Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: What time of day do you usually work out?
Before 6 a.m. 23 19.01%
6 a.m. to 8 a.m. 21 17.36%
8 a.m. to 10 a.m. 12 9.92%
10 a.m. to 12 p.m. 9 7.44%
12 p.m. to 2 p.m. 2 1.65%
2 p.m. to 4 p.m. 7 5.79%
4 p.m. to 6 p.m. 14 11.57%
6 p.m. to 8 p.m. 20 16.53%
After 8 p.m. 5 4.13%
Whenever I can! 8 6.61%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-19, 02:13 PM  
killoffsonny

Most of my workouts are done at the gym so it depends on what time the classes are. I usually attend classes at 930 or 1045. One mat pilates class at 5:15 in the evening if I can.
Old 09-21-19, 02:34 PM  
bubbles76

Haha! Growing up on a farm and military life has Big Bubble getting up at dawn to work out . I'm actually at my best working out in late evening, as I sleep much better. It's just not ideal for me now, so morning workouts it is. I still hate it, after all these years lol! However, it is nice that I am sure to get it done.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 04:01 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Again, I can't vote for some reason.

I work out 4 - 6 p.m. or 6 - 8 p.m. EXCEPT Sundays when I do a lighter workout + yoga or qi gong & I usually get that done around noon.

I knew from reading VF posts over the years that a lot of VFers work out early, but still surprised to see so many very early exercisers.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 05:21 PM  
wendug

I workout between 4-7 in the afternoon/evening depending on my schedule. I was an early morning (5 am) exerciser for a few years when we lived in apartments. But since we bought our house the workout space is right next to the bedroom where my husband sleeps late. So I had to adjust my workout time.
Old 09-21-19, 06:10 PM  
geojill

If I had my way, I would exercise between 8-10am. But because I cannot seem to manage exercising at 5am to get it in before work, I have been doing after work although at a less consistent pace.
Old 09-21-19, 06:44 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I am in awe of all you early morning exercisers! I just don't feel coordinated that time of day so stick with early evening when I get home from work.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 06:46 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

it does look like most people are in the before noon category.

that means the rest of us ain't up

Can't get up

or

it seems they have to squeeze it in.. That surely can't be pleasurable.

but you all get a hand for doing it, I'm sure that's more then 1/4 of the population trying to keep their bodies healthy.

I feel so bad just looking at some people and it makes me pause to ask, why don't you exercise? it's just as important as eating and sleeping

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 07:18 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Morning, morning, morning, or it won't happen Optimally before I eat; the only exception I make is on the weekend if I am ravenous and have plenty of downtime to eat first, digest, then work out. However, I usually will have wished I'd just worked out first, the actual exercise is never as good as on an empty stomach.

I love exercising before going to work, it gives me energy for the whole day! Then I can come home and crash

Yes, I'm a morning person
Old 09-21-19, 07:26 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Morning, morning, morning, or it won't happen Optimally before I eat; the only exception I make is on the weekend if I am ravenous and have plenty of downtime to eat first, digest, then work out. However, I usually will have wished I'd just worked out first, the actual exercise is never as good as on an empty stomach.

I love exercising before going to work, it gives me energy for the whole day! Then I can come home and crash

I can feel your energy and I’m going to bed!!!! I agree. Once food gets in me it’s pretty much a done deal

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 08:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post

This is my problem. I wake up starving pretty much every morning. I've started eating a yogurt either before or btwn dog walks, at least on run days. It helps more than I thought it would.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evening workouts, morning workout, morning workouts, workout time of day