Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-02-20, 08:48 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi fierce Watulan friends!

Today I did Circuit Blast followed by MMA Boxing. Circuit Blast was short but pretty intense! I didn't notice until after I finished it that there were 2 premixes! One was cardio only & the other was a Scrambled Eggs. I probably would have done the Scrambled Eggs one had I known it existed! Now I think I may have to go back and do it at some point to see what it's about. MMA Boxing was okay, not particularly creative but good as an add on. Except for the HiIT workouts, I would probably use most of the series workouts in combination with each other. They are too short for my purposes most of the time.

manleym, I liked the music in this series in general. I don't think it was any different in the MMA workouts than in the others, but I admit unless I hate the music, I don't really notice it. IMHO of the three MMAs, the one I can see myself getting more use is Fusion. It's different enough that it offers variety. Plus I am going to crush that drill that I skipped through when I just did it. It's now a Quest.

kittybug, smart of you to not overdo it and be careful about your ankle!

Nathalie, that's kind of strange that a workout touted as for menopausal women would be led by non-menopausal women. I hope they work for you! It took me a number of years to lose my menopausal weight and honestly it was diet along with leaving a stressful job that made it happen for me, not the workouts I did. I also didn't try anything different, so who knows if I would have lost the weight more quickly by mixing up my workout routine. It's definitely worth trying it!

horusosiris, my DH works on the 4th so we don't do anything special. All the public fireworks are cancelled in my area, but I'm sure at least one neighbor will shoot some off in our cul de sac. No, they aren't legal in my state, but that doesn't stop people. As long as they don't set fire to anything or anybody, I don't really care.

Kim, we love Watula's pink nose and it makes her look more kittenish even at her age!

KateTT, I've noticed my tastes can change, and it's been 10 years since Shock Cardio came out!! There was so much drama surrounding this release, and everyone wondered if all the workouts going forward were going to be like STS and Shock Cardio. These seemed produced with the intention of reaching the Insanity/Beachbody crowd. Cathe was definitely more serious and "professional" rather than down to earth as I think she seemed in earlier workouts. But I don't think the workouts that followed were anything like these and were more like what she had done before--a kinder, gentler Cathe. What do you think?

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 09:29 PM  
ChelePA

AC won’t be repaired until next Friday. It’s a big issue that’s not a super easy fix. Plus the holiday delayed the date. And it’s only getting hotter here. Fun stuff 😁.

Today I did PHA 3 timesaver premix that included first half only followed by Step Sync intermediate bonus. The heat is definitely affecting my motivation and energy. Ugh!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 06:29 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
AC won’t be repaired until next Friday. It’s a big issue that’s not a super easy fix. Plus the holiday delayed the date. And it’s only getting hotter here. Fun stuff 😁.

Today I did PHA 3 timesaver premix that included first half only followed by Step Sync intermediate bonus. The heat is definitely affecting my motivation and energy. Ugh!
Next Friday! What a bummer!
The heat is hard on our bodies, especially when we exercise.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 06:36 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hi fierce Watulan friends!

Nathalie, that's kind of strange that a workout touted as for menopausal women would be led by non-menopausal women. I hope they work for you! It took me a number of years to lose my menopausal weight and honestly it was diet along with leaving a stressful job that made it happen for me, not the workouts I did. I also didn't try anything different, so who knows if I would have lost the weight more quickly by mixing up my workout routine. It's definitely worth trying it!
There are also a lot of burpees and going down to the floor and getting up (although there are some modifications shown). They don't always seem to have been thought for women over 40! He talks a lot about stress and cortisol and the effect it can have on our weight. We'll see.

Yesterday, I "cheated" and decided to do the Cathe Live at 5 PM. It felt good to do a total body work.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 08:46 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post

Bummer about the delay in getting the air conditioning fixed. Like I said up thread, we are spoiled now with the central air and would cry if it broke down. I definitely get acclimated to temperature and humidity and when it’s changed, I feel it.

Before we had central air I did the following things to help cope with exercising in the heat: I periodically wet my head, back of the neck and arms with cold water during the workout, I drank a lot, A LOT, of water, I used a big fan blowing directly on me (I still do this even with AC), I waited until late evening when things cooled off a little and had the windows open. I think working out in the morning before it gets really hot works too. I also wore the least amount of clothes I could maintaining the needed support.

It’s totally understandable to be slacking a little while you’re AC is down. I give you permission to skip the tough stuff.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 02:10 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Bummer about the delay in getting the air conditioning fixed. Like I said up thread, we are spoiled now with the central air and would cry if it broke down. I definitely get acclimated to temperature and humidity and when it’s changed, I feel it.

Before we had central air I did the following things to help cope with exercising in the heat: I periodically wet my head, back of the neck and arms with cold water during the workout, I drank a lot, A LOT, of water, I used a big fan blowing directly on me (I still do this even with AC), I waited until late evening when things cooled off a little and had the windows open. I think working out in the morning before it gets really hot works too. I also wore the least amount of clothes I could maintaining the needed support.

It’s totally understandable to be slacking a little while you’re AC is down. I give you permission to skip the tough stuff.

Kim
Thanks Kim! Great recommendations! Today we went strawberry picking at LaCoe's farm then to Glenburn Grill and Bakery for breakfast outside Afterwards we walked 2 miles on the Heritage Trail and I finished the second half of PHA 3 today. Love the cardio effect on this one!

Happy 4th of July!
Old 07-03-20, 09:28 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Quick check in! Today I did HiiT 40/20 from the Shock Cardio series. It's too blamed hot today to do any more! Humidity over 80% today. Ugh. I grew up in SW PA and my parents didn't install AC in our house until I had gone to college. The house had a playroom that was partially underground and stayed relatively cool in the summer. We all spent a lot of time there in the two weeks in August that were really hot. It seems to me that summers there are hotter than they were when I was a kid, but then again that was A LONG time ago! When I've gone to visit in the summer nowadays it feels like it to me. We used big box fans and had an attic fan that allegedly removed the hottest air. It helped a little. I may have been more tolerant of the heat then than I am now. ChelePA, hang in there.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 09:59 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hi everyone!

Quick check in! Today I did HiiT 40/20 from the Shock Cardio series. It's too blamed hot today to do any more! Humidity over 80% today. Ugh. I grew up in SW PA and my parents didn't install AC in our house until I had gone to college. The house had a playroom that was partially underground and stayed relatively cool in the summer. We all spent a lot of time there in the two weeks in August that were really hot. It seems to me that summers there are hotter than they were when I was a kid, but then again that was A LONG time ago! When I've gone to visit in the summer nowadays it feels like it to me. We used big box fans and had an attic fan that allegedly removed the hottest air. It helped a little. I may have been more tolerant of the heat then than I am now. ChelePA, hang in there.
40/20 is a tough one! I don't blame you for calling it a day.

Today was a lighter day 15 minutes of chair cardio followed by about 30 minutes of the Live Kickboxing Plus Core. Missed the first 10 minutes.

Headed to a family outdoor pool party today. Hoping to cool off
Old 07-04-20, 04:15 PM  
manleym

Happy 4th of July fierce Watulan friends! I hope you are all having a great day celebrating with friends and/or family!

Cataddict thanks for your feedback on the MMA's. Sounds like I have JOMO instead of FOMO. Yay for you for being determined to conquer Fusion! We will all celebrate with you when you do! And agree about the humidity! It is just draining!

ChelePA hope you're finding relief from the heat. It's getting blazing hot here, hence why I'm indoors on 4th of July. Just too hot to be out.

Kittybug I heard they had a pretty amazing and huge fireworks display at the Stateline Speedway. Were you able to see them?

So this past week I've done most of RWH. Did both uppers (WOW!), upper body circuit, legs, and low impact. Also did Cathe Live In the Ring, Time to HiiT It Low Impact, Low Impact Cardio Compound Training and yoga to stretch out my tired body. I haven't attempted lower body circuit or plyo. I'll have to muster up my courage to try them next week. And I love the idea of lowering the step height for lower body circuit. Maybe there won't be as much of a dread factor if I lower the step height. Plyo is just going to be a beast.

Hugs and waves to everyone! Stay safe and healthy!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 04:56 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh my, gals, you're all so fierce and I need to play catch-up! Been busy the last few days. Hope you're all having a nice 4th. All of our stuff was cancelled as far as fireworks shows and I fear allllll the neighbors will take it upon themselves to make up for it, which with five pets who stress out incredibly, is not fun.

So I finished out the week with Ellen's Yogini on Thursday and Friday was RWH Plyo #2 (on just the platform and still yikes!) and Yoga 30 for 30 the Stamina practice, led by Lauren, which was actually very intense and awesome! I'm loving RWH so much and partially because with the shorter workouts, I'm able to fit in these awesome yoga practices, yay!

Next week I'm going to try combining the upper body splits with the Plyos so I can also get in the upper and lower body circuits, the LIHI legs, and of course, more yoga!

Manleym, I believe that show you're talking about is north of us by about 7 or 8 hours, so unfortunately, we didn't see anything. And I agree on lowering the step height for RWH. My ankle agrees with that too! I might, ~might~ try things at 6 inches next week but honestly, you still get such a great workout regardless, I don't think it matters all that much. To me the lower height is safer for me right now!

ChelePA, goodness, please stay cool! That's just awful to be without A/C in the heat!

Cataddict, totally agree about changing tastes...I know mine have over the last ten years!! And I too love Watula's pink nose!! Our ginger boy is the only cat with a pink nose in our house, and he has a white splotch on it too which I also adore!

Kim, good suggestions on staying cool! I also did this one when I lived in the desert...put a huge bowl of ice in front of the blowing fan for a lovely extra cooling effect!

Nathalie, I'm interested in what you're finding out with the metabolic workouts (and kind of laughing that really, a workout for menopausal women isn't led by, um, at least peri or menopausal women???? ) I know my body has responded favorably already to RWH and I suspect it's because while the intensity is high, the lengths are much shorter than what I typically do and somehow, that's working for me! Go figure, right??

KateTT, I'm feeling like RWH is becoming my favorite too! And I'm not nearly as fierce as you! I'm also sorry your favorite holiday's festivities were cancelled. Boo on that! You deserve some fun time, darn it!

Bee, I have done Total Body Giant Sets exactly once and I didn't have a stability ball or the right weights at the time so I'm reallllly looking forward to trying it again when I get to the Strong and Sweaty series! Based on what you said, I know I'm going to love it!

Speaking of weights, gals, I was at Walmart the other day and figured I'd check to see if they had any 30-pound dumbbells because I'm itching to get some. Their entire weights section was STILL cleared out, entirely! When will this end???

Horusosiris, hope your 4th party is spectacular! Also, knowing that you're the resource on everything Cathe Live, if I do end up with a subscription a few months from now, I'm gonna be hitting you up for your thoughts on various Lives!!!

Okay, hope I didn't miss anybody. Happy Saturday, happy 4th, stay cool, stay fierce my fellow Watulans!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in