Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-17, 09:55 PM  
ncl

What is your workout plan right now?

Just curious what everyone is doing. The last month, I did 2 days of weights (one upper and abs, one lower body), 2 days of metabolic (mostly cardio ones here) 2 days of walking or dancing, something less strenuous and a day of easy yoga which is my rest day. I did that for four weeks using Cathe Upper body trisets (which I really like) and Cathe Legs and Glutes (my all time favorite Cathe lower body workout). The last week I took off to do whatever I wanted and give myself a rest from the plan. I am trying to decide what to do next and always interested to hear what others are doing.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 11:56 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Right now I'm doing the paper workouts from Metabolic Effect. Very doable in 20 minutes twice a week. My last workout I burned a little over 200 calories. I'm still easing into the workouts as I'm not quite sure I'm doing them correctly. I'm also trying to walk every day, either outside or Leslie. I'm adding in one or two 20 minutes HiiT intervals on my rebounder on walking days. I was thinking this morning that Saturdays would make for a good leg day with Cathe or barre. I want to continue doing this over the holidays. I'm starting to sleep a little better and my energy levels have picked up.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 12:10 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Right now I'm doing Pilates by Lisa Challenge and 2-3 times per week I'm adding whatever I feel like for cardio/light weights - HDM, Jessica, Ellen or something off youtube. I will probably continue this until the end of the year.

In January I'm starting with Jessica's new set by following her 8-week rotation. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 11-18-17, 12:21 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I am wrapping up a 10 Pilates in 15 days challenge for myself. The rest of my week is a focus on KCM, dusting off my Ellen Barretts and of course yoga.

Next I'm thinking of a KCM, Pilates, yoga challenge to prepare for her new set.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 12:58 PM  
Taiga

That is always such a tough decision but mostly because I have too many good choices! I'l probably play with Jessica's new set for the rest of November. Then I think for December I'm going to do a pilates equipment (stability chair/Edge), TRX and yoga rotation.

I generally start January with heavy weights but I'm having an unusually hard time deciding on what. I may just fall back with STS again. Or finally bite the bullet and give CLX a try. I've had CLX for YEARS and every time I preview the first disc, I get Chalene revulsion and stop cold Lol I keep telling myself I have to just wait until I'm in the right frame of mind but that hasn't happened in the past decade . Of course I can't part with it until I do try it
Old 11-18-17, 01:07 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Currently using mostly Leslie's most recent strength and walking workouts, with some unweighted Ellens thrown in here and there. By the new year I plan to start returning to Jessica's sets; the older, easier ones before starting Walk Strong 3.

I'm in no rush, just enjoying being able to exercise regularly on any level again.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 01:18 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

For me, just to finally get back into a consistent exercise routine again. I have just a few weeks of school left and that will be out of my hair. I have a lot of mini rotations I want to do, Cathe with her ICE series mixed with some Body Blast and maybe Pyramids. I would like to revisit my Firms and do a short rotation with those, Margaret Richard, KCM. Just try to get back to exercising most days a week. And I need to get my eating back on track too, as that train has derailed as of late.

I really want to get into a daily yoga regimen for sure, with some pilates thrown in a few times a week.

Lots of walking, try to get out most days for even a short walk, unless it's bitterly cold or something.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 07:53 PM  
donnamp

I'm on an Ellen Barrett kick - and mixing in some traditional cardio and strength and Pilates/Yoga.

This last week I did her 7 day challenge DVD. This coming week I plan to do her Crunch workouts.

It is fun to re-visit.

i will keep this up until I get tired of it.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 08:12 PM  
CharM

Lately I've been choosing workouts that suit my mood. Yesterday I chose Classical Stretch because I thought it wouldn't require much movement, I was wrong but that's ok. haha Today I wanted cardio, but didn't want high impact so I chose Jessica's 360 Abs.
The dvds I think I'll choose from this week are:
Barre3 - Standing Slim or Burner
TA - Mat for Beginners - chair sequence
Jessica Smith - something from the 6 Week set because I'm still on the fence about her WS3 so I hope this helps me decide.
Leslie - no particular dvd
KCM - LBC or S&S

I should come back to post what I actually do.

As of 11/30, I've been doing everything above except for KCM.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 08:24 PM  
Cybersparkle

Just starting up again after a small fall off the wagon, rough TTOTM again.

I have noticed a pattern when I have to start back the past year or so.
I start with Travis Eliot Ultimate Yogis. After that gets me going, I start doing mixing Travis Eliot Short & Sweet - TE&SS (30 min) mostly with 30 min Ellens or Ravi & Ana kundalini.

If I keep being consistent, I end up mixing more stuff with TE&SS. Like weights, Lara Hudson pilates, Leslie, Jessica, Denise Austin. With some full UY once or twice a week.

Loving the Ultimate Yogi phase I'm in right now! Gotta keep it up especially with the holidays upon us now. And UY always handles my emotions, spirituality as well as physical - so thankful for it

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feldenkrais, workout plan