs, but I gained 55 in total!!! Your body releases the weight when it is ready to and that's no joke. Also if you are breastfeeding/pumping, your body will sort of stage your weight loss because if you lose too much the milk stops. Sorry. Not to get all up in your business. Just passing on what I learned.

It's rough. I lost 45 of the 55 total lbs in about 5 months with moderate working out and so-so eating. Then I was stuck with the last 10, and that's been the hard part. Don't kill yourself, especially if you have a knee issue.
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 09:44 PM  
Pam

Congras on your beautiful daughter! Every stage is a lot of fun. My DDs are now adults and fun to still be a part of their lives.

I highly recommend KneeHab. I got the Strong Knees DVD first and didn't find it helped me much. Than got KneeHab and gained a lot of flexibility and strength. I worked with it for about 3 months, almost daily about 1.5 years ago. There are 3 or 4 levels (I don't remember which) so you can increase the workout as you are ready.

After using this for 3 months I was able to start doing lunges and squats with weights. I am now about finished with Cathe's STS for the 2nd time, using heavy weights for me (no high impact).

I had the ACL replaced in one knee about 10 years ago, and had a lot of PT, but it has frequently brothered me when pushing it hiking, skiing, etc since; all of which I really want to continue doing. No longer does it cause any pain when doing these activities and I credit Jill and Cathe for that.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 10:20 PM  
lexybeth1

Thank you all! Aww I am breast feeding and I know with my last 5 I bred also and held onto weight till I stopped it just seemed I lost more initially than I have now which I am 41 and from the looks of my still rounded abdomen I highly believe I have diastasis recti also... Where is best place to buy this DVD? I am looking and have found amazon to be cheapest at a little over 14... Idk I can do lunges and still workout but I am noticing my knee feels like it needs to pop and is like it feels stuck? So I can push on inside of knee and it pops weird I knows I am trying to not pop it it just feels achy inside and I find when I deep squat I cannot bear as much weight on it and find my right leg taking some from it to get up. If that makes sense..I have also wondered if this pain originates from hip issues from birthing idkkk...thank you all for your congrats and well wishes she is my 6th and my lastttt lol
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 10:29 PM  
Pam

It might be a good thing to have a Dr or someone else qualified to look at your knee. If the problem does start with your hips, the exercises may need to be different ones to correct your problems. I think when I ordered Jill's DVD the cheapest price was from her website.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 10:53 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Best wishes for you and your new DD.

I second the recommendation of a doctor visit.

Kneehab didn't do a thing for me. I love Strong Knees, especially the chapter "7 minutes to save your knees." Another DVD that helps me a lot, although I don't wear stilettos, is Stiletto Recovery, the "fierce feet" chapter.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-13, 12:17 AM  
nevertoolate

+1 for Strong Knees. I had meniscus surgery a few years ago and that dvd helped a lot both pre- and post-operatively.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-13, 09:26 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Best wishes for you and your new DD.

I second the recommendation of a doctor visit.

Kneehab didn't do a thing for me. I love Strong Knees, especially the chapter "7 minutes to save your knees." Another DVD that helps me a lot, although I don't wear stilettos, is Stiletto Recovery, the "fierce feet" chapter.
+2 for Strong Knees and Cynthia, I love your avatar - still looking ever so young!...

Also, not mentioned is Debbie Sieber's Total Body Solution which has a knee, lower back, shoulder, and neck segment.....TOTALLY recommend it, as it has helped keep everything in check for me to keep up with my Cathe's.

Congrats on your new little one and best wishes to find some knee relief!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-13, 11:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Sadly, Kneehab made my sore knees feel worse.

I also highly recommend Strong Knees!

You may have to rethink your rotation for a few months. It sounds like you jumped right in there with a heavy-duty rotation and your joints weren't ready yet. Perhaps consider a more moderate (err, no high impact) plan for a bit until the knees are feeling stronger.

Make sure your knee joints are thoroughly warmed up before exercising by doing gentle cardio for at least five minutes. After the workout, ice the knees for ten minutes to help reduce inflammation.

Here is a link to some helpful info:

http://thecorematrix.wordpress.com/2...bout-the-knee/

Don't ignore knee pain, those have to last you the rest of your life!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
knee, knee joint, knee pain, kneehab, stiletto recovery, strong knees, strong knees dvd