Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-19, 06:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I don't know how many pages back it was, but someone here recommended Giovanni hair products and mentioned they're available at Whole Foods. I decided to give them a try and I like them -- definitely help with the frizz in my hair, so just wanted to thank whoever it was that mentioned them and WF.
Old 09-22-19, 10:21 PM  
Leonana

One thing that really helped me with concealers is realizing I need a yellow tint. I have the reddish purple, sort of brownish, undereye circles. Some people do well with the peachy/salmon pink tint, and some do better with yellow.

The difference for me was like night and day. I couldn't get any coverage of the darkness with the salmon correctors, but a yellow concealer covered it pretty well.
Old 09-23-19, 08:47 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
One thing that really helped me with concealers is realizing I need a yellow tint. I have the reddish purple, sort of brownish, undereye circles. Some people do well with the peachy/salmon pink tint, and some do better with yellow.

The difference for me was like night and day. I couldn't get any coverage of the darkness with the salmon correctors, but a yellow concealer covered it pretty well.
Excellent advice!!! I ran to the bathroom. A cursory examination suggests my circles are bluish, but I'll need to double check in natural light.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 09:31 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Excellent advice!!! I ran to the bathroom. A cursory examination suggests my circles are bluish, but I'll need to double check in natural light.
It's amazing what a difference it can make.
Old 09-25-19, 08:48 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I need a concealer for the darkness under my eyes that won't make my wrinkles look worse. The Glossier Stretch Concealer came up as an ad on some page I was reading, but it's rather costly!

Does anyone with what is called 'mature skin' use a concealer you'd recommend? Thanks
I have very fair skin and have struggled with dark circles my whole life. No matter how much sleep I get or how well I eat or how hydrated I am, those dark circles persist. Needless to say I've tried MANY undereye concealers - high end, low-end and everything in between.

The ONLY one that has made a huge improvement for me is: SHAPE TAPE CONCEALER made by Tarte. I buy mine from Ulta. Yes, at $27 it's not cheap but I used it every single day and this has lasted me me well over a year - and it's still going. In this case, the rave reviews you'll read are all true:

https://tartecosmetics.com/en_US/mak...ealer/836.html
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 08:53 AM  
wendug

For a drug-store concealer I use Rimmel. I've been happy with it!

https://www.amazon.com/Rimmel-Perfec...97043127&psc=1
Old 09-25-19, 04:37 PM  
primrosecat

Hi, I am just jumping in here. Has anyone said anything about lips plumpers? Are there any that really work?
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 08:19 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrosecat View Post
Hi, I am just jumping in here. Has anyone said anything about lips plumpers? Are there any that really work?
I've got some Dior Lip Maximizer gloss that seems to have a slight plumping effect. I'm not sure it's all that noticeable. On the other hand, I like the gloss and welcome even the slightest change, so I keep using it.
Old 09-26-19, 08:26 AM  
zoegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrosecat View Post
I need this, too! I will be following....
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-19, 11:08 AM  
leigh1673

I used to really like Sally Hansen "lip inflation" - it really worked. Not sure if they still make it though?
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin