Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-08-19, 08:51 AM  
Sissy B

I went and got my hair colored and cut yesterday.

Deb - I hope you’re having a nice trip.

Chrys - The teachers here went back last week and school started this week on Tuesday.

The dongle is the part that goes into the computer. The Zip uses batteries so it doesn’t have a charger.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 05:27 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I thought I've felt lethargic and achy due to shots and my sore throat was from allergies. After having a fever above 102 for much of the night before ladt, I found out I have strep. I never get a high fever with strep. I think someone on the plane home probably had it.
Deb, have a great trip!
Sissy, I need to look and see if I still have some of the Fitbit stuff. Maybe this weekend.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 08:22 AM  
Sissy B

Chrys - I hope you feel better soon! Strep is miserable!
Old 08-11-19, 10:52 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I know I did Jessica Smith Tread and Shred last week, plus I think one other strength workout I can't remember. I took some walks around Kathleen's neighborhood. We played tourist one day and went to Ft. McHenry (War of 1812 battle that inspired The Star Spangled Banner) and the Inner Harbor for restaurant week lunch.

Driving in inner Baltimore is horrible. The Ft. McHenry site stated Baltimore was the 3rd most populous city in the country at the time of the War of 1812. The narrow winding streets were meant for the horse and buggy days!

On Friday I started the 12 hour drive home. I officially hate driving long distances-I get bored and sleepy! (even with podcasts and audiobooks). Jack usually does the driving when we travel. I had so much coffee I am sick of the stuff! :O I stopped after 8 hours and spent the night in Lexington, Kentucky with a fitness friend from another check-in. Fun!

Our late September/early October Grand Canyon plans have been cancelled. My sister-in-law's health is not good and she does not feel up to the trip.

I'm sitting here with my planner, penciling in workouts. One of my goals is to incorporate some recumbent bicycle time into my week. I also need to plan some menus. The Skinnytaste eggplant parmesan recipe looks good.

Enjoy your family visit Deb.

Hope you are feeling better Chrys
Old 08-11-19, 06:56 PM  
Sissy B

Leslie - Sorry your upcoming trip was canceled. I don't like driving/riding long distances either. If we're both going, DH & I switch off every so often to give the other one a break. DH has had to drive on the trips we have taken this summer though. Even now I can only drive short distances around town before my hand starts bothering me. Audiobooks or good music help some, but I still get bored and sleepy too. Eight hours is about my max, but honestly I really don't like being in the car more than 5 hours.

I'm still doing my at home PT exercises 3 times a day. I am so ready to get back on track with my workouts and I need to plan some healthy menus too. The problem right now is that while my hand is improving, I still don't have full range of motion in my fingers yet. It just takes time.

Today is Thief's 3rd birthday. He's my male Border Collie.
Old 08-12-19, 07:07 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a dog walk yesterday. We are up early today so we can load all my office stuff in the truck and take it in to school before DH has to be at work. They were supposed to put new windows in our area, but haven't yet. They ordered the wrong windows, so now it will happen sometime during the school year. They finally poured the concrete steps to the front door on Friday. I'm not sure what I'll do tonight - it will depend on how much sitting I do at work. If I don't get many steps, I'll do cardio.
Sissy, happy birthday to Thief! He is so cute!
Leslie, if I'm in the car, I prefer to do the driving. I get bored just being a passenger

Chrys Dayley
Old 08-14-19, 09:55 PM  
Sissy B

Still doing my at home PT exercises.

I actually drove to the grocery store by myself today, bought groceries, unloaded and put up the groceries, and cooked a simple supper (again, by myself) for the first time since before I broke the bone in my hand. I did buy chopped onions and sliced mushrooms to keep meal prep simpler for the next few days, but this is a big milestone for me.
Old 08-14-19, 10:20 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. 3 mile walk for me today - we had students pickup their schedules from 8 - 1 and 4 - 7, so these are long work days. I run home and walk on the treadmill between sessions. DH flew to Kansas City today, so he can help DD move to TX. He will be back on Sunday.
Steps: 10,415

Sissy, hooray!

Chrys Dayley
Old 08-15-19, 08:56 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Jack does all the driving when we travel. I offer to share duties, but he rarely takes me up on the offer. He likes being in control I guess.

Steps Su-Wed:

Workout: Cathe LITE PHA 2 Timesaver.

TBD what I do today. I have a hair appointment in the next town over.

Sissy, glad you are able to use your hand more. The Skinnytaste Lighter Eggplant Parmesean was a big hit.

Chris, moving is the pits! I hope it goes smoothly. My daughter and her roommate ordered foam beds from Amazon. Evidently that's quite the thing now and they are so comfy and reasonably priced.
Old 08-17-19, 05:55 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I walked Buddy this morning, and every day while DH has been gone. I will do a short Firm workout tonight.
Steps so far today: 9405
Friday: 13,822
Thursday: 9514
Leslie, we got a Nectar bed online, and we love it!

Chrys Dayley

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers