Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-24-15, 02:59 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Daisy! Good to see you! I don't post much anymore either but I DO read on occasion and glad I caught your post. I could use some inspiration myself so thank you!
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-15, 08:58 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Ladies Terri just posted BW/O #2 and it looks tough and fabulous, Daisy don't give up and give it a go. I'm on for tomorrow are you?
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 07:50 PM  
daisysunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
Ladies Terri just posted BW/O #2 and it looks tough and fabulous, Daisy don't give up and give it a go. I'm on for tomorrow are you?
imma gonna do it Sunday
review and thoughts coming up. (sigh... all them lunges....)

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 12:28 PM  
daisysunshine

review of workout two.
sooo hard. and sweat inducing but i am glad i got it done

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

Old 03-29-15, 09:57 PM  
Nina O

Art

Daisy Sunshine, I love your post, I haven't been on here for a long time but have to say Terri's ART Method is one of the best forms of exercise around. My upper body is my weaker area and her workouts have been helping me so much, also it works my abs so well with the planks. The workouts are tough but also kind to your body long term. TW is so professional and her years of experience as a fitness trainer shine through.
Nina O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-15, 09:00 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I'd like to join in. I'm not familiar with ART Method but the before and afters are pretty amazing. I'm currently doing barre workouts but would like to try the beginners workout.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15, 09:35 AM  
Nina O

Hi Beth -welcome to the wonderful world of ART! I have recently (since end Feb this year) started doing it again as my main workout. I had tried it out before and mixed in a lot of other workouts but after seeing some before and after pics of other ART women I decided to really concentrate on it properly. At the end of last year i also got plantar fasciitis on left foot which was so painful and really restricted what i could do. ART has not exacerbated this at all, in fact all the moves seem to stretch the body as well as sculpt.

I have found ART to be incredible so far regarding strengthening and toning - especially my weak area of upper body and abs - it is one of THE best ab workouts, although your entire body gets worked always and you get the cardio combined because your heart rate gets up. The new series on You Tube is definitely worth trying, and they are free! The idea is to try each workout for a week, ideally 5 days with 2 days rest, then the following week, go onto the next workout. On Terri's You Tube channel there is a warm up you can do, then try the modified Tech Study (there are 2 at the moment) then go onto your workout. It's worth taking a few minutes to check out all the video clips as there is a lot of helpful info about the method and how it works, once you get that nailed and understand more about the active resistance points and their importance, it makes all the difference.

One other tip though, don't feel overwhelmed, you can go at your own pace, you don't have to be able to do all the reps straight away, the idea is to get good form and technique first then build from that.
Old 04-01-15, 10:31 AM  
daisysunshine

this is starting to feel a bit check-iny so i figured let's start something
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...90#post2515890

Old 04-01-15, 05:03 PM  
hotncmom

I'm in and doing this. Just getting over some kind of back/pelvis/psoas spasm that lasted a week. I have done Workout 1 twice and I'm ready to move on. Workout 2 looks really good!

I'm thinking 3-4 times a week? I want to do other things, so...

What's up with the blocks? Do you really need them for the plank/down dog stuff? I can do all that fine without blocks and they kind of annoy me. Are the blocks supposed to be a modification for less flexible people for down dog? I don't mind using them for the lower body stuff though.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15, 07:59 PM  
Nina O

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I'm in and doing this. Just getting over some kind of back/pelvis/psoas spasm that lasted a week. I have done Workout 1 twice and I'm ready to move on. Workout 2 looks really good!

I'm thinking 3-4 times a week? I want to do other things, so...

What's up with the blocks? Do you really need them for the plank/down dog stuff? I can do all that fine without blocks and they kind of annoy me. Are the blocks supposed to be a modification for less flexible people for down dog? I don't mind using them for the lower body stuff though.
From what I have learned so far, nothing is set in stone, so 3-4 times a week is good, and the method does not have to be exclusive. I have found actually it can help when doing other workouts as it reminds you of your resistance points and helps your form with other exercise.

The blocks do help with modifications, eg flexibility like you said, and for modified push ups (use them just below the waist to support your body) but I think also the idea of blocks is to help protect the joints for some moves in due course. Terri has a Facebook group and is often active on there, she would be able to explain so much better, but that is the general idea https://www.facebook.com/groups/terriwalshartmethod
https://www.facebook.com/TerriWalshT...?tab=page_info

Tags
art method, art method@home, terri walsh