Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-17, 08:36 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
From what I remember when I tried it for 2 days, was the 'feel good cardio' segment from her earlier DVDs. (She wears a turquoise tank top, not sure which one that is? It's been a while that I did that one..)

Tina,
I love hearing your daily reviews! I've been going through her Bounce DVD these past days and really love it! I have yet to decide how to proceed with her other DVDs, how to mix it all in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
If you mean the actual dvds themselves or individual segments from the dvds then no. But there are so many that you could substitute if that is what you are looking for.
Thank you both! I signed up for the free trial to see if I like her workouts.
Old 09-29-17, 08:03 AM  
TinaT

hotncmom ~ Glad to hear you haven't gotten bored after 6 weeks. I think I should be able to make it through 28 days then. After I finish this first round, my hope is to take the same rotation and tweak it just a bit.

I plan to stay within the guidelines she's set up with what body part is worked etc, but maybe use some of her other workouts or sub in segments from Tracey Mallett Booty Barre WO's. ( I really like her arm work). I think both women have great upper bodies, so using both of their methods appeal to me.

Plus, I just acquired SB latest release by Prevention, so I need to work that in somehow.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 09:32 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I've been doing a rotation of Suzanne's DVD's (all of them, not just the BarreAmped) for almost 6 weeks now. This is the longest I've stuck with a rotation for a long time. I'm not bored and I haven't even used all of her DVD's yet. I still haven't done all of BA Cardio Fat Burn or Boot Camp. I don't own Fire or Bounce (yet). So I could easily keep going for 6 more weeks, I think. I'm also adding in some floorwork from other instructors for the legs, which is easy to add on because I'm only doing 30 minutes/day of Suzanne.

As for results, I'm definitely getting stronger. My arms are looking really nice. I need to cut back on the food a bit to lean out, though. I'm under some extra stress and I find myself eating more than I should. Hopefully things will calm down soon so I can relax and sleep better.
That sounds awesome, hotncmom! I've been doing nothing but Suzanne's workouts myself for the past 2-3 weeks (so far mostly doing her Flat Belly Barre from Prevention) and love it as well!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 09:33 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Thank you both! I signed up for the free trial to see if I like her workouts.
You're welcome!
Let us know what you think!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 09-29-17, 09:59 AM  
donnamp

hotncmom - would you mind sharing your schedule? I have most of Suzanne's DVDs, and I'm curious to see how you are mixing and matching.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 10:54 AM  
TinaT

So I did day 5 and found an error in her schedule.

It calls for: Bootcamp
Warm up + Thigh Work + Light Weights + Stretch

I thought Light Weights meant Arm Work. But now that I look closer, tomorrow calls fort the Arm Work, but there is no Light Weights to choose. I think it was a typo.

So I would do everything for day 5 and take out the term Light Weights.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 01:01 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
hotncmom - would you mind sharing your schedule? I have most of Suzanne's DVDs, and I'm curious to see how you are mixing and matching.

Donna
Sure, no problem! I basically started with the easier DVD's - Ruah Release, Ruah Warrior, Ruah Long & Lean Prenatal, Slim and Toned Prenatal Barre, and the Weight Watchers DVD. All of those can be split into upper and lower body segments, which I do on alternate days. If there's a mat and a weight segment for upper body, I'll do both. For lower body, I'll do thighs + glutes if they're separated. For the WW DVD, I combine 3 sections each day - Upper Body Cardio, Upper Body Sculpt + Ab Circuit one day and the 3 lower body segments one day.

I also have the Flat Belly Barre (received recently in trade) and those are whole-body workouts, so I'll do one of those on the weekend and throw in extra floorwork since I have more time.

Generally I'll pick something that matches my energy level for the day. The prenatal ones and Ruah ones are my usual choices for days when I'm tired. I usually work out after work - so around 5:30-5:45. Then I eat dinner and try to go for a walk after dinner.

The next level, which I'm getting into now, is the moderate/advanced DVD's - BarreAmped, BA Cardio Fat Burn, BA Bootcamp, Tighten, Tone and Torch, and Gorgeous Core. I'll do the same - alternating upper and lower body on alternate days. For TTT the upper body segment is only 20 minutes, but it is challenging. For Gorgeous Core, I'll probably combine the Sleek Physique + Metabolism Bootcamp sections, which is a total of 24 minutes.

Here's the list of DVD's with the breakdown by section/time. I plan to acquire at least BA Fire in the near future, and I'm kind of undecided on Bounce because I don't have the attachment bar.

BarreAmped (original)
• Light Weight Work 9 min
• Mat Work 16 min
• Thigh Work 14 min
• Seat Work 19 min
• Stretch 13 min

BarreAmped Cardio Fat Burn
• Extreme Cardio Fat Burn 25 min
• Cardio Sculpt 16 min
• Cardio Core 17 min
• Cool Down Stretch 12 min

BarreAmped Boot Camp
• Arm Work 11 min
• Core 18 min
• Thigh Work 15 min
• Seat Work 14 min
• Stretch 10 min

Weight Watchers Workout
• Upper Body Cardio 10 min
• Upper Body Sculpt 10 min
• Ab Circuit 10 min
• Lower Body Sculpt 10 min
• Lower Body Circuit 10 min
• Lower Body Cardio 10 min
• Active Stretch 10 min

Flat Belly Barre
• Classic Barre 30 min
• Barre Blast 30 min
• Total Body Barre 30 min

Ruah Long and Lean Prenatal
• Standing Lower Body 20 min
• Upper Body Mat 20 min
• Stretching 10 min

Slim and Toned Prenatal Barre
• Lean Lower Body 20 min
• Slim Upper Body & Core 19 min
• Cardio Sculpt 22 min
• Aligned Stretch 9 min

Tighten Tone and Torch
• Upper Body Sleek 20 min
• Lower Body Lean 20 min
• Cardio Torch 20 min
• Stretch 12 min

Ruah Warrior
• Lower Body Standing 28 min
• Upper Body Mat 16 min

Ruah Release
• Lower Body Standing 14 min
• Upper Body Mat 23 min

Gorgeous Core
• Lean, Long & Strong - 12 Minutes - Using a combination of Pilates-inspired moves and strong isometric ab work, you’ll totally target the deepest layers of your core muscles for a flat belly and strong, toned midsection.
• Classic Abwork - 12 Minutes - It’s traditional ab exercises with a twist! The key here is total control (not reps and speed), so you get more for your core!
• Sleek Physique -12 Minutes - This segment hits the midsection from ALL directions using planks, side planks and t-stands.
• Metabolism Bootcamp - 12 Minutes - It’s ALL about burning and firming here! This segment works all the major muscle groups to burn calories, and blast fat.
• ABsolute Challenge! - 7 Minutes - This extreme ab challenge is seven minutes chockfull of advanced exercises to totally chisel and define the abs and back.
• Total Core Fast Blast - 5 Minutes - This is your five minute “on-the go” Core Challenge – do it anytime, anywhere!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 02:49 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Even though I'm not Donna , thank you, hotncmom for your thorough listing!

Old 09-29-17, 02:54 PM  
donnamp

Thank you so much, hotncmom!! Sounds like a great plan.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 04:09 PM  
hotncmom

You're welcome! I forgot to add these - a couple more breakdowns of DVD's I don't have yet. I think I'll skip the BA prenatal - looks so much like the other 2 I already have. Will get BA Fire soon. I'll probably just sign up for the SBF membership and try out a couple of the rebounder workouts on there first to see if I'm interested in the Bounce DVD.

BarreAmped Sleek and Toned Prenatal
• Light Weight Work 13 min
• Thigh Work 14 min
• Seat Work 13 min
• Mat Work 14 min
• Cardio Tone 13 min
• Relaxation Stretch 15 min

BarreAmped Fire Extreme Sculpt
• Total Body Sculpt 28 Min
• Thigh & Seat 17 Min
• Abs Blast 13 Min
• Sleek & Toned Shoulders 11 Min