Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-14, 01:18 AM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I had Rehab Your Body and the combination of JB Berns' used car-salesman on-screen personality and the flailing and helpless looks of the under-rehearsed fitness model backgrounders just made the whole thing completely unusable for me.
That's why mine ended up buried and forgotten in a box! But the exercises themselves are effective and non-torturing, and the only "prop" needed is a chair.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-14, 10:30 AM  
cfwb

I agree with a lot that has been said above. When I had a knee injury that was taking forever to heal, I got both of these DVDs. Strong Knees was doable, challenging, and seemed to help me gain back strength. Kneehab - well, I liked it better in theory than in actually doing the exercises. The exercises with the balls were so painful I just couldn't do them. Perhaps now that I'm healed, it would be better.
cfwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-14, 12:48 PM  
mercedes

When I had ACL replacement, I did Rehab your body twice a day. So, I definitely recommend it. I was also going to PT and my pt was in awe at how fast I recovered.
I agree JB may get on your nerves, but the exercises are good....with the exception of the knee extension one that *I think* has since then been contraindicated... not sure... but I think I read it here.

I love Jill but I believe her to be more of a "eating your veggies" before anything happens rather than "dessert" - after IT happens..jajaja I tried her elbow sequence when I had tennis elbow and I swear I felt like I was thrown back to square one every single time I did it ;(;(;(

As for Strong knees... it came out after my surgery so I did not have it handy back then. However, I tried it afterwards and I found it boring and slow.

One trainer I like is Katy Bowman - she has some $5 downloads that I think are good.
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-14, 01:57 PM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes View Post
I love Jill but I believe her to be more of a "eating your veggies" before anything happens rather than "dessert" - after IT happens..jajaja I tried her elbow sequence when I had tennis elbow and I swear I felt like I was thrown back to square one every single time I did it
Perfect analogy, Mercedes! And I can appreciate your issues with Jill's elbow sequence. I had an underlying shoulder condition that only became known after numerous diagnostic tests. Following the injury that prompted the diagnostics, I bought Jill's shoulder workout--and I was appalled. Never did I divest myself of a DVD so quickly. If I'd attempted to do that workout at any time in the previous 5+ years, I'd have ended up on the operating table. J.B. Berns, on the other hand, saved my shoulders.

One thing about Chantal Donnelly's exercises in Strong Knees--I've used them as substitutes for moves (such as Pretzel) that I can't do in barre/Callanetics-type workouts. As other posters have noted, the Strong Knees moves are comparatively easy, but when done with Callanetics-type high reps, they tone as well as rehabilitate.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kneehab, knees, pretzel, strong knees, tennis elbow