Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-11, 10:31 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm afraid to try Kneehab again. Once a video has caused me pain, I don't usually give it another chance. My knees are doing better now and I don't want to jinx them.

I'll keep it to try again some day.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 10:32 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Hey Sophie, nice to be back and hear your "voice", as well as many others here. I read the CS check-in for the month of June last night. As always I was very interested in and impressed with everything you write.
I agree with that!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 10:37 AM  
rad

Hey, Alta --- and, as always, you crack me up. A breath of fresh air that pulls away from the mob to preserve reality and sanity at that essential moment.

I think it was you that mentioned you prefer the JB Burns rehab workout. I now forget. But it made me think how grateful I am to have found it and I don't need anymore "rehab" b/c everything I do is in the name of rehab or recovery.
Off to the pool.

Good morning mizach.
Looking forward to the Spain pics.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 10:46 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Good morning mizach.
Looking forward to the Spain pics.
Good morning rad.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 10:55 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
overall, yes. It's hard to say because I've been working on my knees for some time, and using Jill Miller's YTUAH and Quick Fix for a while. So I can't say it's a magic bullet, but a useful new tool, and different from what she provides in her previous material (though you certainly don't need to go through her other stuff to get Kneehab)

I do agree with others that for acute/recent knee pain, it's probably better to go through Gaiam's Strong Knees first before going to this one.
I'd go along with this -- and Strong Knees is pretty basic compared to Jill's DVD. It's not a DVD I particularly love, although I might bring it out again if I had a severe injury. I tried revisiting it a couple of weeks ago (to get a comparison for the Jill Miller) and just couldn't sync with it.

Both Strong Knees and the Bern are completely ineffective for where I am now, with my particular, sometimes wonky, knees. I've worked on them so thoroughly over the years that they're in the best shape since I was in my mid-30s (if I avoid step and Xtreme pivots). I'm kind of thrilled with my progress. Jill's DVD is helping me improve from here and that feels great. There are people who tell you not to expect much improvement over the age of 65. Well, that's not entirely true.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 06:52 PM  
cardiomama

Apologies, I'm reviving an oldish thread to ask a question.

I have listened to the intro. for Kneehab & read the insert for the segment recommendations, but did not catch where it was stated how often to use the KneeHab or KneeHow segments (Prehab can be used daily or as often as one likes). I though it would make sense to use KneeHab 2 or KneeHow every other day. I have been using the PreHab daily, and alternating KneeHab 1 & 2 (1 is less of a workout, more stretches but feels nice to do). I don't have knee injury or pain but tightness in surrounding muscles of the knee, so the Prehab & KneeHab 1 work well for that. KneeHab 2 is good, too, much more of an active segment than mostly stretches. I look forward to trying KneeHow (I already do some of the exercises in it).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gaiam's strong knees, jill miller, jill's balls, knee issues, kneehab, knees, strong knees, yoga tune up