Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-15, 01:46 PM  
deineira

Free Advanced ART workout on YouTube

Terri shared one of the latest ART workouts on YT, https://youtu.be/rg-Pzm1H8Ws. Enjoy!
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-15, 08:18 AM  
akaAnnie

How is the ART method supposed to be different? It looks like a lot of others with more props.
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 01:32 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

ART Method is very different from other methods. I've tried lots and lots of workouts. This is the only thing that has ever 'stuck' for me.

I think the real trick in seeing the difference is to do the workout - previewing doesn't always do a workout justice. Also many of the workouts don't use props at all - maybe a pair of dumbbells or sometimes only 2 yoga blocks.

Here are a few ways in which it is different:
- ART Method is a practice - each workout follows a format like a yoga session. Warmup, tech study, dynamic cardio toning, focus, abs, stretch
- Despite each workout having this set format - they are unique in that they have a focus like lower body, upper body, core, total body
- ART Method workouts incorporate many facets of fitness into a workout - there's cardio in the DCT, strength and flexibility work in each
- workouts are low impact
- Terri Walsh creates layered moves - you don't just do bicep curls or just lunges, you'll do curls and then lunges (with Terri's unique flair) and then create a combo
- workouts can be adapted to all levels of fitness. By upping your game on the tech study or adding ankle weights to a lower body section, you can increase the challenge. Many ways to modify the intensity too.

You can do a tag search for more about ART and there's some info here too - http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum....php?p=2282272

P.S. This free mat workout video on YouTube is filmed by the new production group. The quality is great!!
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-15, 04:10 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I just did this workout and LOVED it!! I always admired Terri but never really clicked with ART Method until now but everything about this workout was awesome: the intensity, the pace, the moves (creative, well-balanced, challenging), the production quality... wow!

Is this representative of the workout she offers on PowHow?

Thank you so much for posting this deineira
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-15, 07:40 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I just did this workout and LOVED it!! I always admired Terri but never really clicked with ART Method until now but everything about this workout was awesome: the intensity, the pace, the moves (creative, well-balanced, challenging), the production quality... wow!

This free YouTube workout is Mat 24.3 and is the first one done with the new production team that Terri will be using. So only 24.3 and 24.4 have this producion value to date.

As far as content, it is similar to the mat workouts from Mat 21.3 forward - so the most recent 14 workouts. I think the real difference from previous mat workouts is that now there is no workout class - Terri is presenting on her own. Also different from previous mat workouts because these are filmed outdoors ... in Costa Rica!!
Old 10-24-15, 07:47 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I still remember way back when Terri was a VFer! . I see that she has a couple other full workouts on YouTube, also.
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-15, 07:52 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I still remember way back when Terri was a VFer! . I see that she has a couple other full workouts on YouTube, also.
I've been at VF awhile, but I don't remember Terri as a member.

The other full workouts at YouTube are part of the less advanced ArtMethod @HomeSeries. I highly recommend them!!!
Old 10-26-15, 10:44 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Thank you for the info ARTmethodfan! Your post are always so informative
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 02:51 PM  
akaAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTmethodfan View Post
Also different from previous mat workouts because these are filmed outdoors ... in Costa Rica!!
I know this sounds shallow, but with winter coming just being able to look at sunshine and warmth can be a real incentive to do the workout!
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 06:26 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post

You're welcome, fuzzie!

I don't have a subscription to the new site, so I cannot say 100% that this is representative. I do belong to the FB group and based on the comments and feedback there, it sounds pretty similar.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art, art method, art method streaming, free workout, terri walsh