Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-19, 01:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I was just coming here to mention Mary's sale of the week on Linda's workouts. The workouts you mention up thread- can they be done only laying down or seated? I am getting foot surgery in a few weeks and am looking for workouts that don't require jumping around or walking. I can walk after a few weeks with a boot but just for getting around for normal activities of daily living not for exercise. I am lazy and didn't actually look at clips for the workouts you mention which is why I am asking.

I would like some workouts, preferably on dvd that I can do on the floor. I have been using some on YouTube but there are so many I get overwhelmed with deciding which is why dvds or downloads are appealing right now. Any suggestions.
I wouldn't qualify these particular workouts (the Endurance 120) as modifiable to lying down or seated! Here's a clip of just the Endurance 120 (four workouts) which you can kind of skim through to see what I mean.

As far as other workouts though, I am willing to bet Linda has some mat workouts that would work for you. I just have no idea which ones...maybe someone else knows?
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-19, 06:57 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

Quote:
I would like some workouts, preferably on dvd that I can do on the floor. I have been using some on YouTube but there are so many I get overwhelmed with deciding which is why dvds or downloads are appealing right now. Any suggestions.
Are there any particular type of floor exercises you'd like to do? Traditional or functional? Equipment or body weight only? She has a ton of floor workouts, so it's hard to make a recommendation without a little more information .

Christina
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-19, 08:12 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verine View Post
Are there any particular type of floor exercises you'd like to do? Traditional or functional? Equipment or body weight only? She has a ton of floor workouts, so it's hard to make a recommendation without a little more information .

Christina
I don't understand what is considered traditional or functional floor work. I like using the looped and regular exercise bands and can also use exercise balls. Body weight is also OK. I already have her Resistance Band Solution-Lower body DVD. I just want to do something to maintain my fitness during my recovery. I don't think there is anything that can be considered cardio that I could use given my limitations.
I won't be able to put any weight on it for one week(so probably won't do any exercise then ) then I will be able to put weight on it wearing a surgical shoe. It will be held immobile so I won't be able to flex my foot or put pressure on the ball of the foot. As in what your back foot would do in a lunge or push up/plank.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-19, 09:35 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

Linda has been borrowing heavily from Tonique in her "functional" workouts, which I guess can be described as moves that are performed using your whole body. Some of the moves require you to be in downdog, which probably won't work too well with your foot, but you could modify them to kneeling. If you go to her sale page, this is an example of her functional mat workouts:

http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/we...-mat-download/

By "traditional", I meant regular floor work like leg raises and core work. There are a few DVDs you could preview from Mary's sale: Mat Sculpt & Burn 3 DVD set and Barlates Fusion Mat Workout. She also has a ton of ankle weight and loop workouts on the floor, but I find them to be too hard and boring.
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 12:45 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I would second the suggestion for Mat Sculpt and Burn box set. That has her Grace and Strength series which I really like. The entire series is done on the floor or in a seated position and it’s broken into short segments for each body part (inner thigh, abs, arms, outer thighs and glutes). You can use them as finishers or string several together depending on how long you want to work out. I very much enjoyed that series.

I can’t remember right now about the other two series in that box set. I know the Pilates Mat one had a couple of moves my back didn’t like and I couldn’t figure out how to modify them, but I have a specific back issue and this probably wouldn’t apply to most people. I can’t remember if it was all floor work or not.

I think I liked Mat Intervals too but Grace and Strength was a big stand out for me. It left body parts burning and was a pleasant way to workout while lying or sitting. I filed it into my brain as a good workout if I couldn’t stand.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 06:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Just had to come rave again....I made my own hour-ish-long workout with her Mix and Match set today, doing Arms 40/20, Lower 60/10, Abs 40/20. OUCH! The arms section alone had me sweating, panting, and dying and it was only about 17 minutes long! That was no joke. The legs were no joke either but in my defense, I was already pretty sore from yesterday's Cathe Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast. The abs....were HARD (but I'm sure effective)!

I am so loving these workouts! I'm also a big fan of her kitty, because my black kitty does a lot of the same things hers does!
Old 06-04-19, 06:58 PM  
manleym

Thanks for the updates kittybug! I bought all of her endurance workouts and am watching for mix and match, stamina 50 reps and some others because of your reviews. Glad you are having some great workouts! Excited to try them!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 08:54 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Verine and Cjayd I was looking at Mat Sculpt and Burn before reading your posts and just reviewed the clips. I concur that the Grace and Strength one does look best and I am considering just ordering that DVD from Amazon because the Pilates Mat one looks like it has several moves I won't be able to do while recovering after surgery. I would rather give Mary the business so I just might order the set from her.

On Amazon I saw the BBB Pilates Ball Mat that looks good. Any thoughts on that one would be appreciated. I am not sure which DVD set that Mary offers has that one on it.
Confusing!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 01:21 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Verine and Cjayd I was looking at Mat Sculpt and Burn before reading your posts and just reviewed the clips. I concur that the Grace and Strength one does look best and I am considering just ordering that DVD from Amazon because the Pilates Mat one looks like it has several moves I won't be able to do while recovery. I would rather give Mary the business so I just might order the set from her.

On Amazon I saw the BBB Pilates Ball Mat that looks good. Any thoughts on that one would be appreciated. I am not sure which DVD set that Mary offers has that one on it.
Confusing!
I know all her titles are super confusing. I agree the Pilates Mat one probably won’t work for you, but I had to review my notes and reviews and I would highly recommend the Mat Intervals that is in that box set with Grace and Strength. My review on Amazon for Mat Intervals is titled DOMS for days in 13 min or less. It is all seated and each segment is 12 to 13 minutes. I ended up doing all of them in one sitting because they are so short but they are burners. I loved that series. My inner thighs had serious DOMS. My review is not an exaggeration. So two of the three in that box set are winners for what you’re looking for (or all of us for that matter).

Now onto the Pilates Ball Mat series. That is a compilation of some of her older workouts. The workouts on that are Ball Mat which I don’t think I have done but appears to all be on the floor. I have done the Pilates Ball Abs one which is all seated mostly in C curve. I liked it but if you don’t like the C curve you won’t like it. Abs Butt and Thighs I don’t remember if I have done either. It appears to mostly be kneeling and lying. Some of the moves at the beginning may not work for you but other parts look like it would work. Total Body Mat Express is a quick burner but not seated or lying. It’s more vigorous. The last one is Weighted Ball Abs and is free on YouTube. It is a good one for seated abs. Mary doesn’t sell this dvd. You can find the clips for the workouts on it easiest by looking on Linda’s site since she grouped the clips under the dvd title.

Mary also sells Linda’s Fusion Mat Workout series which is older but looks like it’s mostly if not all on the floor too. I haven’t done that series (even though I do own it) but it appears to have gotten good reviews.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 10:15 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Thanks for the updates kittybug! I bought all of her endurance workouts and am watching for mix and match, stamina 50 reps and some others because of your reviews. Glad you are having some great workouts! Excited to try them!
Glad to enable, hah!! I'm just thrilled to find something so challenging in a different way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I know all her titles are super confusing. I agree the Pilates Mat one probably won’t work for you, but I had to review my notes and reviews and I would highly recommend the Mat Intervals that is in that box set with Grace and Strength. My review on Amazon for Mat Intervals is titled DOMS for days in 13 min or less. It is all seated and each segment is 12 to 13 minutes. I ended up doing all of them in one sitting because they are so short but they are burners. I loved that series. My inner thighs had serious DOMS. My review is not an exaggeration. So two of the three in that box set are winners for what you’re looking for (or all of us for that matter).

Now onto the Pilates Ball Mat series. That is a compilation of some of her older workouts. The workouts on that are Ball Mat which I don’t think I have done but appears to all be on the floor. I have done the Pilates Ball Abs one which is all seated mostly in C curve. I liked it but if you don’t like the C curve you won’t like it. Abs Butt and Thighs I don’t remember if I have done either. It appears to mostly be kneeling and lying. Some of the moves at the beginning may not work for you but other parts look like it would work. Total Body Mat Express is a quick burner but not seated or lying. It’s more vigorous. The last one is Weighted Ball Abs and is free on YouTube. It is a good one for seated abs. Mary doesn’t sell this dvd. You can find the clips for the workouts on it easiest by looking on Linda’s site since she grouped the clips under the dvd title.

Mary also sells Linda’s Fusion Mat Workout series which is older but looks like it’s mostly if not all on the floor too. I haven’t done that series (even though I do own it) but it appears to have gotten good reviews.
La, la, la, la, I don't hear you, la, la, I don't need to buy anything else right now, nope, these don't sound good at all, la, la, la....STOP!!

Tags
endurance 100, linda wooldridge