Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-20, 05:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Today I did Premix #11, Low Impact Circuit, from the 4 day Split step disc. I enjoyed this one! I admit I didn't use the 62 pounds () that the equipment list shows I needed. I did fine with less. The time went by very quickly. There are a ton of premixes on these discs and the only one I've ever done is the double cardio one. I think I'll be doing more of these premixes before I move on.

bee, that's awesome about dropping a jeans size! Good for you! I admit I have a collection of clothing with a few different sizes. I used to have more but I have pared it down quite a bit.

ChelePA, glad I'm not the only one who went back to even out the upper body work. Next time I'll try not to wimp out on doing the push ups again, although I might modify the jumping ones the second time. I was pretty pleased with my bad self that I did the jumping version with Nate while Cathe was doing the modified version.

fanofladyvols, yes, Watula is quite the character. She does sleep a lot but yells when she wants to be (a) fed, and/or (b) petted. Every once in awhile she goes to the toy basket and takes all the toys out until she finds the specific toy she wants and then plays with it for a few minutes. We've made accommodations for her age, using pet steps and a shallower litter box. She pretty much gets what she wants---she's earned it! She's doing surprisingly well for her age. Pasquotank (AKA Tank) is 13 and he has slowed down a little bit, but not a lot.

Kim, kittybug, and manleym, you make me feel like a proud cat mom! I love the tee shirt idea!

Waves to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 05:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

Manley I'm glad my mini reviews on Jari are worthwhile to you. I forgot to mention that I used my high step instead of my full step easily with Revved to the Max. And I was thinking today if the BOSU might work. I have a feeling I will try it.

ChelePA I don't have a rebounder but I do enjoy subbing in the BOSU. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Please let me know if you do make it work for a workout so I can add a note to my workout, too.

Today was Step Jam off the Classics DVD and I LURVED it. I don't know if it's all these months trying to learn Cathe's step workouts a combo at a time or the fact that the steps went so well with the music, or that there were no intervals.....or maybe it was the scrunchies on the top of their heads??? But my two left feet had very few problems with the steps and turns. And you guys know I usually skip the turns. So Yayyy!!! I was woot wooting along with Cathe.

Anywho, looking forward to tackling the other two step workouts on the DVD but I will mix in with Cathe kickboxing I haven't tried.

Woot woots to everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 05:24 PM  
fanofladyvols

cataddict 4DS is so versatile! I am not done trying the premixes on it either! I think it's one of Cathes greatest DVD bang for your dollar buck !

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 06-23-20, 06:17 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey gals!! How fierce were you Watulans today?

I decided to dip my toe into the RWH pool because I totally forgot there's a LOW impact HIIT I've never done....we all know Cathe's 'low' or 'no' impact is never truly low or no and I was not wrong here. It was just the test I needed.

I did the premix with workouts 1 and 2 and added on bonus abs 1 (WHY doesn't she have any premixes with the abs?? ) and am happy to say my ankle did okay! I do expect it might be sore tomorrow and that's typically normal for this stuff, but we'll see. I was careful but did test out some things with slight jumps.

And maybe it's that I haven't done anything specifically like this in three weeks but MAN was I cherry-red-faced and sweaty! It felt great! I might try one of the upper body splits tomorrow so as to split up the cardio and not stress my ankle out every. single. day. RWH is an intense series, from what I'm remembering!

Kim, what is Hammer and Chisel?? Do tell!

Nathalie, we're hot here too, gah. It's like nonexistent spring goes right into summer.

Linda, I'm also enjoying your Jari reviews...I feel like I need to collect more of hers now especially that her gym has closed. Is that weird?

Manleym, Tap Less Step More? That sounds familiar but I can't place it...is that Christy?

ChelePA, WHAT do you mean your A/C won't be fixed for two more weeks???? WHAT? Geez, stay hydrated!

Cataddict, laughing at Watula's quirks! Our tortie Charli is like that, with the yelling and being very demanding when she wants something, particularly from me as she's chosen me as her person despite the fact my husband is the one who saved her! If you've heard the term 'tortitude' I can verify it's a THING and Charli has it. I actually started calling her Tortellini for a while because it was a combo of Mussolini and tortie since she's SUCH a dictator, roaming around the house and telling everyone what to do and where to be!! And of course, I love it because I'm crazy like that!

Bee, I'll note your name and mention it if the situation comes up with our relatives in SC!

Waves to Horusosiris, KateTT, anyone I keep missing, arg! Stay cool and fierce, everyone!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 08:51 AM  
ChelePA

Oh how I missed step with my broken foot! Today was my first day back doing step aerobics. I decided to go with Step Sync. Such a fun routine and definitely at a level that I wasn’t concerned about my foot. Love this one! Makes me smile! I added the bonus ab stacker at the end. This one starts out deceptively easy. But by the time you’re doing oblique twists with the multiple boat poses, it really adds up. I will probably stick with this one for a bit when I want to add step to my week -using the premixes and bonuses.

Edited to add that I caught the first half of Metabolic Madness Live at 12 pm. I didn't do the second half which repeats all the exercises. I've done this one in the past, but now with full mobility, I realize it is more intense that I anticipated. It's a good one!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 09:53 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi friends. Once again, chaos has struck. What is it with this year anyway? On Saturday my oldest son was rushed to the hospital. He has congenital heart problems and his heart beat was out of rhythm and shortness of breath. After several tests, they ended up putting in a pacemaker yesterday. With any luck, he'll be home this afternoon. But I am DONE with all this craziness.

Shout outs to all but especially Cataddict, you made me smile!! LOVE your signature line!

Workouts have been a mix of 80DO and Cathe still although today I did Body Attack 53 just to change things up.
I've been trying to get better at Imax3 so after my 80DO workouts I practiced that one. Getting much better.

I'll keep this brief but I'm so glad to see everyone going strong. I'll try to catch up more later.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 09:57 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Hi friends. Once again, chaos has struck. What is it with this year anyway? On Saturday my oldest son was rushed to the hospital. He has congenital heart problems and his heart beat was out of rhythm and shortness of breath. After several tests, they ended up putting in a pacemaker yesterday. With any luck, he'll be home this afternoon. But I am DONE with all this craziness.

Shout outs to all but especially Cataddict, you made me smile!! LOVE your signature line!

Workouts have been a mix of 80DO and Cathe still although today I did Body Attack 53 just to change things up.
I've been trying to get better at Imax3 so after my 80DO workouts I practiced that one. Getting much better.

I'll keep this brief but I'm so glad to see everyone going strong. I'll try to catch up more later.
Holy moly, Kate!!! I'm glad he's at least coming home and going to be on the mend but WHAT IS IT with this year indeed!!! Enough already, right??? Sending hugs and healing wishes your fierce way!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 10:37 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post

Oh my Kate! What a year! On a positive note, I know a few younger people who had pacemakers placed and all are doing well. I find it amazing that it’s an outpatient procedure. Sending healing vibes your way!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 10:55 AM  
fanofladyvols

Kate hang in there... thinking of you and your son. Please post updates as you are able.

ChelePA thanks for the info on Stepsync.. Additional question for you was that the intermediate bonus you did ...or the main workout? Sending you cool thoughts!!

kittybug ripped with HIIT scares me.

Today is stretchy/mobility. Started with classical stretch. May end the day with some yoga

Sending peace ....most fiercely and mindfully, of course !

Old 06-24-20, 11:17 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Wow, highs and lows here! I love the "Watulans" name, kittybug.

Kate, gosh..... what you've been through! I hope your son is feeling much better and I hope your stress levels are on their way down. Through it all, you are fierce!!

And then the highs..... great news on the fun workouts for our ankle/foot injury contingent. kittybug, I almost did RWH low impact stuff this morning..... I think I will do it Friday. You did both?! I'll have to see how long that is. That sounds like a lot!! ChelePA, so glad to hear you had a great workout.

Horusosiris, you are brilliant! I did To the Max sans weights today and it was fun! I thought I might never do that workout again, but no, it's a keeper this way. I did the premix without core, so not the whole thing and I lowered my step and did some things low impact (but not all!) and it just flew by. It was only 46 minutes, so that was part of it, but it was fun! Thanks for that suggestion!!! Love the vf community, but especially my fierce Watulan friends, for ideas like this. Waves to all!!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in