Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-08-19, 11:07 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Talking Tackling Virgins

Admittedly, I have more virgin workouts in my collection than I have workouts that I've done. Always crunched for time, I'll pull out a tried and true dvd rather than an untested one. I tend to gravitate towards Cathe and a handful of others.

I know I'm not the only vidiot guilty of this behavior. Please share with me your methods for approaching new workouts and how you fit them in to your rotation.
My already large collection has grown even larger lately as I appear to be suffering from this affliction: http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...highlight=fomo Most of the virgins have been previewed and I know the majority are awesome workouts.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 11:34 AM  
wendug

I must admit I'm guilty of this, too! But I don't have too many virgins left in my collection. I suffer from exercise ADD and I'm always looking for something new. On days where I just don't know what to do I either check YouTube for something new to me, or try one of my virgin workouts.

Just think, one of these virgin workouts could be the most amazing workout ever, but you won't know until you try it!
Old 09-08-19, 11:35 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have some videos that I haven't done in so long, they may as well be virgins! I have to look them up in the VF reviews. And then, sometimes I found that I reviewed them years ago.

I really need to reexamine my collection.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 12:30 PM  
IceQueen07

I have so many (mainly Cathe) that I have purchased and just not done yet. I keep trying to come up with a rotation where I can put a lot of my unused dvds in together so they all get used, but like others, seem to gravitate to the ones I know. I also like to do weights with low reps, split body parts which is hard to find. Now that my BOD has expired I may try to use my DVDs again.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 12:36 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I have so many (mainly Cathe) that I have purchased and just not done yet. I keep trying to come up with a rotation where I can put a lot of my unused dvds in together so they all get used, but like others, seem to gravitate to the ones I know. I also like to do weights with low reps, split body parts which is hard to find. Now that my BOD has expired I may try to use my DVDs again.
Cathe's monthly rotations are a great way to get in lot of different workouts. Some have more cardio, some more strength, newer vs older workouts - all just a variation on the theme so slight differences. It's a great way to use her workouts that requires less brain work than figuring out ourselves.
Old 09-08-19, 01:04 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I've tried every workout I have at least once but have many never done twice and I've had them for years. I suppose its time to either try them again or just let them go.

I also struggle with how to work them in especially now since I don't really feel like doing much of anything other than stretching.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 01:39 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I only have a few virgins left, and some I have done for the first time after seeing a post here about it. I also have exercise ADD and will focus on different styles of workouts and change around a lot, so I'm convinced I'll eventually do the few I have left. I also need to revisit a lot of oldies. Fortunately or unfortunately I don't buy a lot of new DVDs (mostly because they aren't being made as much these days) so I have had a chance to revisit.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 02:46 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I just started this plan last weekend: I'm going to do my virgins "for fun", ie. not use them as a workout right away. I guess it's like previewing it. So, on days when I have time (weekends), I'll do my planned workout (which is about 30 minutes) and then some other time during the day I'll do a virgin, lightly. That way I'm getting more activity in my day and making my way through my virgins. I plan to take good notes of what the virgin workout covers, so that I can better fit it into a future rotation.
-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 03:51 PM  
soulflower

My virgins tend to be easier works. I’m always thinking I need to really push myself, so these workouts tend to get ignored. (Although as I get older this is becoming less of an issue.) I haven’t done this yet - but I’m planning to start adding 1lb weights to these workouts. This way they’ll stay true to their intended purpose, but I’ll be more inclined to try them.

I’ll let you know how it goes and I’d love to hear thoughts on this plan.

I do a lot of Linda/Barlates workouts, so I got the idea from her.
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 04:34 PM  
muggle

No virgins here. I have small bookcase that holds all my dvds and I do them all. After I do a dvd I move it to the bottom shelf and physically move them up, one by one. Usually on the weekends I’ll look at what’s on the top shelf and put them in a sort of schedule. That way I’m not doing strictly cardio, working the same body part 2 days in a row etc. Then I can always throw in a Cathe Live if I want. I’m too picky these days and don’t hang on to a workout that cause dread or boredom. Nope, not a virgin in sight and proud of it!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fomo, virgins