Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-19, 10:33 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I have way too many dvds. My problem with the virgins is, if I allocate precious workout time to one, and then I don't like it, I always feel like I wasted my time. Maybe I should just preview them and decide from there. I have such great tried and true dvds that I don't stray too often.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 11:31 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
If there were a thread titlted "tackling virgins" on any other forum there would be raised eyebrows On here, everyone knows what it means. I love that!
I was just thinking that!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 04:36 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
If there were a thread titlted "tackling virgins" on any other forum there would be raised eyebrows On here, everyone knows what it means. I love that!

Sherry
Isn't that the truth!

Most of my collection is stuff I bought on impulse, fueled by great reviews, an excess of optimism or sometimes just loyalty to an instructor putting out something new.

Truth be told I've actually used just a tiny fraction of them with any regularity.

On the other hand, when I've needed something targeted, I've had what I needed and don't want to be without.

I'm planning to pack up my excess and put it in the closet to get it out of the way, but no way will I throw them out. Decluttering is all very well and good, but well produced exercise videos that suit my tastes are hard to find.
Old 09-09-19, 04:43 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Isn't that the truth!

Most of my collection is stuff I bought on impulse, fueled by great reviews, an excess of optimism or sometimes just loyalty to an instructor putting out something new.
I like that: an excess of optimism. I won't beat myself up for the impulse buys that turned out to be bombs. I'll just congratulate myself for such an optimistic outlook!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 12:40 PM  
Vantreesta

Did we decide if there already is a virgin check in like the dust bunnies one?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 02:52 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
It'd be great to do a virgin check-in (if there isn't one already!). I'd like the motivation to get through some of mine.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 04:30 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
But I avoid the "virgin" wording; the idea of a man "devirginizing" a workout evokes a few mental images for me, none of them very edifying.

Quote:
I don't remember ever seeing a thread like that in General Discussion--if there ever was one, it hasn't been active lately. (The closest to one was probably a check-in, now inactive, that had "Virgins" in the title but didn't have "virgins" as its only focus.)

It would work as a new thread.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 05:31 PM  
Vantreesta

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=226773

Okay, I started one!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 08:34 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for starting it!

I'm glad that I abstained from starting it and that you did so instead. You did something that I wouldn't have thought to do: you included new purchases, whether the workout itself is "new" or not. Probably from how the term gets used on VF, I tend to think of "virgins" as simply workouts purchased "long ago" and were never even opened or viewed. I have no such purchases like that; your version gives me more opportunity to post.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 10:43 AM  
SEV

Quote:

Sherry
LOL! So true!

I don't have virgins, but several I've only done a few times, but are great workouts. That goes with a "how do I fit it all in" thread.

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fomo, virgins