Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-11-11, 02:49 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

KneeHab - how often?

Hi,

For those of you who do Jill Miller's KneeHab DVD - how often do you do the practices on it? I have not done the DVD yet, but I have it, and craptacular knees run in my family. My knees are really the only thing that oddly hurts me sometimes if I am not careful. I'd like to add some preventative treatments in before they start turning super-craptacular. I LOVE high impact.

So, how often do you do each of the segments - and is that massage section with the balls really preventative or does it just feel good while you are doing it? I think it's the only DVD I'll ever own that uses those balls and I only want to get them if it is something actually improving my knees.

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-14-11, 09:38 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

figured I'd bump this just once to see if anyone who didn't see it has a response. TIA!
Old 11-14-11, 10:10 AM  
cathgpo
VF Supporter

I don't have Kneehab, but I just wanted to let you know that the balls are the same as the rubber, bouncy Pinky balls. You can pick them up really cheap. They probably won't feel good when you use them either. The idea is to roll out tight spots.

I have a shoulder issue and when it hurts and I'm motivated, I do the shoulder section of Jill's Quick Fix workout 2 or 3 times a week. I could probably do it more, but I don't. . I don't know how that translates to Kneehab though.

cathgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 10:12 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathgpo View Post
I don't have Kneehab, but I just wanted to let you know that the balls are the same as the rubber, bouncy Pinky balls. You can pick them up really cheap. They probably won't feel good when you use them either. The idea is to roll out tight spots.

I have a shoulder issue and when it hurts and I'm motivated, I do the shoulder section of Jill's Quick Fix workout 2 or 3 times a week. I could probably do it more, but I don't. . I don't know how that translates to Kneehab though.
Thanks! Good to know . . it probably translates to kneehab some!
Old 11-14-11, 11:14 AM  
sherry7899

The store Five Below currently has the pinky balls for $1.00 each. I just picked up a set for a VF friend

Sherry
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 12:54 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Hi,

For those of you who do Jill Miller's KneeHab DVD - how often do you do the practices on it? I have not done the DVD yet, but I have it, and craptacular knees run in my family. My knees are really the only thing that oddly hurts me sometimes if I am not careful. I'd like to add some preventative treatments in before they start turning super-craptacular. I LOVE high impact.

So, how often do you do each of the segments - and is that massage section with the balls really preventative or does it just feel good while you are doing it? I think it's the only DVD I'll ever own that uses those balls and I only want to get them if it is something actually improving my knees.

Thanks everyone!
I asked this same question in the old KneeHab thread, but did not receive responses. PreHab can be used daily or every other day, pre or post workout (or on its own) per Jill. Personally, I don't find it a feel good workout because I have a lot of tight spots in the lower body. But w/ consistent use, it is less uncomfortable w/ the rolling/self massage exercises. I prefer to use it post-workout because my body is already warm. KneeHab 1 is a feel good workout to me, mostly stretches (static & dynamic), doesn't feel like work (unlike KneeHab 2 & KneeHow), and I don't see any reason that it could not be used daily (I like to pair it w/ PreHab).

KneeHab 2 & KneeHow are good to use every other day, as there's more muscular endurance exercises & complexity in the exercises (stretches, too). I wrote a review that contains the exercise breakdowns for each segment, if you're interested in seeing the sequencing of exercises (time, reps): http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=3971

I don't have history of knee issues (clicking), but did have some mild knee pain from all fours floor-work (a thick mat remedied that issue). But I do like the self-massage/rolling, it does make you aware of what's tight & needs to be worked on, and the other segments provide solid stretches & muscular endurance exercises for the entire lower body (not just knee but hip & ankle), so anyone can really use these (not just people w/ knee issues).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 12:59 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Thank you so much cardiomamma! This is so helpful!! Thank you! Thank you!
Old 11-14-11, 01:58 PM  
Pam

I have had the ACL replaced in one knee and eager to keep both knees in good shape. So I have tried this DVD and some of her other programs.

I did Prehab and her ankle one (issues there too) almost everyday this summer. My legs were tight to start with and the ball exercises were painful at 1st. When I first started I was only doing the rolling twice a week and wasn't seeing much improvement, but started doing it almost everyday, and there were lots of improvements. I went through the strengthening segments, only the last one was good, didn't find benefits in the others. My knee operation was about 10 years ago, and maybe the easier segments would good for someone still recovering.

Writing this makes me wonder how the ball rolling would feel now. Have my legs tighten up? I plan to find out tomorrow.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 06:32 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
craptacular knees run in my family.

When I read this I was going to ask you what kind of condition this was! LOL til I read it the second time in your post and it finally stood out! LOL

I used the pre-hab 2x's before I traded it to you and it made a difference in how my knee felt. & It does not feel good to roll around on those balls. But it seemed to help.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 06:56 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
When I read this I was going to ask you what kind of condition this was! LOL til I read it the second time in your post and it finally stood out! LOL

I used the pre-hab 2x's before I traded it to you and it made a difference in how my knee felt. & It does not feel good to roll around on those balls. But it seemed to help.
Thank you for trading with me! Of course, I have yet to actually incorporate this into my routine. I forget about KneeHab until my knees start to get a little sore, then it becomes a priority again. I know it can't be that way to be effective though. I really want to start using this DVD on a regular basis. Again, thank you so much for trading it with me - I definitely need it. Now I just need to start using it .

Tags
kneehab