Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-19, 11:08 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Linda Wooldridge Endurance 120 Lower and Obliques

http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/we...-obliques-dvd/

I just finished Linda’s Endurance 120 Lower and Obliques and just had to come here straight away to rave and recommend! I love all of Linda’s Endurance workouts but this one really stood out to me as being special and different. It was challenging, effective (especially that sneaky core work!!), creative (without being confusing) and the moves were totally fun to execute! I was sweating buckets as there is a great cardio factor here. The lower body was worked well as always with Linda but that core work and engagement throughout was great. If you want core work without crunches or planks this is a goodie!

Last edited by eyefit; 02-07-19 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Typos
eyefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 11:52 AM  
wlorrie

I agree 100% with what you said about Lower and Obliques.

I love Endurance 120! Have you tried 1+2=3? I think that is one of the toughest workout ever! I was breathing hard and had burning muscles. I like the Kickbox one and lower body too. I think Linda did a fantastic job with this series.
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 11:57 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
I agree 100% with what you said about Lower and Obliques.

I love Endurance 120! Have you tried 1+2=3? I think that is one of the toughest workout ever! I was breathing hard and had burning muscles. I like the Kickbox one and lower body too. I think Linda did a fantastic job with this series.
I haven’t done 1+2+3 yet but now that might have to be my next workout! lol I bought all four downloads and so far have done this and the Lower one. The Lower one was great but I felt Lower and Obliques was more fun, creative and challenging. It’s definitely going in the favorites!
Old 02-07-19, 12:35 PM  
daisyduke

This looks fantastic!
Are they streamed or dvd?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 12:38 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
This looks fantastic!
Are they streamed or dvd?
These workouts can either be purchased as downloads or dvds. I love supporting Linda by purchasing her downloads since she is so incredibly generous with free streaming workouts on her YouTube channel.
Old 02-07-19, 01:34 PM  
Maybelle

This looks awesome and reminds me a bit of Tonique, but from what I can tell in the preview has easier to follow cuing. I’ve had a hard time really clicking with Linda in the past but I think I’ll try again. Thanks so much for posting!
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 02:27 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

You're welcome! I definitely find Linda's cueing to be top notch. I used to like some of the Tonique's but I didn't enjoy them the way I do Linda's workouts. I definitely click with Linda a lot more than I ever did with Sylwia. She is very clear and easy to follow and I love her calm, encouraging personality. Her workouts are also a much more doable length. No 90 minute plus workouts! lol Of course, if you wanted to workout that long you could always do a couple of Linda's back to back but I'm good with just the one.
Old 02-07-19, 02:28 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

Thanks for the recommendation, Colleen. I blindly purchased most of her latest offerings at the last sale she had, and am not sure where to start. I've done some of the Endurance 90 and 100 series, and they have been hit or miss for me; I'll definitely try this one next.

On a side note, I love Linda, but I'm not sure how I feel about her blatantly copying Tonique. I would argue that these workouts are more than just inspired by Tonique; some of the ones I've done have been 100% combinations from Tonique. I don't think one person can claim to "own" a particular move, but Linda uses a lot of Sylwia's signature moves (the mini-handstands, downdog combinations, breakdance moves, etc) and does not give her credit. She talks about doing Tonique in one of her "coffee talk" videos, but then doesn't really make the connection to her latest offerings. I have a Mindy Mylrea BOSU workout where she does moves that other instructors have created, and she gives them credit as she is doing them and in the end credits. Just wanted to put that out there.

Christina
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 04:11 PM  
Fitstick

I have a love hate relationship with Linda. . I can do Cathe’s workouts and keep up for the most part but find Linda’s workouts Super challenging in different ways. I do get frustrated sometimes because the moves are so tough and painful. Are these endurance workouts super advanced? I tried one of her YouTube fusion flow workouts thinking it would be an easy day and it almost made me cry.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 04:21 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I have a love hate relationship with Linda. . I can do Cathe’s workouts and keep up for the most part but find Linda’s workouts Super challenging in different ways. I do get frustrated sometimes because the moves are so tough and painful. Are these endurance workouts super advanced? I tried one of her YouTube fusion flow workouts thinking it would be an easy day and it almost made me cry.
LOL Yes she is very sneaky with the intensity! Definitely a different kind of challenging compared to Cathe (and Fit Body by Julia on YouTube which is what I mostly do now instead of Cathe). I never thought I'd love these kinds of workouts until I discovered Linda. Now she is one of the 3 instructors I use religiously. I regularly rotate between Fit Body by Julia, Linda (her downloads and YouTube workouts) and Five Parks Yoga on YouTube. Those 3 ladies are pretty much all I do anymore. I haven't touched a DVD in a couple of years.

Tags
barlates, endurance 100, linda wooldridge