Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-20, 11:51 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Kate hang in there... thinking of you and your son. Please post updates as you are able.

ChelePA thanks for the info on Stepsync.. Additional question for you was that the intermediate bonus you did ...or the main workout? Sending you cool thoughts!!

kittybug ripped with HIIT scares me.

Today is stretchy/mobility. Started with classical stretch. May end the day with some yoga

Sending peace ....most fiercely and mindfully, of course !
Today I did the main workout. I have done several premixes including the intermediate bonus in the past before my injury. I used it on my light days. I find it fun!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 01:39 PM  
manleym

Oh, KateTT!! You have been through SO MUCH!!! My heart goes out to you! Please keep us posted on your son and take some time for care for yourself. You've been pouring yourself out for others, so I hope you'll be able to find some time to re-fill. I'm glad you're still able to workout. That helps. We're all thinking about you!

Cataddict and Fanofladyvols agree about 4 DS! It is one of my all time FAVORITE series! I love the variety, the premixes - Cathe knocked it out of the ballpark with this one!

Kittybug yay for being able to do RWH Low Impact! That's great progress! I hope your ankle is holding up well today. Tap Less Step More is Cia 2803 with Deirdre Morris. It will be fun once I've mastered it and pretty much have mastered the 1st 4 combos.

Bee Great idea about the To The Max premix! I should remember that. There are so many GREAT premixes and ways of doing the workouts that I need to consider. I'm so glad to have all of the different options but just forget about all of the hidden gems.

ChelePA congrats on being able to do a step workout! I know you're happy to be getting back to workout normal.

Horusosiris has your job settled down any? I'm an elementary school teacher so our district is trying to figure out what to do, along with every other school district in the nation. I feel certain we'll go back in the fall.

Nathalie has it cooled down any? Been raining like crazy here. Now just muggy and humid.

Waves to anyone I accidently missed! Stay strong and fierce Watulan friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 05:59 PM  
Mickey12

Linda so happy that you enjoyed Step Jam. I agree about the moves matching the music so well. That’s one great thing about the older workouts - they really had awesome music to go with the moves. I miss that now.

Kittybug Hammer and Chisel is a a Beachbody weight lifting set with Sagi and Autumn. He did Body Beast and she did 21 Day Fix then they combined to do Hammer and Chisel. I like it because it’s not overly brutal and there is lots of variations. As far as I know, it’s no longer available on DVD unless you get is used.

Keep up the great workouts everyone! Woo hoo Watulans!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 06:10 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hah, hey Watulans! Anyone a fan of the film Fried Green Tomatoes? Yah know, Towanda!!!!! That's what Watula makes me think, us screaming fiercely whilst working out, WATULA!!

Okay, or at least that's what I was doing today whilst grunting my way through RWH Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders. Holy weight plates, Cathe lifts HEAVY in this, way heavier than I could go on lots of stuff but it was still brutal even with the weights I ended up at. I added on the bonus abs 2...love those balancing flying angels at the end there!

Have I mentioned I love Al? We need more Al!!!

Linda, RWH is starting to scare me as well.

Bee, combining the two low impact workouts with the abs ended up at pretty much exactly an hour. However, I will say I was rethinking combining cardio segments as soon as the second workout started, but keep in mind I haven't been doing much in the way of super intense cardio for over three weeks now, so YMMV.

ChelePA, SO GLAD you get to step again!! That's got to feel good! I'm hoping to be able to do the same soon. Step irritates my ankle more than more strictly plyo type stuff...is that odd or what!??

Manleym, ohhhh..found it on Mary's and I'm not looking, I'm not looking, I'M NOT LOOKING!

Kim, of course it's not available on DVD, grrrrrr. I miss out and then I realize I really miss out because few are putting out DVDs anymore, wahhhh!!!

Waves to all....stay fierce, Watulan friends!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 06:25 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

manleym: It rained a lot today also and the temperature is cooling now down along with the humidity. It will be good to have a break! Especially during the nights!

Kate: I hope your son makes a quick recovery. You must be anxious for 2020 to be over! Good for you for continuing to workout during these difficult times.

kittybug: I'm so happy for you that your ankle is better! Yay!

ChelePA: It's so fun isn't it when your able to go back to a type of workout you enjoy!

Today, I only did the LB premix of Muscle max. In the thread on my weight gain I was refering to earlier, people suggested Metabolic renewal by Jade Teta. He suggests intense but short workouts (about 15 min. only). That premix fitted the bill for me today, especially since it was still hot this afternoon.

Greetings to all the others I haven't mentionned!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 06:42 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Nathalie, my ankle isn't fully there yet but it is much better...what hurts most right now is the ice burn I've developed on my skin from alllllll the icing I've been doing, ouch!

And please keep us posted on how you're doing with the info from Jade Teta and others. I'm always curious what works for various women during this time of hormonal shifting and am always keeping notes in mind for when things along that road get even worse for me! Hugs to you!
Old 06-25-20, 06:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy almost Friday gals!

Today was RWH Lift it Hit it Legs and I was skeered....but it went great! My ankle actually felt ~better~ after which made me wonder, but whatever, I'll take it!

I'm SO SORE from yesterday's Chest/Triceps/Shoulders that I'm now skeered for tomorrow and Back/Biceps/Shoulders. But I have to say, I'm LOVING this series so much that it's flown right up there into the top spot with the Intensity Series for me, and that's saying something. The Intensity Series always holds a special place in my heart because it was my first venture into Cathe years ago. But RWH, wow. She just really hit it out of the park with this one.

I'm still a bit nervous to try any of the workouts that use the step though , so I'll just have to see how that goes and be really careful. Still icing/doing my exercises and stretches for my ankles twice a day, every day, and they've helped a lot, so I'll keep doing them!

How are you fierce Watulans doing?? Stay fierce all!
Old 06-25-20, 07:29 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Happy almost Friday gals!

Today was RWH Lift it Hit it Legs and I was skeered....but it went great! My ankle actually felt ~better~ after which made me wonder, but whatever, I'll take it!

I'm SO SORE from yesterday's Chest/Triceps/Shoulders that I'm now skeered for tomorrow and Back/Biceps/Shoulders. But I have to say, I'm LOVING this series so much that it's flown right up there into the top spot with the Intensity Series for me, and that's saying something. The Intensity Series always holds a special place in my heart because it was my first venture into Cathe years ago. But RWH, wow. She just really hit it out of the park with this one.

I'm still a bit nervous to try any of the workouts that use the step though , so I'll just have to see how that goes and be really careful. Still icing/doing my exercises and stretches for my ankles twice a day, every day, and they've helped a lot, so I'll keep doing them!

How are you fierce Watulans doing?? Stay fierce all!
The Plyo Hiit One and Two are intense! I find Two a tad easier even with using the step. Maybe because of the added 7-ups. But One is take your breath away tough!

Today I did Live Cardio Fusion at 12 pm. Always a fun one! I added on a 15 minute core workout afterwards. Then I caught Live Roadtrip Kickboxing for 30 minutes. Held 2 pound hand weights to increase intensity.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 08:17 PM  
horusosiris

Hello Everyone

This is the last week of my 8-week program. Today I did the new Cathe Live – Boot Camp- Heavy Weights. It was as fun cardio and weight workout! In July I am going to do Seek Technique and Suzanne Bowen and some Barlates. I will give myself a break from the heavier weights. I am also going to do many more mobility/stretching/yoga sessions. I am feeling stiff!

Menelym - I finally have moment to come up for air! How safe do you feel it will be to go back in the fall? So many states are really having a time of it lately, NY has finally settled down.

KateTT – I hope that your son is recovering and all is going as per the plan.

Bee- I am glad you enjoyed To the Max with the modifications. Keep upo the great work!

Waves to Everyone! All of you are doing such a great job and making progress!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 08:50 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi friends and fellow fierce Watulans!

Today I did the High Intensity Step Circuit workout premix from 4DS. I liked it although I skipped the core section at the end since it was the same one as in the other premix I did.

KateTT, sending more hugs your way! You've really had a tough time! Glad I could make you smile with all you have going on and also glad you like the addition of the signature line. Or should I say YOUR signature line?

kittybug, good for you for pushing through RWH workouts even if they scare you! Sometimes I just start a workout that scares me and tell myself that I can always modify if it gets to be too much. I find that I seldom do so when I get into it. You're smart to be careful about your ankle. Step can be tough ankle work. And I'm LOL at the idea of yelling "Watula" when I'm working out! Her name sounds more like an alien species to me, although from what we could find out it's a Native American tribal name.

ChelePA, I like Cardio Fusion Live too. I bought the download I liked it so much!

lavna, I've got Muscle Max on my list to do in the next week. I plan on doing a premix of it. It's been awhile since I've done it, but I seem to recall there were a ton of leg lifts. I'm not a fan of a ton of leg lifts.

fanofladyvols, those old Cathe step workouts are really great for people who THINK they have two left feet! I find her cuing to be much better on these and really on the early ones until 4DS. That cuing was really on the fly and as experienced as I am at stepping I didn't get the combos until the second repetition. But 4DS is still very versatile and the late cuing wasn't a deal breaker. So anyway I don't really think you have two left feet even if you think so!

manleym, I really like Deidre's Tap Less Step More---one of my favs! It's kind of tricky but doable. kittybug, if you can find it, I highly recommend it----very fun choreography!! Go ahead and get it. You know you want it....

bee, don't you just love the ideas that people here share about what they do differently in their workouts? The suggestions have been a great help to me.

horusosiris, did you happen to do today's Cathe Live? I'm very curious about it since I am looking to do some more barbell work now that I have the quick release clips. It looked interesting in the description. ETA I wrote so much that you posted about it while I was still rambling on!! Glad you liked it!

Kim, glad you are enjoying Hammer and Chisel. What do you think of Sagi? I don't have this set, but I had heard comments about him not being a fan favorite.

Waves to all! Happy almost Friday!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience

Last edited by cataddict; 06-25-20 at 08:51 PM. Reason: add item
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in