Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-18, 09:38 PM  
anetta

Another Tracie Long review question=Platinum Fitness for Seniors

Hi, well I bought Tracie Long Grand Total and I don't click with it-so I want to try to trade for the Platinum Fitness or buy at Mary's sale.

Anyone use this one-reminds me a bit of CS.

Thanks as always for the reviews.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-18, 10:55 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I found this:
https://vimeo.com/146031246

It doesn't remind me of CS/Essentrics at all. Very calisthenic-like.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-18, 11:38 PM  
anetta

Thank you, Jackie.

Anita
Old 11-20-18, 04:26 PM  
MsThistlebottom

I use Platinum Fitness quite a bit. In fact, it led me to acquire a lot of other Tracie Long workouts. She used to intimidate me for some reason, but now she's one of my favorite instructors. Platinum Fitness is an easy but thorough 42-minute workout but not at all like CS. I'm 65 and work long hours at a fairly stressful job. So I often pull this one out at the end of a long day when I'm exhausted and can't fathom doing anything more strenuous. It's thorough and functional without being taxing. The floor work alone, IMO, is worth the price of the DVD. Highly recommend.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-18, 09:11 PM  
anetta

Thank you Joan
Old 11-20-18, 10:06 PM  
alisoncooks

I like the look of this workout! I've been having a terrible time with plantar fasciitis lately, and this might get me moving. The chair portion reminds me of Jane Adams's most recent release (Balance and Strength).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-18, 10:54 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetta View Post
Thank you Joan
You're very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I like the look of this workout! I've been having a terrible time with plantar fasciitis lately, and this might get me moving. The chair portion reminds me of Jane Adams's most recent release (Balance and Strength).
I've been struggling with PF for months, and this and Jane Adams Gentle Yoga are the only workouts I've been reaching for lately.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-18, 11:52 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I found this:
https://vimeo.com/146031246
It doesn't remind me of CS/Essentrics at all. Very calisthenic-like.
Thanks for saving me some money! I was thinking of buying it. I lasted about five minutes and did a Joni-O.

It is great that it is free online to try.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-18, 08:55 AM  
Sara1000

I tried this one and liked it OK but passed it on to my 85 year old MIL. The truth is, I find anything geared to seniors annoying - what I'm doing now is the same old workouts I've always done and loved (mostly Cathe) but using lower weights when necessary. This may not work for people new to video workouts and needing more specialized instruction (geared toward older folks), but it works for me, even during times when I have slacked off and need to build back up.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-18, 06:50 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
The truth is, I find anything geared to seniors annoying - what I'm doing now is the same old workouts I've always done and loved (mostly Cathe) but using lower weights when necessary..
Me too!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calisthenics, chair dumbbell workouts, chair workouts, jane adams, platinum fitness, senior exercise, senior workout, seniors, tracie long