Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-18, 10:17 PM  
shoegoddess

Can we talk Cystocele (prolapse)

I was diagnosed with Cystocele (bladder prolapse) years ago. It was a grade 2 now apparently it's worse. My son was 8 LBS 9 OZ and I worked retail grocery in the meat department lifting or moving up to 78 pound boxes for 35 years. Plus lifting heavy weights in my workouts. It doesn't bother me. I have no stress incontinence, I do Plyo and high impact, lift weights, sneeze, cough with no leakage at all. No infections. I had my well woman's checkup last week and the PA wants me to discuss options with the DR. I've been researching and hubby and I have talked and there's no way I'm having an abdominal surgery unless it's to save my life. The vaginal surgery with mesh has it's drawbacks and the pessary....Ewww! My appointment is next week and I'm thinking of telling DR to just wait until I start having problems. Could i get some VF feedback.
TIA

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 06:08 AM  
Donna D

This website may be helpful to you - http://www.hab-it.com/education/
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 10:24 PM  
lmc0327

Cindy, I too was diagnosed with bladder prolapse about a year ago when I was 61. It just happened all of a sudden out of the blue. I have exercised consistently all of my adult life and am in good shape. My gynecologist had suggested it may have been brought about by my recent resuming of running at the time. He also said it is very common in women who have had children, although I know plenty of women who have had more children than I have (2) and no prolapse. Anyway, after having my doctor explain my options, surgery, pessary, or else just live with the annoyance of the condition without doing anything (my condition was pretty advanced), I opted for the pessary and I can honestly say it has changed my life. I know you said you didn't think you wanted to go that route, but perhaps you could discuss it with your doctor? The type I use is called a Gehrung pessary and I don't even know it's there. It is very easy to take out and reinsert yourself. Here is a link that you may find helpful: https://www.coopersurgical.com/Produ...hrung-pessary#.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
lmc0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 11:50 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

If it doesn't bother you, why would you need anything done for it?

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 06:49 PM  
shoegoddess

Imc0037
Thank you. I'll discuss this with Dr. The PA said there was 3 types. My appointment is next week.

-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
Old 02-09-18, 12:09 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I don't have it but my SIL also had a fairly severe case and she also opted for a pessary and loves it. She was dreading having to have surgery but it has kept her from needing it.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 09:06 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Cindy,
I had a prolapsed uterus 26 years ago after I had my last child. Three months after his birth I had a partial hysterectomy (uterus only) and the doctor also lifted my bladder up during the surgery. My whole pelvic wall had collapsed. I was fine for years up until 2009 or 2010 when I felt pressure again. I was diagnosed with a small rectocele which the OBGYN suggested I do physical therapy for first (she strongly advised me against the mesh). I did physical therapy for about 3 months and was fine. The physical therapist I had was a wonderful woman in her 50's who had gone through a similar experience and was very helpful. I still do some of the exercises when I start feeling that pressure again.

Sorry to hear that you're going through this... I would explore all my options before having surgery as well.

P.S. I know everyone is probably going "geez, she's had every condition known to man", lol. But really I've been mainly healthy for my almost 55 years. But I have had my fair share of health hurdles to overcome.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 10:50 PM  
shoegoddess

Thank you everyone. You've all given me great info. I'll update next week.

-Me

-Eleanor Roosevelt

-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:

Tags
pelvic prolapse, prolapse