Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-11, 12:04 PM  
Eibhinn

I've been impatiently awaiting this release and was planning on getting it even before she mentioned the word "ankles" (which are my achilles... ankle?), so I'm definitely buying. I just chatted with Mary and she ordered already and should have Kneehab up for pre-order on totalfitnessdvds.com today.

Last edited by Eibhinn; 04-06-11 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Trying to stop assuming everyone knows Mary's site address
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 12:06 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I've been impatiently awaiting this release and was planning on getting it even before she mentioned the word "ankles" (which are my achilles... ankle?), so I'm definitely buying. I just chatted with Mary and she ordered already and should have Kneehab up for pre-order on totalfitnessdvds.com today.
I was wondering this very thing! Thanks for the info! I don't mind buying from Jill either but I think I have a coupon from Mary...well, if I can find it, I'm sure it's under a pile of DVD's in my room somewhere

My only reservation is redundancy - I have Hip Helpers, the Quick Fixes, the Tension Tune-downs, and will shortly have Levels 2-4 of Yoga at Home - and Katy Bowman's aligned and well stuff. I would have to really feel that this offers something new in either poses or sequencing. Maybe. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff, though.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 12:07 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Eibhinn! That will probably be my April purchase.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 12:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Just saw this on FB & knew there would be a thread here already. Luckily, I don't have knee problems, but if I ever do, I don't think I'd hesitate to pick this up.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 12:35 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Ooo!!! I've been waiting for this one since I first heard people raving about her stuff!

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 12:36 PM  
bee1forfitness

I ordered this already, don't have any Jill Miller stuff also ordered the balls to
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 12:45 PM  
Castella

I looked at the clip, and I already do a lot of the movements she is showing as part of my usual workouts without even intending them to benefit my knees ( ). I'll be very interested in reviews and maybe a breakdown.

It does look like the lower back also benefits.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 03:01 PM  
runnermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post

- I have Hip Helpers, the Quick Fixes, the Tension Tune-downs, and will shortly have Levels 2-4 of Yoga at Home - and Katy Bowman's aligned and well stuff. .
THREAD DETOUR--I read Katy Bowman's blog sometimes and have wondered about her aligned & well stuff. What do you think about it? Anything new & earth-shattering? TIA!
runnermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 03:21 PM  
Sophie

I think what she says often flies in the face of conventional wisdom - for instance, she has a "no more kegels" stance on pelvic health, instead advocating squats, etc that increase freedom of movement in the pelvic floor.

In terms of prescriptive exercise, her poses share some similarities to the type of stuff Jill does in her Quick Fix series - there is some overlap, but she presents things in a slightly different way and her information/lecture material is quite interesting.

I felt her DVD's were a little on the pricey side for the amount of material on them - the info is good, but you don't really need to hear it much more than once IMO. There are really only 5 exercises or so on the DVD's I have, and once you learn them you can just do them on your own, so not quite as "follow along" as Jill's material. I'd consider them more of a self-learning tool rather than a follow along workout (though you could I guess if you fast-forwarded)

I understand the prices have come down either at her site or on Amazon. For the most part I think her ideas are solid - every once in a while I think "really?" - not in doubt, just in surprise

Overall, I think she presents good material and exercises - I would just be more likely to recommend them if they were put together in a more usable and economical format, like Jill's Quick Fixes.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 04:18 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
I felt her DVD's were a little on the pricey side for the amount of material on them - the info is good, but you don't really need to hear it much more than once IMO. There are really only 5 exercises or so on the DVD's I have, and once you learn them you can just do them on your own, so not quite as "follow along" as Jill's material. I'd consider them more of a self-learning tool rather than a follow along workout (though you could I guess if you fast-forwarded)

I understand the prices have come down either at her site or on Amazon. For the most part I think her ideas are solid - every once in a while I think "really?" - not in doubt, just in surprise

Overall, I think she presents good material and exercises - I would just be more likely to recommend them if they were put together in a more usable and economical format, like Jill's Quick Fixes.
I agree with everything Sophie said. True, the prices have come down on Amazon versus what she was originally selling them for on her website. I own several of her series and touched based with someone who also owned several. There is a redundacy of the exercises (see the following chart) between the various DVDS, I think she could have grouped some of the categories together and made them more economical.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Breakdown of Aligned and Well Series.pdf (18.8 KB, 650 views)
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gaiam's strong knees, jill miller, jill's balls, knee issues, kneehab, knees, strong knees, yoga tune up