Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-15, 02:59 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
awwwww, how horrible!
Seriously...
Give yourself a break, sweetie, you need to heal a bit more!
Sending (((hugs)))! Your motivation will return!
ditto!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 03:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Awwwww, how horrible!
Seriously...
Give yourself a break, sweetie, you need to heal a bit more!
Sending (((HUGS)))! Your motivation will return!
Another ditto!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 04:33 PM  
BunnyHop

Definitely give yourself some rest!!

Healing is hard work, so let your body do that for a bit.

Plenty of rest and fluids will likely help get you back on your feet sooner than you might manage otherwise.

Pushing yourself so soon? Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Find a healing routine, something gentle to start with, but not for a few days.

Even though you may want to think of your injuries as minor, in the long run a bit of a time out is better than overdoing it.
Old 07-24-15, 07:37 PM  
PrairieGem

Oh, no!! I will totally mope with you; that sounds horrible!

I agree 100% with everyone who says your body needs time to heal. You might "just" have some scrapes and bruises--but your whole body took a jarring impact, and as we get older these things just take a little more out of us. I cut my finger right before Christmas (I think I posted about this: should I run?? It's just my finger, right?), plus I got tetanus and flu shots when I had my stitches. That was on a Thursday night. Sunday morning I went for a run--BIG MISTAKE! My hand started throbbing about 1.5 miles in, so I stopped and walked, and I felt physically sick for the rest of the day, and it honestly took me about 4 days to really get over the systemic insult and feel well enough to do any kind of workout. I blame the two vaccinations for that, mainly--but in your case I'd think the fall itself would have a similar full-body effect.

That listlessness and lack of motivation? Think of it as a BIG CLUE from your body that you need some rest. As another poster said, soon enough you'll WANT to work out, and you'll know it's time.

Feel better!!!
Old 07-24-15, 08:12 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I agree about taking a little break for a couple of days, and see how you feel by then, be kind with yourself.

Take care!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 08:46 PM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
Yesterday when I was running I tripped on an uneven square of sidewalk and fell. I bounced and slid on my hands and also my chin. I have three stitches in my chin, a bandage on one hand, and my jaw is jammed so it's hard to chew. The doctor said that other than swimming (which would get my stitches wet) I can do any exercise I want. The problem is that I don't feel like doing anything. I'm just moping around the house feeling sorry for myself. I'm taking some medications (antiinflammatory and antibiotic), and I wonder if those are affecting my motivation. Should I make myself do something easy? Or just wait until my ambition returns?
WAIT! Every doctor who has ever given me stitches recommends NOT exercising until the stitches are out. You don't want to place extra tension around the wound. I would relax and rest and allow your body to heal itself. Better for your scar.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 11:02 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
You know how we always say "Listen to your body." Yeah, this is what we mean. You need a day or two to let yourself feel better. When you wake up thinking, "I WANT to workout!" then do it, but a a few days rest won't hurt you in any way.
^ This!

I'm sorry you got hurt and wish you a speedy recovery! In the meantime, take care of yourself and let your body heal!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-15, 09:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Another please wait until the stitches are removed! Try to comfort yourself with this fact: the body heals better when at rest an optimally, when sleeping.

I'm sorry this happened to you and hope you are feeling well soon.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
injury, stitches