Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-11, 08:25 PM  
bfit

Fitness Fix DVDs?

What are the Fitness Fix DVDs with Denise Beatty like? Are they similar to Jill Miller rehab workouts? Or more like Classical Stretch or what? I like KneeHab and the Postathletic stretch DVDs from Jill Miller and am looking for something similar to that.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 08:31 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Neither; they are strength workouts (using weights or tubing), although there is a functional fitness/therapeutic nature to them. There are reviews of the workouts in the reviews section.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 08:33 PM  
Sophie

as Beth said, there are good reviews on the site.

But generally, they are therapy/performance oriented strength work using weights, stability ball, optional bosu-like thing. The advanced one includes plyometrics.

They're nothing at all like Classical Stretch or anything Jill Miller does. Pretty much only Jill Miller does Jill Miller-y stuff. There are a lot of recent Jill threads right now, but based on what you have, maybe your next move is her Quick Fix DVD's.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 11:21 AM  
slysam

They do have a short post-athletic stretch section (one for upper one for lower) involving a stability ball. They also have a 15 minute foam roller section. But as mentioned, the bulk of it is their conditioning workouts-mine has one for upper body, one for lower body, one full body and one core.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 11:32 AM  
normandy

If you go to You Tube and do search for Denise Beatty, you'll find clips that will give you some idea of what she's like
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 12:39 PM  
KathAL79

I was also going to post that it'd be worth watching clips. Here's one for the Beginner at Fitness Organica, and here's one for Sports Conditioning at the same place.

I think of these as hybrid demonstration / follow-along; if you need your instructors to do every side exactly evenly and at exactly the same pace, these may drive you slightly crazy.

I agree that really only Jill Miller does Jill Miller-type stuff. Do you have her Yoga Links, her QuickFix Rx Upper & Lower Body, and her Yoga at Home DVDs?

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 01:00 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

The Denise Beatty DVDs are excellent -- I will never part with them! Her routines really balance out the usual strength workouts I use as they focus on core stabilization and rounding out strength/stability in areas that physical therapists have been nagging me about for years. I really wish I could do a full set of her routines (upper body, lower body, core) once a week because it all makes so much sense. I have the Intermediate and Sports Conditioning DVDs, and I think the former is more accessible + no one on the DVD is grimacing as much The foam roller and flexibility sections are identical on both DVDs and are also really good supplemental routines for whenever you want a good stretch.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise beatty, fitness fix, kneehab