Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-20, 09:23 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

ChelePA, thank you for the heads up on Plyo 1 and 2. Holy moly, I just watched clips and now I'm really scared! Definitely will have to start with the one without the step first and this won't be a 'let's combine both workouts' thing, not like the low impact workout is!

Horusosiris, I nearly asked you the other day to report back on that latest Live because I assumed you would do it as you've done them all, and it. looks. so. good! Gals, I might have to ask for Cathe Live for my bday in a couple months. Also, keep us posted on your Bowen/Barlates and others rotation...I'm very interested in what you come up with! I hear you on feeling stiff...one of the draws of RWH is many of them are shorter so I can make use of my yoga as add-ons or just take yoga days in between which is my plan for next week!

Cataddict, STOP ENABLING ME!!! And hey, Watula being an alien name is also perfect...to me cats are indeed like a (superior, of course ) alien species!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 11:52 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
ChelePA, thank you for the heads up on Plyo 1 and 2. Holy moly, I just watched clips and now I'm really scared! Definitely will have to start with the one without the step first and this won't be a 'let's combine both workouts' thing, not like the low impact workout is!

Horusosiris, I nearly asked you the other day to report back on that latest Live because I assumed you would do it as you've done them all, and it. looks. so. good! Gals, I might have to ask for Cathe Live for my bday in a couple months. Also, keep us posted on your Bowen/Barlates and others rotation...I'm very interested in what you come up with! I hear you on feeling stiff...one of the draws of RWH is many of them are shorter so I can make use of my yoga as add-ons or just take yoga days in between which is my plan for next week!

Cataddict, STOP ENABLING ME!!! And hey, Watula being an alien name is also perfect...to me cats are indeed like a (superior, of course ) alien species!
Plyo One is the hardest HIIT I've done of hers and it's less than 30 minutes from warm-up to cool down.

Today was Live PHA 2020...said it before but I love this one! And that's saying a lot since I'm not a fan of weights. It's a great total body strength with a nice cardio effect! No dread factor
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 11:59 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:

I am loving the free Live workouts! I don't think I will be going back to the YMCA anytime soon so I'm definitely considering subscribing to Live also. In the past, I didn't feel justified since I have most of her DVDs plus we had a family Y membership for cycling classes. That I am really missing!

It's weird I feel guilty spending extra money on Live since I have the DVDs. But it's such a great price and so much cheaper than our Y membership. Plus I can unsubscribe pretty easily if I want. You ladies definitely don't help...haha.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 12:05 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Happy almost Friday gals!

Today was RWH Lift it Hit it Legs and I was skeered....but it went great! My ankle actually felt ~better~ after which made me wonder, but whatever, I'll take it!

I'm SO SORE from yesterday's Chest/Triceps/Shoulders that I'm now skeered for tomorrow and Back/Biceps/Shoulders. But I have to say, I'm LOVING this series so much that it's flown right up there into the top spot with the Intensity Series for me, and that's saying something. The Intensity Series always holds a special place in my heart because it was my first venture into Cathe years ago. But RWH, wow. She just really hit it out of the park with this one.

I'm still a bit nervous to try any of the workouts that use the step though , so I'll just have to see how that goes and be really careful. Still icing/doing my exercises and stretches for my ankles twice a day, every day, and they've helped a lot, so I'll keep doing them!
RWH is such a great series. I think that RWH legs is one of my favorite leg workout. You get a lot done is those 30-35 minutes. I love the rear delts section from Back/Biceps/Shoulders, especially the prone rear delts. As Cathe says, you can't cheat and it's easy on the back. I haven't done the UB circuit for a while but it's a great workout also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hi friends and fellow fierce Watulans!

lavna, I've got Muscle Max on my list to do in the next week. I plan on doing a premix of it. It's been awhile since I've done it, but I seem to recall there were a ton of leg lifts. I'm not a fan of a ton of leg lifts.
There's only 4 exercices: squats, lunges, step ups and pulsing plié squats. Except for the step ups, there's a lot of reps and tempo variations!

Happy Friday to everyone! Hope you're having a great day!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 12:08 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict I like Sagi, he makes jokes sometimes and I smile. I think he's a little more toned down in Hammer and Chisel than he is in Body Beast. Just my thoughts and I don't have any proof of this being an actual reason, but I think sometimes instructors rub people the wrong way when they say things that are scripted when they're really not actors. It comes off as insincere, or arrogant or something.

However, I'm one that is usually not put off by an instructor. I can pretty much overlook things and focus on the workout. In fact, I can't think of any instructor that I dislike so much that I won't do the workouts. Denise Austin used to drive me crazy with her use of the word "tummy" and her whispery voice, but she's better in some workouts than others and I own probably 10-15 of her workouts.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 12:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I am loving the free Live workouts! I don't think I will be going back to the YMCA anytime soon so I'm definitely considering subscribing to Live also. In the past, I didn't feel justified since I have most of her DVDs plus we had a family Y membership for cycling classes. That I am really missing!

It's weird I feel guilty spending extra money on Live since I have the DVDs. But it's such a great price and so much cheaper than our Y membership. Plus I can unsubscribe pretty easily if I want. You ladies definitely don't help...haha.
But ChelePA, just subscribing to Live is cheaper than her On Demand and gives you just her live gym workouts (not her DVD workouts that you already have) so there's NO reason to feel guilty! Yep, I'm enabling.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 01:17 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Friday

Mickey and Cataddict- I too love Sagi. yes he is definitely more tone down in Hammer and Chisel than in Body Beast, In Hammer and Chisel I usually only do the Hammer workouts with Sagi.

Kittybug- I agree that Cathe Live is a good investment.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 01:22 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
RWH is such a great series. I think that RWH legs is one of my favorite leg workout. You get a lot done is those 30-35 minutes. I love the rear delts section from Back/Biceps/Shoulders, especially the prone rear delts. As Cathe says, you can't cheat and it's easy on the back. I haven't done the UB circuit for a while but it's a great workout also.

There's only 4 exercices: squats, lunges, step ups and pulsing plié squats. Except for the step ups, there's a lot of reps and tempo variations!

Happy Friday to everyone! Hope you're having a great day!
Nathalie
I realized after I wrote leg lifts I meant step ups!! There are just way too many of them in this workout for my taste.

kittybug, girl, you KNOW you want that workout. Just. buy. it. LOL.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 03:19 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I realized after I wrote leg lifts I meant step ups!! There are just way too many of them in this workout for my taste.
You can always skip them! That's what I used to do when I used it as an add up and was too lazy to pull out my step! I still got a great leg workout. Those lunges are killers!
Old 06-26-20, 03:29 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post

Also, there's a 7-day free trial….
The Live are very different than the DVDs. The feeling is not the same with the full class. I like that it's not rehearsed and more spontaneous! I too have the DVDs but these days, I find I'm using more the Lives as my principal workout. Except for the abs: I prefer the abs that are on the DVDs! I don't subscribe though as I prefer to buy them.

Nathalie

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in