Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-19, 06:05 PM  
boukilisa

I don't stream because of the expense and because I like to own what I pay for. So it definitely makes me sad to see fewer people producing DVDs. I understand why. But I'm sad about it.

I don't like having to depend on streaming quality or device capability or functional problems. I like to push a button on a machine that will play a DVD reliably every time. Then I like to put MY DVD back into the box and put it back on the shelf with the workout collection I've chosen to put together. I like knowing that the workout is there for as long as I choose to keep it on the shelf.

Oh well. This is probably what it felt like when motorcars replaced the old horse and buggy.
Old 03-30-19, 07:07 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
It does seem the end of an era. I am another one who has pretty much stopped buying DVDs and just use what I already have. I will search for anything new on You Tube. Last year was the lowest buy year I have had in many years and this year will probably be less yet.

I happened to google Tracie Long Fitness to look at the DVDs and it came up that her studio is permanently closed too. That's unfortunate.
I also am one who likes the free YT content. There is so much out there and enjoy trying new workouts. If I don't like it, I didn't buy it. I have found some really good vids and no commercial interruptions. Pretty much quit looking at buying anymore dvds. I never cared much for Tracy. Not sure what it is about her, but couldn't stand in the Firms.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-19, 09:17 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukilisa View Post
I don't stream because of the expense and because I like to own what I pay for. So it definitely makes me sad to see fewer people producing DVDs. I understand why. But I'm sad about it.

I don't like having to depend on streaming quality or device capability or functional problems. I like to push a button on a machine that will play a DVD reliably every time. Then I like to put MY DVD back into the box and put it back on the shelf with the workout collection I've chosen to put together. I like knowing that the workout is there for as long as I choose to keep it on the shelf.

Oh well. This is probably what it felt like when motorcars replaced the old horse and buggy.
Yes to all of the the above, and LOL at the horse and buggy observation!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 03:28 PM  
pharma_gal

For those that ordered DVDs using the code, did you get a shipping notice yet? I haven’t received anything yet and I ordered on the first day of this thread. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 03:33 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Does anyone know if this sale is still on? If so what is the link? TIA
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 05:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
For those that ordered DVDs using the code, did you get a shipping notice yet? I haven’t received anything yet and I ordered on the first day of this thread. Thanks!
I did and I got my DVDs already. Maybe contact them?
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 05:26 PM  
boukilisa

Quote:
I got a USPS shipping notice from Tracie Mathewes. It took me a few minutes to realize who that was.
Old 04-04-19, 07:08 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I did and I got my DVDs already. Maybe contact them?
Anyone know which email address? Thanks!
Old 04-04-19, 07:38 PM  
pharma_gal

My card had been charged on March 21st. I tried sending an email to info@tracielongfitness.com but it’s undeliverable. Who do I contact? Thanks
Old 04-05-19, 10:42 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Anyone know which email address? Thanks!
Oh shoot, I don't have any of that info anymore. I also got an email from Tracy Mathewes (SP?) and I believe it was a Gmail address. Does anyone have that info? That'd probably be how to contact them.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracie long, tracie long streaming